I wish I lived in AZ 15th district

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
Guess what, Obama saved 30 jobs there, problem is it doesn't exist!!!!!!

Jobs Saved or Created in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist - ABC News

Ya know, I was hopeful, I tried to give this administration a year before i made any judgments. He has shown himself to be a liar and a cheat, and soooo arrogant, I just couldn't wait.
I do not trust Obama or his SEIU minions. I can't wait for the next elections.

wonder who will represent the 15th in Arizona.......:eusa_pray:

God help him when someone in the media (Faux News perhaps) starts putting a list together of all these 'jobs' saved..... It's laughable - if it wasn't our money he's spending.

I saw this on the news this morning too. Don't you just love how Obama's Administration is a pack of bald faced liars? The stimulus package was an utter failure but they keep telling lies to try to make everybody think it was successful. I guess this is business as usual for the Democraps.

Ya know, I was hopeful, I tried to give this administration a year before i made any judgments. He has shown himself to be a liar and a cheat, and soooo arrogant, I just couldn't wait.

Are you surprised? I'm not, this administration will do anything they can to spin everything, but the libs keep swallowing hook, line and sinker. Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's all just a Hopey Changey Farce at this point. I don't believe any of their numbers at this point. Just assume they're lying about everything...because they are.

What a complete farce this administration and Democrat controlled Congress has become.

Open and accountable?

Hope and change?

Nope - more of the same folks, but even more deception, more mismanagement, and yes, yet MORE tax and spend coming our way...

You're wrong! The stimulus did too create jobs. It even created jobs in congressional districts that don't even exist!

Exclusive: Jobs 'Saved or Created' in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist
Human Error Blamed for Crediting New Stimulus Jobs to Nonexistent Places
By JONATHAN KARL

Nov. 16, 2009—

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 15th congressional district, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the Web site set up by the Obama administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 15th congressional district in Arizona; the state has only eight districts.

And ABC News has found many more entries for projects like this in places that are incorrectly identified.

Late Monday, officials with the Recovery Board created to track the stimulus spending, said the mistakes in crediting nonexistent congressional districts were caused by human error.

"We report what the recipients submit to us," said Ed Pound, Communications Director for the Board.

Pound told ABC News the board receives declarations from the recipients - state governments, federal agencies and universities - of stimulus money about what program is being funded.

"Some recipients clearly don't know what congressional district they live in, so they appear to be just throwing in any number. We expected all along that recipients would make mistakes on their congressional districts, on jobs numbers, on award amounts, and so on. Human beings make mistakes," Pound said.

The issue has raised hackles on Capitol Hill.

Rep. David Obey, D-Wisc, who chairs the powerful House appropriations Committee, issued a paper statement demanding that the recovery.gov Web site be updated.

"The inaccuracies on recovery.gov that have come to light are outrageous and the Administration owes itself, the Congress, and every American a commitment to work night and day to correct the ludicrous mistakes."

ABC News was able to locate several examples on the government's Web site outlining hundreds of millions of dollars spent and jobs created in Congressional districts that have been misidentified.

For example, recovery.gov says $34 million in stimulus money has been spent in Arizona's 86th congressional district in a project for the Navajo Housing authority, which is actually located in the 1st congressional district.

Click Here to Track the $787 Billion Stimulus Plan

The reporting problems are not limited to Arizona, ABC News found.

In Oklahoma, recovery.gov lists more than $19 million in spending -- and 15 jobs created -- in yet more congressional districts that don't exist.

In Iowa, it shows $10.6 million spent  and 39 jobs created -- in nonexistent districts.

In Connecticut's 42nd district (which also does not exist), the Web site claims 25 jobs created with zero stimulus dollars.

The list of spending and job creation in fictional congressional districts extends to U.S. territories as well.

$68.3 million spent and 72.2 million spent in the 1st congressional district of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

$8.4 million spent and 40.3 jobs created in the 99th congressional district of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

$1.5 million spent and .3 jobs created in the 69th district and $35 million for 142 jobs in the 99th district of the Northern Mariana Islands.

$47.7 million spent and 291 jobs created in Puerto Rico's 99th congressional district.

Stimulus Fund Mystery

Interesting facts and figures, but none of these districts exist.

The recovery.gov Web site was established as part of the stimulus bill "to foster greater accountability and transparency" in the use of the money spent through the stimulus program. The site is a well-funded enterprise; the General Services Administration updated it earlier this year with an $18 million grant.

ABC News' Zach Wolf contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures

Their numbers are all lies. It's just too bad most of the MSM have become mere compliant Hopey Changey Boot-Lickers. However some Media Outlets are now beginning to see the light on what a sad scam this Administration has become. All of their numbers are lies. So just assume they're lying about everything...because they are.

It's all over the country, there's an interactive map at this site:

75,343 Bogus jobs 'created or saved' by the Stimulus | Washington Examiner

75,343 Bogus jobs 'created or saved' by the Stimulus

By: David Freddoso and Mark Hemingway
Washington Examiner
November 12, 2009

View Bogus jobs 'created or saved' by the Stimulus in a larger map
More than ten percent of the jobs the Obama administration has claimed were "created or saved" by the $787 billion stimulus package are doubtful or imaginary, according to reports compiled from eleven major newspapers and the Associated Press.

Based only on our analysis of stimulus media coverage in the last two weeks, The Examiner has created this interactive map to document exaggerated stimulus claims. The map, which will be updated as new revelations appear, currently reflects an exaggeration by the Obama administration of about 75,000 jobs, out of the 640,000 jobs supposedly "created or saved."

The map reflects reports from The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, the Sacramento Bee, The New York Times, USA Today, the Las Vegas Sun, the Detroit Free Press, the New York Post, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Associated Press, the Chicago Tribune, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. It remains a work in progress because relatively few newspapers have scrutinized stimulus spending so far.

The Obama administration has claimed that the $787 billion economic stimulus package "saved or created" some 650,000 jobs. But almost as soon as the White House trotted out this figure, news organizations found huge exaggerations in the reported data. Many of the jobs reportedly created do not exist or cannot be accounted for.

UPDATE: Today's report from ABC News tells us that prior to releasing its jobs report, the administration cut out 60,000 additional jobs from unreliable reports, none of which appear to overlap with the ones we've highlighted here. Had those jobs been included in the original count, the number of jobs "created or saved" by the stimulus would have exceeded 700,000, and the number of imaginary or doubtful jobs would have approached 20 percent.

wouldn't you think if he was trying to scam us he would at least use exsisting districts and maybe number that were at least feasible. I mean wouldn't most people see 86 and wonder right away? I mean for connecticutt one of the districts was the 42nd congressional district, it is kind of obvious some people who had no clue what a congressional district even was, were feeling out the paperwork. It always have a better chance of being right if you put something down. :lol:

I wonder how much money he's gonna spend to save the congresscritter jobs next year?

Indeed - make no mistake, so much of the remaining funds - which are the majority originally allocated, are to be utilized as a HUGE political slush fund...

Forum List

Back