A Question regarding Economic Classes

i get what you're saying but i find it difficult because comparing 'incomes' doesn't seem right when some are earned and others are simply charity....

If you are paying $6k a year in housing and I am getting free housing worth $6K, how is it right that my housing doesn't count when the end result is an analysis of how well we are fairing as a group?

The reworking of our import/export dynamics brought on by unregulated free market policies is a motivating factor.

Our failure to invest in infrastructure and our failure to make higher education more accessible to the masses are contributing factors.

Our complete failure when it comes to reforming how election campaigns are financed is a factor.

we have literally millions of pages of regulations

it is just laughable for an idiot to say we have an "unregulated free market"

im embarrassed for the clown here on the Left

The reworking of our import/export dynamics brought on by unregulated free market policies is a motivating factor.

Our failure to invest in infrastructure and our failure to make higher education more accessible to the masses are contributing factors.

Our complete failure when it comes to reforming how election campaigns are financed is a factor.

We haven't failed to invest in infrastructure.

We have about 100 billion a year taken from us via federal and state taxes supposedly earmarked for infrastructure.

It's the malfeasance of our government that is the problem not the amount of money taken from us.

1. we have millions of pages of regulations
2. we have a federal fuel tax and state taxes for infrastructure; wrong again
3. liberals run the education system in America; who is surprised it's failing?
4. the loser Left doesn't mind that the same ruling that made corporations "people" made Big Labor unions people too

idiots and hypocrites

4. the loser Left doesn't mind that the same ruling that made corporations "people" made Big Labor unions people too

idiots and hypocrites

bedoninny wtf are you rambling about this morning?

I think you might be on to something about the education system. Where ever you went to school, the education part didn't work. What ever political party your teachers subscribed to, look at what they had to work with to educate. A bedoninny. Stupid fuck. It didn't work for you, that's for sure.

You go to school with the T and a Rabbit?

idiots and hypocrites

bedoninny wtf are you rambling about this morning?

I think you might be on to something about the education system. Where ever you went to school, the education part didn't work. What ever political party your teachers subscribed to, look at what they had to work with to educate. A bedoninny. Stupid fuck. It didn't work for you, that's for sure.

You go to school with the T and a Rabbit?

good morning moron; thanks for another unhinged rant that lets me know how much I get to you

happy brain aneurysm leftard!!

There has never been an unregulated free market in inmport/export. Not in the history of the country.

We have spent more on infrastructure than ever.

Higher education is the problem, not the solution. Almost 50% of college grads from the last 4 years are either unemployed or underemployed.

Attempts at campaign finance like McCain-Feingold are unconstitiutional and counterproductive.

It isn't that you dont know anything. It's that everything you know is wrong.

i get what you're saying but i find it difficult because comparing 'incomes' doesn't seem right when some are earned and others are simply charity....

If you are paying $6k a year in housing and I am getting free housing worth $6K, how is it right that my housing doesn't count when the end result is an analysis of how well we are fairing as a group?

How is it fair that the cost to borrow money is higher for the working poor and the middle class than for the wealthy?

If A is paying $6,000 a year in rent, and B is paying $6,000 for housing and earning equity, the comparison is ridiculous. Of course some choose to rent while others have no alternative.

How is it fair that the cost to borrow money is higher for the working poor and the middle class than for the wealthy?

If A is paying $6,000 a year in rent, and B is paying $6,000 for housing and earning equity, the comparison is ridiculous. Of course some choose to rent while others have no alternative.

How is it fair that a 25 year old man driving a Corvette with 2 DUIs and an accident pays more for car insurance than a 45 yr old woman with a perfect record driving a 10 yr old Chevrolet sedan?

There has never been an unregulated free market in inmport/export. Not in the history of the country.

Higher education is the problem, not the solution. Almost 50% of college grads from the last 4 years are either unemployed or underemployed.

Attempts at campaign finance like McCain-Feingold are unconstitiutional and counterproductive.

Did I forget to add that you're an asshole? Mea culpa, you're an asshole. Being myopic isn't your fault, it's likely a product of your birth (or maybe you were dropped on your head a number of times as an infant).

