A Tribute to Olbermann: Why He Is Different From the Pundits at Fox News

Difference? Low ratings, low facts, angry rhetoric.

Let's examine your post Avatar.

Low Ratings? So you say, if that is true why did MSNBC award him with a huge ($30 Million) contract, and why do you and other RWers so demean him and MSNBC?
Answer. You and others attack MSNBC because they report facts with an attitude and a sense of humor. As a General in the army of the willfully ignorant such reporting confuses you, if you were to actually listen and consider what is reported an attack of cognitive dissonance would afflict you.

Low Facts: Really, then why do you and your willfully ignorant brothers and sisters attack the person and not the message. Why not ask the question and provide an annotated answer? Because to do so would require you to think critically; something which faithists abhor as it causes cognitive dissonance.

Angry rhetoric or passionate reporting? It's all in the eye of the reporter. Using two dysphemisms (angry and rhetoric) clearly demonstrates your bias.

If the ratings were so low, why exactly did Comcast buy MSNBC?

Answer is pretty clear. The right is using what they always use to squelch dissent.

Money.

Then tell me why Rachel Maddow still has a show on the same network, and Maddow to me would be seen as a far more serious threat by the "Right wing EEEVIL OVERLORDZ" as she, again to me, is far more eloquent and structured in her arguments.

It seems a stretch that comcast bought out MSNBC only to get rid of Olbermann.

The OP said Olbermann was *NOT* objective and I agree, his aim was the heckle the right, but he didn't resort to outright lies and fear mongering and he never passed himself off as "fair and balanced" unlike Fauxnews.

No one sadi that was the only reason they bought the station.

If they get rid of everyone at once then they would lose money big time.

They will slowly change it inot a Fox type network if they can and still make money.

Money is their top priority.

Its why they are trying to own whawt the American people hear as news.

Then they can try to increase the number of Americans who vote to have our government drowned in the bathtub.

Low Ratings? So you say, if that is true why did MSNBC award him with a huge ($30 Million) contract, and why do you and other RWers so demean him and MSNBC?
Answer. You and others attack MSNBC because they report facts with an attitude and a sense of humor. As a General in the army of the willfully ignorant such reporting confuses you, if you were to actually listen and consider what is reported an attack of cognitive dissonance would afflict you.

Low Facts: Really, then why do you and your willfully ignorant brothers and sisters attack the person and not the message. Why not ask the question and provide an annotated answer? Because to do so would require you to think critically; something which faithists abhor as it causes cognitive dissonance.

Angry rhetoric or passionate reporting? It's all in the eye of the reporter. Using two dysphemisms (angry and rhetoric) clearly demonstrates your bias.

If the ratings were so low, why exactly did Comcast buy MSNBC?

Answer is pretty clear. The right is using what they always use to squelch dissent.

Money.

Then tell me why Rachel Maddow still has a show on the same network, and Maddow to me would be seen as a far more serious threat by the "Right wing EEEVIL OVERLORDZ" as she, again to me, is far more eloquent and structured in her arguments.

It seems a stretch that comcast bought out MSNBC only to get rid of Olbermann.

They are all going too.

You watch.

The only thing Olberman shone a light on was his own ignorance.

Yet again, the OP "thinks" (assuming he does actually think) that whatever the HuffPuff says is true. I often wonder whether the OP realizes that he demonstrates absolutely no critical thinking at all. I would be embarrassed if that were me. I never get my opinions from other people.

This coming from an in denial hack who claims to hate both sides, priceless, :lol: :lol: :lol:

The OP said Olbermann was *NOT* objective and I agree, his aim was the heckle the right, but he didn't resort to outright lies and fear mongering and he never passed himself off as "fair and balanced" unlike Fauxnews.

Absolutely correct.

And Olbermann apologized when he goofed. Immediately.

Tribute to Olberman???? oh wow. one of the most vile persons on the air second only to eddie schmeddie.

:laugh2:

Mitchell Bard: A Tribute to Olbermann: Why He Is Different From the Pundits at Fox News

That's the difference between Olbermann and his Fox News counterparts. When Beck claims that radicals in the Obama administration want to kill 10 percent of the American population and overthrow the U.S. government, or Sean Hannity uses bogus footage to exaggerate attendance at a Tea Party event, or Fox News hosts give credibility to those claiming that the health care reform law included "death panels" or that the president wasn't born in the United States, they are not shining a light on anything. Instead, they are using the cloak of "the press" to lie, exaggerate and use innuendo as a way of promoting an agenda.

