A simple way to fix healthcare and pay off national debt in 6 years

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Put everyone on Medicare [or what we'll call Medicare capitalism] all providers publish prices, and give everyone vouchers for $8332 (on average) to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

As prices would slowly drop 80%, govt could reduce the vouchers accordingly until eventually most people could afford their own health care. The savings could pay off the national debt in 6 years. It's the perfect plan, it seems.

Last edited:
Put everyone on Medicare, all providers publish prices, and give everyone vouchers for $8332 (on average) to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

As prices would slowly drop 80%, govt could reduce the vouchers accordingly until eventually most people could afford their own health care. The savings could pay off the national debt in 6 years. It's the perfect plan, it seems.
If you're on medicare why the hell would you not just cash out the $8332 every year and keep getting the medicare?

This plan is far from perfect.

If you're on medicare why the hell would you not just cash out the $8332 every year and keep getting the medicare?
then you would have no money with which to buy health care!!!!!!!
plan still seems perfect!

Last edited:
So medicare provides no healthcare? What's the point of putting everyone on it then?

you get $8000 a year. What you don't spend on health care you keep
So we're just handing every person in the US $8000 per year.

So medicare provides no healthcare? What's the point of putting everyone on it then?
a voucher for 8000 that can only be spent on medical care. What is left at end of year is converted into cash

a voucher for 8000 that can only be spent on medical care. What is left at end of year is converted into cash
That's still just giving them $8000. What if I decide I don't want to buy insurance? So I spend zero on it and wait to collect the 8k?

That's still just giving them $8000. What if I decide I don't want to buy insurance? So I spend zero on it and wait to collect the 8k?
yep just like your boss gives you a pay check and you decide to spend it on food or healthcare or gambling

Umm what about the people who need more $8000 a year in health care???

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
why do you keep posting the same thread over and over? mod cleanup, aisle 6.

Put everyone on Medicare, all providers publish prices, and give everyone vouchers for $8332 (on average) to buy health care that could be converted to cash if unspent at the end of the year.

Are talking about Medicare "supplemental" insurance? If so, if you're going to spend $8300 a year on it you're getting hosed.

I will be going on Medicare here pretty quick. I already have a supplement plan for $200 a month that includes donut hole free part D coverage.

If the government wants to send me an extra $6000, I guess I'll take a cruise every year.

Are talking about Medicare "supplemental" insurance? If so, if you're going to spend $8300 a year on it you're getting hosed.

I will be going on Medicare here pretty quick. I already have a supplement plan for $200 a month that includes donut hole free part D coverage.

If the government wants to send me an extra $6000, I guess I'll take a cruise every year.
$8322 is average per person cost now

$8322 is average per person cost now

Is that just for people on Medicare or is that the national average of everyone who has insurance?

New Topics

Forum List

Back