What I don't understand is why you're an asshole. Why your emotional outbursts and hate filled comments never mitigate your condition. It would seem posting the hate you feel for most American Citizens and immigrants would have a cathartic effect, but no, you are hysterically over the top everyday. Maybe you should try drug therapy, I doubt you're verbal enough or intelligent enough to learn from traditional talk therapy so drugs maybe the answer.

Of course not admitting you have a problem is the great impediment to you and others who suffer from major mental maladies, and like the paranoid schizophrenics, you likely would mistrust any inkling that something is terribly wrong with you. Thus, you transfer your self hate to others. Yep Rabbi, you are one very sick puppy.

BTW: Risk would determine the rates for the 25 yo vis a vis the 40 yo; that doesn't explain "Red Lining", then again you are a liar by omission so you ignore anything which might not support your crazy agenda.

Last edited:

Did I forget to add that you're an asshole? Mea culpa, you're an asshole. Being myopic isn't your fault, it's likely a product of your birth (or maybe you were dropped on your head a number of times as an infant).

What I don't understand is why you're an asshole. Why your emotional outbursts and hate filled comments never mitigate your condition. It would seem posting the hate you feel for most American Citizens and immigrants would have a cathartic effect, but no, you are hysterically over the top everyday. Maybe you should try drug therapy, I doubt you're verbal enough or intelligent enough to learn from traditional talk therapy so drugs maybe the answer.

Of course knowing you have a problem is the great impediment to those who suffer from major mental maladies, and like the paranoid schizophrenics you likely would mistrust any inkling that something is terribly wrong with you. Thus, you transfer your self hate to others. Yep Rabbi, you are one very sick puppy.

Was there some refutation of my post you wanted to make? Some fact you think I left out or distorted? Or are you admitting you lose every time you try to debate me and fall into infantile cursing because your knowledge base is miniscule (like your dick) and you reasoning ability non-existent?

what you are really addressing is the social contract...

what do you think of the idea of a streamlined guaranteed basic income for everybody...?

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ic-income-for-all/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I was speaking the the methodology of how the comparison data is used, not as to what someone considers "fair" or "unfair" in policy.

The answer to your question is that lending to the wealthy is less at risk than lending to the poor. Even within the ranks of a single class, your credit rating makes a huge difference whether you are paying 6% on your credit card or 19.99%

A comparison of wealth between those who rent and those who are buying/own would be informative. Some people, however, have no desire to own while others might have no desire to own the sorts of properties they could reasonably purchase on their incomes.

We haven't failed to invest in infrastructure.

We have about 100 billion a year taken from us via federal and state taxes supposedly earmarked for infrastructure.

It's the malfeasance of our government that is the problem not the amount of money taken from us.

Yep. And we are being bilked...bigtime.

what do you think of the idea of a streamlined guaranteed basic income for everybody...?

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ic-income-for-all/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

What I am addressing is that if people are getting $9K EITC, Section 8, WIC, SNAP, Medicaid, etc, then they are receiving things that have economic value. It is hard to say somebody is suffering in misery if they are being supported by the government already to a liveable standard.

I do not support basic incomes for everybody. All it would do would be to drive up the cost of living. Supply and demand works the same among millionaires as it does between poor people.

What I am addressing is that if people are getting $9K EITC, Section 8, WIC, SNAP, Medicaid, etc, then they are receiving things that have economic value. It is hard to say somebody is suffering in misery if they are being supported by the government already to a liveable standard.

I do not support basic incomes for everybody. All it would do would be to drive up the cost of living. Supply and demand works the same among millionaires as it does between poor people.

The original point was that statistics on income for lower class people leave out non-cash contributions by government, thus grossly understating their income. If you factor in non cash contributions the gap is much smaller and incomes have risen quite a bit.

The original point was that statistics on income for lower class people leave out non-cash contributions by government, thus grossly understating their income. If you factor in non cash contributions the gap is much smaller and incomes have risen quite a bit.

I agree, and that is my criticism of much of these thinks like Piketty's analysis.

isn't the cost of living already being driven up....? and there is no way our government will be able to meet the coming tsusami of payments without some radical changes...

some think the basic income approach would actually be cheaper than what we are currently doing...plus have some positive side effects compared to the crazy welfare system we now have which is self-destructive...it could replace all that as well as Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare with one equal payment to every citizen....

wouldn't this effectively eliminate poverty as well as downsize government....not to mention treat all income groups equally....?

Forum List

Back