A question about liberals...

I'm new here and have been browsing the threads. I noticed that a disproportionate number of liberal/progressives resort to name calling when their arguments fall apart. I noticed this on another message board too. Anybody have a good explanation of why this is? Also, why were liberals more angry after Obama's election, than before? I mostly would like a liberal answer to this, as my conservative peers probably have the same reasons I do :)

I've noticed quite the opposite.

But thank you for admitting GOP CON$ervative hate radio meant "Osama" and "Imam" as pejoratives from the get go.

Any time ed...Hahahaha...It's called seeing the truth. As opposed to claiming someone said something "out of sincere respect". A perfect example of why I'm not a liberal ;)

I'm new here and have been browsing the threads. I noticed that a disproportionate number of liberal/progressives resort to name calling when their arguments fall apart. I noticed this on another message board too. Anybody have a good explanation of why this is? Also, why were liberals more angry after Obama's election, than before? I mostly would like a liberal answer to this, as my conservative peers probably have the same reasons I do :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I wish I had a dollar every time I have been personally insulted for presenting cold hard court documented facts to the righties on here.

I notice that the conservatives are making a slight effort to catch up to the liberal name calling. Which is funny, because when ever something is contested by liberals, they usually make the gains to ensure their position. If this were an election and votes were being counted, the liberals would be up 5-6:1 by now and pulling away...lol

I wish I had a dollar every time I have been personally insulted for presenting cold hard court documented facts to the righties on here.
Madam... first you have to outwit my cat.
340x.jpg

A monumental task for you, to be sure.

Conservatives are into hate.

They hate gays, they hate immigrants, they hate muslims, they hate anyone that is different than they are.

340x.jpg

Thank you so much for helping prove my point.

Now what part of sceince, history and court documented proof are you going to call me names for today?

want to start with the Felons list in Florida 2000 or do you want to insult me for proving with court documents that the republican party has been cheating in elections for decades?

But thank you for admitting GOP CON$ervative hate radio meant "Osama" and "Imam" as pejoratives from the get go.

Any time ed...Hahahaha...It's called seeing the truth. As opposed to claiming someone said something "out of sincere respect". A perfect example of why I'm not a liberal ;)
I doubt if very many people knew what tea bagging meant, so people were calling Teabaggers by their chosen nickname out of respect.

Liberals certainly didn't brand them with the nickname Teabagger, the Teabaggers chose the name themselves, so accusing the Liberals of giving them a derogatory nickname is simply playing the victim card as well as being dishonest. A perfect example of why I would never be a CON$ervative.

I suggest you open the other eye and look around again

Like I said, I'm new here and have only read about 90-100 posts. I may need to read more, but it is about 4:1 so far. And I'm talking about names like a-hole, idiot, stupid ass,...etc. There are loons on both sides, and name calling dosen't automatically equal loon. It does however ruin any chance at getting someone to see your point of view. I'll be happy to make friends with anybody as long as they don't believe in using government to take other peoples stuff :)

P.S. The term "Teabaggers" is what got me to notice when liberals try to discredit by using derogatory language...Since then it is something I can't un-see. It has made me more careful in how I make my points and who I choose to interact with on a personal level. It is a very unattractive quality :)

340x.jpg

I'm pretty sure you just proved his point.

I notice that the conservatives are making a slight effort to catch up to the liberal name calling. Which is funny, because when ever something is contested by liberals, they usually make the gains to ensure their position. If this were an election and votes were being counted, the liberals would be up 5-6:1 by now and pulling away...lol
get off it. CON$ have been name calling for decades. I can remember Spiro T Agnew alliterating his insults nearly 40 years ago.

I doubt if very many people knew what tea bagging meant, so people were calling Teabaggers by their chosen nickname out of respect.

Liberals certainly didn't brand them with the nickname Teabagger, the Teabaggers chose the name themselves, so accusing the Liberals of giving them a derogatory nickname is simply playing the victim card as well as being dishonest. A perfect example of why I would never be a CON$ervative.

True there were unsuspecting people then. That played out long ago. That was then, this is now, the term is derogatory. You using it, is a reflection on you, not the Tea Party.

True there were unsuspecting people then. That played out long ago. That was then, this is now, the term is derogatory. You using it, is a reflection on you, not the Tea Party.
Me using Teabagger is a reflection on the standards established by the CON$ervative paragons of civility with their use of derogatory terms. As I already pointed out, if a slip of the tongue gives CON$ license to use "Usama Ubama" then a poor choice of nickname gives license to use "Teabagger."

Like I've said many times, CON$ can dish it out but they whine like little crybabies when the Golden Rule bites them in their hypocritical asses.

I suggest you open the other eye and look around again

Like I said, I'm new here and have only read about 90-100 posts. I may need to read more, but it is about 4:1 so far. And I'm talking about names like a-hole, idiot, stupid ass,...etc. There are loons on both sides, and name calling dosen't automatically equal loon. It does however ruin any chance at getting someone to see your point of view. I'll be happy to make friends with anybody as long as they don't believe in using government to take other peoples stuff :)

P.S. The term "Teabaggers" is what got me to notice when liberals try to discredit by using derogatory language...Since then it is something I can't un-see. It has made me more careful in how I make my points and who I choose to interact with on a personal level. It is a very unattractive quality :)

340x.jpg

I'm pretty sure you just proved his point.
Yes, she DID prove my point. She mistook my mockery of her as the same a having a desire to attempt conversation with her since a focused and rational conversation is impossible on her level. She's still trying to get Gore elected in 2000.

So providing court documented facts about the felons list in florida and how the state had to quit using a system designed to knock legal black voters off the voter list is not up to your "level" of discussion?

Gee I'm so surprized.

Forum List

Back