A message from Overseas.

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
My brave fellows, you have done all I asked you to do, and more than can be reasonably expected; but your country is at stake, your wives, your houses and all that you hold dear. You have worn yourselves out with fatigues and hardships, but we know not how to spare you. If you will consent to stay one month longer, you will render that service to the cause of liberty, and to your country, which you probably can never do under any other circumstances. George Washington (wikiquote.org)

Messages from those overseas:
Thank you for your support. It helps to know you care. V/R GM3 Olonia USS George Washington CVN-73
GM3 Michael Olonia/ U.S. Navy, Colorado Springs, Colo

God Bless You!
Army, Whitefish, Mont

Thank you for showing your support. It means a lot especially to those of us who are overseas right now. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. God bless America.
Charlene Leto/SPC/Army national guard, Palm Bay, Fla.

To all the Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines that serve each and every day around the world I stand with you proudly to bear arms in support of freedom. I would like to thank everyone who supports what we do and please continue to show all that great support! We greatly appreciate it!
Joseph Williams/SPC/Active Army, Lansing, Mich.

I just wanted to tell everyone back home thank you.... Thank you for your support and for caring about me and my brothers and sisters out here. Everyday I see packages arrive for someone and I know that package is warmimg someone's heart and re-energizing them for whatever mission comes down to us. Thank you so much. Thank you again; and to my family, I love you and miss you so much!
SPC Jodie Gollihugh, Army, North East, Pa.

America Reaches Out

Each day we debate the fate of our nation here, some on one side and some on the other an all with equal passion for the causes they believe in. These Americans that are deployed the world over most in harms way, serve us all 24 hours a day 7 days a week and endure hardships that many of us can only imagine. Their families ache for their return and hearts break at their loss. so this holiday season when we debate , perhaps if only for a moment even if you cannot agree with the reasons why they are there, take pride in their sacrifice, for all that they do, and the cause they serve greater than themselves. If only for a moment everyone tookl the time to just remember the sacrifices of these brave people regardless of the reasons why they are deployed, then perhaps we would all start to remember that we are ALL in this together. Thank you all of you who serve and have served and may god shower his many blessings upon you.

P-3 Driver I see huh? It was a a different Navy in those days, and I started to realize I was getting old when all the ships and all the aircraft I had the chance to fly are now in retired, used as targets, museums, or at the bottom of the sea. *laughs*. We went to down to AMARG last year to the Pima Air and Space Museum and while taking the little tour I spent more time pointing out aircraft to my daughter with the words used to!! Welcome Aboard to USMB.

Forum List

Back