A Weekend Retrospective

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
I am a proud American. I teared up during the inauguration overflowing with the awe of it all. The peaceful transfer of power, all living presidents in attendance, the pomp and ceremony. The class and style of the First Lady bringing back memories of a more civil time. A speech by the new president that will age well. A promise to return the country back to the people, unequivocal, powerful, unrepentant, and courageous. A speech that will increase in stature the farther away we get from it. Having been to a trump rally, there really is an energy that flows through trump to the people. Later on in the evening when trump danced with a female service member and Melanie danced with a male one we saw what America is really about. Only in America does a billionaire consort with the common folk, does a man who talks of respect for the military practice it in person. Donald Trump didn't preach to us, he didn't lecture us on how we should behave like his predecessor. He was the same man h was in the lead up to the election. He is not backing down and he is not going squishy on us. He is not dividing us up into different tribes that have to be at war with each other. There is going to be a political creativity, a political will, a political energy that has never been seen before. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Leadership will not be wanting in the next four years. I am beyond excited about the potential for the future. He did it his way. It's on like donkey kong!

No matter how misguided, even the demonstrations are a cause for awe of this country. Millions demonstrated across this nation with hardly a hint of violence or arrests.

All of us living in this country are so blessed, we should spend more time appreciating that. We should all volunteer to put our shoulder to the wheel to make our country better for all. None of us should diminish the past of this country or the future. America is a torch that all citizens have a responsibility to keep burning. I said to my wife this weekend, you know, it's nice to be happy. I am a proud American.

trum8670670431731474613_n.jpg

Forum List

Back