A question for Republicans

I just watched a documentary about this person who tried to stay alive for one month on the generosity of others.

This wasn't someone on welfare. He had a good job and plenty of money.

But he wanted to test the humanity of his fellow citizens.

So he went on this long journey, touring America - using craigslist to stay alive.

Something interesting happened.

He met an Iraqi family who had fled Iraq and moved to LA. They invited him into their home - gave him food and shelter. They wanted to help him because he was a fellow human being.

Of all the people this person met on his 30 day adventure, the Iraqi family was the most generous. They actually hugged him and cried with him. They were poor but their generosity was inspiring.

Does this story disgust Republicans?
Do you know what is really going to disgust you?

Most Iranians that I know hate progressives and follow the conservative ideology of small government. Probably because they understand both business (something the progressives don't) and the dangers of an all powerful government.

Sucks to be you, doesn't it?
Why would that disgust a progressive? Iran is very Conservative ... no one denies that.

I just watched a documentary about this person who tried to stay alive for one month on the generosity of others.

So he went on this long journey, touring America - using craigslist to stay alive.

He met an Iraqi family who had fled Iraq and moved to LA. They invited him into their home - gave him food and shelter. They wanted to help him because he was a fellow human being.

Of all the people this person met on his 30 day adventure, the Iraqi family was the most generous. They actually hugged him and cried with him. They were poor but their generosity was inspiring.

not sure what the point of this thread is...

I've often taken in a hitchhiking traveller, given him a place to stay for the night, with a hot bath and breakfast the next morning...

and also given neighbors in my lower-income area stuff from my garden and loaned tools to fix things (which I don't always get back)...

am I doing something wrong here...?

That's what American was like before Progressives decided to transform it.

FDR wanted the government to replace private charities

Progressives disgust me

Right. That's why there were so many hobo and homeless camps during the depression. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why would it disgust Republicans? The family meet him believed he needed help and choose to offer it to him. The question I will now ask is a pointless as the one you asked but I will ask it anyway does this story disgust Democrats?

I'm not sure of the point of the story either. Someone needs help, someone helped him. It works for me.

:confused:
Why would it?

Progressives disgust me

This is a reasonable response Frank - as much as I hate to admit it.

Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?

These generous people whom I'm referring to were muslims from Iraq raised on the Koran.

They were incredibly generous. They were good people who just wanted to help their fellow human being.

They proved to be the most humane people on his long journey.

They took him in and fed him.

Does this upset you, that Islamic Muslims did this?

You're desperate for someone to say so before anyone has suggested such a response? That's beyond fucking pathetic. You're a little clown.

Progressives disgust me

Right. That's why there were so many hobo and homeless camps during the depression. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When liberals have fucked up the economy beyond a certain point, then no amount of private charity will be sufficient. However, no one starved.

Why would it?

He proved conservatives right.

Progressives disgust me

Yeah, FDR was such a swell guy that he 'housed' over 100,000 innocent Americans in concentration camps. He prolonged the Depression, extending the suffering of millions. He nearly destroyed our system of government. He burdened countless generations to follow with unsustainable obligations and dehumanizing dependency. He was the closest thing we've ever had to a true dictator, and he's obama's idol.

Progressives disgust me

These generous people whom I'm referring to were muslims from Iraq raised on the Koran.

They were incredibly generous. They were good people who just wanted to help their fellow human being.

These people fled here, to get away from the shit hole there.

The hate you think we feel is in your imagination. past time to grow up and think for yourself,

msn is not information

:link: please

Progressives disgust me

Yeah, FDR was such a swell guy that he 'housed' over 100,000 innocent Americans in concentration camps. He prolonged the Depression, extending the suffering of millions. He nearly destroyed our system of government. He burdened countless generations to follow with unsustainable obligations and dehumanizing dependency. He was the closest thing we've ever had to a true dictator, and he's obama's idol.

Nice rant, but it has nothing to do with my comment, which highlighted the lie that private charity could meet the demand of people in need during those times.

Last edited:

Progressives disgust me

Why would it?

Nice rant, but it has nothing to do with my comment, which highlighted the lie that private charity could meet the demand of people in need during those times.

That's only because your hero fucked up the economy so bad. Furthermore, no one starved.

"Documentary"?

Meh. Most "documentaries" I've seen recently have a clear political agenda in one direction or the other. So they start with an objective in mind and work backwards from there, ignoring and/or avoiding all evidence and events that are contrary to their agenda.

Next...

Progressives disgust me

I don't believe that all "Islamic Muslims" are terrorists

You'll find that emigres from Iran, Syria and the old USSR have a greater love for the Freedom and opportunity that is America than most Progressive Liberals who can't find a single nice thing to say about the USA

No, it does not disgust anyone and why should it? What does disgust this Republcian is YOU and your inference. So high and mighty are the liberal left yet it is they that have f..ed up the country.

Your as brain dead as you claim conservatives are the fact you claim you did not understand the meaning confirms that.

First of all, I wouldn't attack someone's intelligence using incorrect word choices and a poor use of English. I mean holy fuck, you're coming across as a moron right now with your inability to convey a coherent thought. Second, you don't do a good job of communicating as I couldn't tell if were you claiming I was racist, against rich people or against charity. Third, go fuck yourself retard and sober up before posting again.
^^^^Pot, kettle, black?^^^^

You're not exactly the brightest light on the ol' Xmas tree o' life.....eh, Sparky?

But he thinks he is and that's what makes him so damned special; a veritable legend in his own mind!

No, it does not disgust anyone and why should it? What does disgust this Republcian is YOU and your inference. So high and mighty are the liberal left yet it is they that have f..ed up the country.

I was trying to make a point that the Muslim world is not filled with evil people. They are just like us - some good, some bad. I made the assumption that there was Islamaphobia on the right. I think many folks on the right believe that people in the Middle East are atavistic, and need to be saved, helped, or defeated by the West.

I don't think government is filled with Liberals and Conservatives. I think it is filled with politicians who get funded by special interests to vote for policies that help corporations large enough to have lobbyists or primary any politician who votes incorrectly.

Had Obama replaced Geithner with a Progressive, I'd say your paranoia was correct. But he replaced him with a free market Wall Street guy who believes that government should get out of the way of the financial innovators. There is no Left. The Left died with McGovern. Carter deregulated transportation and communications; Clinton declared the end of Big Government and made larger cuts to Welfare than Reagan.

The myth of the Left exists on talk radio and appeals to low information voters.

Forum List

Back