A Questionnaire for the Tea Party

Danj

Rookie
Dec 8, 2010
Hi everyone –
I’m a student currently working on a sociology paper for college. The basis of this paper is to do research on a group of people who are outside your immediate social circle in order to understand them better. I was interested in examining the Tea Party movement, and so I developed a questionnaire for people who identify as “Tea-partiers” in order to understand some of their positions better. This is a very informal questionnaire, and I don’t have any pretenses about it being anything scientific. I also thought it may be fun for some of you as an exercise in explaining your world-view, and maybe get to know one another better. I’d only ask that you keep your responses fairly brief, around two paragraphs at the most.
Thanks!
- Dan

At its most fundamental level, how would you describe the average “Tea Partier”?

What is the motivation behind the Tea Party? What are some of its major goals?

How do you feel about how the media has represented the Tea Party? Overall, has it been fair? If you could change one thing about how the Tea Party has been depicted in the media, what would it be?

What do you think is the common perception of the Tea Party outside of your group?

Are there any misconceptions that the average person may have about the Tea Party? If so, what are they?

What do you think that people who are opposed to the Tea Party think of your group?

What do you think is a misconception that opponents have about the Tea Party?

Hi everyone –
I’m a student currently working on a sociology paper for college. The basis of this paper is to do research on a group of people who are outside your immediate social circle in order to understand them better. I was interested in examining the Tea Party movement, and so I developed a questionnaire for people who identify as “Tea-partiers” in order to understand some of their positions better. This is a very informal questionnaire, and I don’t have any pretenses about it being anything scientific. I also thought it may be fun for some of you as an exercise in explaining your world-view, and maybe get to know one another better. I’d only ask that you keep your responses fairly brief, around two paragraphs at the most.
Thanks!
- Dan

At its most fundamental level, how would you describe the average “Tea Partier”?

How do you feel about how the media has represented the Tea Party? Overall, has it been fair? If you could change one thing about how the Tea Party has been depicted in the media, what would it be?

What do you think is the common perception of the Tea Party outside of your group?

Are there any misconceptions that the average person may have about the Tea Party? If so, what are they?

What do you think that people who are opposed to the Tea Party think of your group?

From my individual perspective.

Proactive. Involved. Aware. Motivated by Concern about the future and negative direction.

Life, Liberty, Property, and Liberty, as a defense against Tyranny. Government by the consent of the Governed.

How do you feel about how the media has represented the Tea Party?
No expectation. Poor representation, bias reporting, but that is anticipated. The media is to the truth, like what a prostitute is to to true love. Bought and paid for. From another perspective,Constantly seeking the experiment that fits with it's already perceived conclusion, never letting the truth obstruct it from it's cause.

Overall, has it been fair?
I don't know, do you perceive Tea Party Members as Racist? Phobic? Uneducated?

If you could change one thing about how the Tea Party has been depicted in the media, what would it be?
After sending the Journalists to deprogramming and for a refresher course in journalism? I would unleash them. They need to mingle more.

If you could change one thing about how the Tea Party has been depicted in the media, what would it be?
We need to be seen As we Truly are.

intense-albums-washington-d-c-trip-picture2860-img-1254-03.jpg

intense-albums-washington-d-c-trip-picture2863-img-1372-03.jpg

intense-albums-washington-d-c-trip-picture2862-img-1368-03.jpg

Most people perceive things to be as they are told. In the short term it may be easier to accept rather than question, but what is the ultimate cost of doing that?

How many different ways are you going to ask that question? We are all Human Beings first, with all of the virtues and vices that go with the Breed, Each with our own measure. ;)

Forum List

Back