And one of the strengths of Olbermann's show was that he didn't only take on government officials, but he devoted part of nearly every program to fact-checking the lies being spewed by major right-wing media figures like Palin, Beck, Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. Again, Olbermann was consistently looking to shine a light on the facts.
Difference, olberman gets fired everywhere he goes. Why? Maybe because he is a leftwing idiot!!! Beck and Hannity would have been fired along time ago if they were lying, you just can't stand the fact that it is the left that lies, idiots.

You are accusing the right for what the left is actually doing. Msnbc and olberman wouldn't know a fact if it hit them up side their big heads.

You are accusing the right for what the left is actually doing. Msnbc and olberman wouldn't know a fact if it hit them up side their big heads.
Get used to it...He's the forum's least introspective and foremost practitioner of Freudian projection.

I used to switch off between Olbermann and O'Reilly. I found that Olbrmann wouldn't debate anyone and that O'Reilly would shout-down or cutoff those who he was allegedly debating. Which approach is worse? i don't know, both were boring and redundant. And both approaches are a waste of time and a waste of intellectual honesty.
But then the loyal viewers of both Fox News and MSNBC seem not to care if they are wasting their brain-matter anyway. They want to hear news and opinions that agree with their opinions, they must really hate putting forth the energy it takes to come to their own conclusions and and looking at all sides of the issues.

Fox and ratings?

How about gauging them by their commitment to the truth.

Olberman was the only guy telling us the truth about Iraq.

Fox fired reporters for refucing to lie and then won a court case against them by convincing a right leaning judge that there are no laws against news lying to their viewers.

Yeap ratings , no wonder you guys like to just stick to ratings as a measure.

Now, that is a lie, truthmatters. Repeating something that has been proven to be false is lying.

And, if Fox were fighting for this mythical 'right to lie', how come ABC, NBC, CNN etc all participated in the law suit? And... why do you continue to ignore that fact?
Because truthdoesn'tmatter loves lying to get people to think the lying left doesn't lie.

Get used to it...He's the forum's least introspective and foremost practitioner of Freudian projection.

This coming from the forum King Retard who believes that lying, deceitful, hateful rhetoric from the right is ok as long as it pisses off the left, stick your face in the ground and hide your ugliness.

Mitchell Bard: A Tribute to Olbermann: Why He Is Different From the Pundits at Fox News

That's the difference between Olbermann and his Fox News counterparts. When Beck claims that radicals in the Obama administration want to kill 10 percent of the American population and overthrow the U.S. government, or Sean Hannity uses bogus footage to exaggerate attendance at a Tea Party event, or Fox News hosts give credibility to those claiming that the health care reform law included "death panels" or that the president wasn't born in the United States, they are not shining a light on anything. Instead, they are using the cloak of "the press" to lie, exaggerate and use innuendo as a way of promoting an agenda.

And one of the strengths of Olbermann's show was that he didn't only take on government officials, but he devoted part of nearly every program to fact-checking the lies being spewed by major right-wing media figures like Palin, Beck, Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. Again, Olbermann was consistently looking to shine a light on the facts.
Difference, olberman gets fired everywhere he goes. Why? Maybe because he is a leftwing idiot!!! Beck and Hannity would have been fired along time ago if they were lying, you just can't stand the fact that it is the left that lies, idiots.

Just because Fauxnews didn't fire Beck and Hannity doesn't mean they're not lying you retard, Hannity even admitted one time that Jon Stewart was right about Hannity faking footage of Palin rally and Hannity lied about his ties to a white supremacist. Fauxnews in *NOT* a channel dedicated to accurately and objectively reporting anything you imbecilic muskrat.

Olberman was correct about his reporting on the Iraq war.

There were no AQ ties or WMDs.
Wrong. There was evidence of wmd's, the mainstream press never reported it. Saddam proved it if stupid people could remember, he gassed the kurds. But the left hates that little fact, it proves them wrong again.

This coming from the forum King Retard who believes that lying, deceitful, hateful rhetoric from the right is ok as long as it pisses off the left, stick your face in the ground and hide your ugliness.
Well, well, wellwellwell...It's about time you admitted you are a poorly closeted leftist. :lol::lol::lol:

Just because I punk and smack you up intellectually without showing you any respect doesn't make me a leftist, which I am, is that best you can do Nanook? :lol:

Well, well, wellwellwell...It's about time you admitted you are a poorly closeted leftist. :lol::lol::lol:

Just because I punk and smack you up intellectually without showing you any respect doesn't make me a leftist, which I am, is that best you can do Nanook? :lol:
You don't punk shit, monkey boy....All you do is fling it.

Monkey_Poo_for_you_pt1_by_Jays_Dood.jpg

Forum List

Back