A USMB member leaves Denver on a train heading east...

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
USMB member is here 250 days, in that time they accumulate an astounding 40,000 rep points.

If a poster can only give rep once every two days, how many separate individual posters must have given rep every 2 days since the join date?

FYI there are only 200 members on atm. That's not relevant to computing the answer, but once you compute the answer, bear that in mind

In some ways I kinda' think a good thing. The more rep that is given out, and the higher everyones' rep counts are, the less anyone will care about it.

That's 160 separate rep per day, remember that you have to wait 24 hours to rep again
[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]

If reps carry different weight then the question is only answerable if you k ow each repper's rep at the time of the rep.

Gluck.

usmb member is here 250 days, in that time they accumulate an astounding 40,000 rep points.

If a poster can only give rep once every two days, how many separate individual posters must have given rep every 2 days since the join date?

Fyi there are only 200 members on atm. That's not relevant to computing the answer, but once you compute the answer, bear that in mind

The answer is (D)

2v31pvm.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno, I'm still torn between "Pineapple" and "purple - because aliens don't wear hats".

Rep number is not, and never can be, a constant change. As the general population collectively builds rep, each and every one they give out is worth more. Therefore whatever rep bloc X gave out in the first 30 days of this year isn't even close to what they gave out the 30 days ending yesterday, even if they give exactly the same number of reps. It is a system of perpetual inflation. Which means the whole question is meaningless. If I give out rep right now it bumps the repee's total by 27-28 points. When I did the same thing a year ago it was worth 1.

Meanwhile, back on the train....

Last edited:
If reps carry different weight then the question is only answerable if you k ow each repper's rep at the time of the rep.

Gluck.
I missed that.

That's an excellent point. We have to account for average rep points per rep

Forum List

Back