CDZ A New and Improved Constitution for the USA

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Foxfyre, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,427
    No Kennedy federalized the National Guard:

On June 10, 1963, President John F. Kennedy federalized National Guard troops and deployed them to the University of Alabama to force its desegregation. The next day, Governor Wallace yielded to the federal pressure, and two African American students--Vivian Malone and James A. Hood--successfully enrolled. In September of the same year, Wallace again attempted to block the desegregation of an Alabama public school--this time Tuskegee High School in Huntsville--but President Kennedy once again employed his executive authority and federalized National Guard troops. Wallace had little choice but to yield.

I suspect you knew what I was talking about.

Do you support Kennedy doing so? Yes or no.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Derideo_Te

Derideo_Te Je Suis Charlie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    :thup:

None of the Libertarian Utopians in the thread are willing to deal with that reality however. They want a "blank slate" because then the other side has to do 100% of the compromising to get anything at all. It doesn't work that way in real life. The Libertarians don't get everything they want (i.e. a blank slate) and then only begrudgingly make a few meager concessions here and there.

3. Derideo_Te

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    Because the HF disinformation is based upon the utterly bogus premise that "unelected people, via regulations regarded as laws, are now intruding on almost every aspect of how we live our lives and what sorts of societies we are required to have" which is completely false.

4. Derideo_Te

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    Hogwash!

Amongst the very first acts of Congress were laws requiring that all firearms must be registered and that certain professions must be taxed in order to pay for a state run healthcare system.

That gives lie to your bogus claims about "maximum liberty".

5. Derideo_Te

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    :lol:

6. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,932
    Kennedy was acting on the authority of the President, ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE, to enforce the Brown vs Board of Education ruling by the Supreme Court. Now as part of this discussion, we can argue whether that ruling was actually a constitutional prerogative of the Supreme Court or whether it too should have been passed by Congress, but at the time, Kennedy was acting according to the law at that time.

Again, do you not see the difference between a President enforcing an existing law and unelected people making law?

7. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,427
    This will be the 3rd time I've asked it (and likely the 3rd time you've side-stepped it); Do you support Kennedy doing so?

What unelected people are making laws?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,932
    I did support Kennedy doing so at the time and I would support a President doing so now. I support Presidents who obey and enforce the law. I do not support any President who disregards or arbitrarily changes or refuses to enforce a law and have no problem condemning such action committed by any President.

To answer your question re what unelected people are making laws, I will refer you to Posts #1419, #1420, and #1427.

And after you have reviewed that material, would you answer my question that I am now asking for the third time:

Do you want your next door neighbor who was elected by nobody to have the power to dictate what you will or will not be able to purchase or how you are required to conduct your business?

9. Derideo_Te

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,088
    And which presidents besides Nixon and Reagan did that?

10. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,427
    Thanks...see how easy it is to simply answer a question.

Now back to the blank sheet of paper and states determining their own societies mumbo jumbo....

Lets say that Kennedy lost Alabama to Nixon in 1960. Under the new rules you want to spawn; would Kennedy have the right as President of the United States to intervene in any state where the majority didn't elect him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.