A very good book about "them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

belalady

« La guerre d’après », by Mr Laurent Murawiec, member of the very serious Hudson Institute (Albin Michel editor in France), only in french for the moment, in any good french bookshop in States.
But the very good bibliography (a part)

David Pryce-Jones, « The Closed Circles : An interpretation of the Arabs », New York, Harper Perennial, 1991

Robert Baer, « See No Evil », New York, Crown Publishers, 2001

Stephen Schwartz, « The two faces of Islam from Tradition to Terror », New York, Doubleday 2002

Jean-Charles Brisard and Guillaume Dasquié, « Forbidden Truth : US, Taliban Secret Oil Diplomacy and the Failed Hunt for bin Laden », New York, Thunder’s Mouth Press-Nation Books, 2002

Antony Cave Brown, « Gods and Gold : The Story of Aramco and the Saudi Kings », New York, Haughton Mifflin, 1999

Martin Kramer, « Ivory Towers on Sand : The failure of Middle Eastern Studies in America », Washington Institute for Middle East Policy, Washington D.C. 2001

Adam Parfrey, « Extreme Islam : Anti-American Propaganda of Muslim Fundamentalism », Los Angeles, Feral House 2001

Ahmed Rashid, « Taliban : Militant Islam, Oil and Fundamentalism in Central Asia », New Haven, Yale Nota Bene, Yale University Press, 2001

Alexei Vassiliev, « History of Saudi Arabia », New York, New York University Press, 2000

Sandra Mackey, « The Saudis, Inside the Desert Kingdom », New York, W.W. Norton, 2000

Joseph A.Kechichian, « Succession in Saudi Arabia », New York, Palgrave, 2001

Olivier Roy : « The failure of Political Islam », Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1994

Robert Lacey : « The Kingdom : Arabia and the house of Saud », New York, Avon 1981

Steven Emerson, « The American house of Saud : The Secret Petrodollar Connection », New York, Franklin Watts, 1985

Ahmed Rashid, « Jihad : The Rise of Militant Islam in Central Asia », New Haven, Yale University Press

Philip S.Khoury and Joseph Kostiner, « Tribes and State formation in the Middle East », Berkeley, University of California Press, 1990

J.B. Kelly : « Arabia, the Gulf and the West », New York, Basic Books

Women can read :
Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi, Randon House, New York,
Princess, by Jean P Sasson, William Morrow and Compagny, New York
Sold, by Zana Muhsen, Futura Publication
For the love of a child, by Betty Mahmoody, St Martin’s press,

I hope you will read my text : About freedom and Iraq
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3664
and my links with my others

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.