A majority GOP future

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
For those that have in-depth knowledge of GOP policy and plan, post what the next 5 years are going to look like under a GOP run government. Thank you.

IMO a lot depends on whether the Republican Congressional numbers increase or not. Assuming they do:

You might be surprised to find that I think there would be quite a bit of difficulty with domestic programs of the administration. They are spending or trying to spend too much money while fighting a war. Can't increase spending on programs, fight a war, and decrease taxes, the deficit is too high.

I think the Congress will fund the war, keep the tax cuts, and pare spending.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
He needs to confer with the prez and the leaders of the party first! :D

yeah, Jeff has ALWAYS been one to tow the party line and parrot the prez......especially on immigration. right jeff? :rolleyes:

Well since we aren't the USSR five year plans don't exist here so let's pare that back to just the four year Pres. election cycle...
Much depends on the Repub's obtaining a working majority in the Senate. Taking it as a given that Bush is reelected. Somehow a fillibuster proof coalition must be forged in the Senate that would have to include a few moderate Dem's ( where o' where art thee). If that were the case then the Dem's could no longer bluster and halt Bush judicial nominees especially to the Supreme Court.
Granted those two conditions may be impossible to obtain. However if they could be achieved then here's a few possible scenarios. Abortion on demand will be limited somewhat; partial birth abortion unconstitutional, abortion after the first trimester unconstitutional.. Gay marriage----forget it..
An increase in military expenditures ( up 15-25% ) until the WOT is accomplished and possible further.. Under Clinton the military shrunk faster than a fruit-of-the-loom t-shirt. Clinton and others expected a "peace dividend" after the fall of the Sov's without correctly realizing that a non bi-polar world would require a greater not lesser U.S. defense budget; especially in the non-strategic area. Fewer bureaucratic regulatory constraints on business, particularly as concerns EPA restrictions which hamstring business growth.. Drilling in ANWAR you betcha, a new oil boom in Alaska.
Far less reliance on international organizations (UN) to confront crises internationally should it involve U.S. national interest.. Elimination of the Department of Education, (Where are its' campuses, students, faculty?) with education policy being controlled on the State and local independent school districts.. After all who knows better how to, and cares more for, the education of their children than the locals who love and care for them most.. I could go on but basically less of the Hyper-Federalism which has been the trend since 1932, and a return to more control by the States over policy on the local level...

Just an update, Democrats gained a seat yesterday - Bill Janklow's seat in South Dakota was won by a Democrat in the special election - she'll be running again against the same opponent in November.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Just an update, Democrats gained a seat yesterday - Bill Janklow's seat in South Dakota was won by a Democrat in the special election - she'll be running again against the same opponent in November.

acludem

Yeah she will be running against the same opponent and she only one by marginal votes. She doesnt have it locked up this november. but neither does daschle.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
For those that have in-depth knowledge of GOP policy and plan, post what the next 5 years are going to look like under a GOP run government. Thank you.

I could say things like:

1. Lower tax rates than 4 years under lib Democrats.
2. Greater economic developement.
3. Less government growth than 4 years under lib Democrats.
4. Better internal security than 4 years under the waffle king.

But, I'll tell you the truth. I called GW and asked him your question. He wanted me to keep this under my hat, but I think I can trust you. The REAL conservative agenda is as follows:

1. Everyone must become a Southern Baptist.
2. Prayer will be mandatory at least once a day.
3. Women will be chained to the kitchen sink.
4. Homosexuals will be shot on sight.
5. The war on terror will be taken away from the military and turned over to Southern good-ole boys. They will be given 4WD Dodge Ram trucks, high powered rifles, 24 cases of Budweiser, 36 bags of pork rinds, and dropped off at selected places around the world. They will be told that they are to hunt muslim terrorists, that there is no bag limit, and that they taste like chicken.
6. We will all work for Haliburton.
7. The phrase "under God" will not be removed from the pledge of allegiance. Instead, it will be repeated three times.
8. Immigration policy will change. To get into the country, you will have to buy a ticket, just like at Disney World. If you want to stay more than a week, you will have to buy the "E" ticket. Those remaining in the country after their tickets expire will be shot on sight.
9. The torch will be removed from the Statue of Liberty. It will be replaced by her hand in a fist with middle finger extended. The book in her left hand will be removed and replaced with a huge M-16 rifle with sniper scope.
10. The UN building will be the next ground zero. UN diplomats found outside the compound will be shot on sight.

There. Now you have it. Don't spread it around. It's a secret.:funnyface

:rotflmao:

Great one Merlin!!! Now the secret's out! But at least you didn't tell them about our plans to throw all the homeless people on a raft to Haiti to make room for all of the millionare's country clubs!!!

I did leave off a few. Here's the rest:

11. In order to get welfare, you'll have to sell your Jag, discontinue your super-premium cable service and switch to basic, cut down to three packs of cigs a day, and limit recreational drug or alcohol purchases to ten percent of your income.
12. Food stamps will count as taxable income.
13. To collect social security, you will actually have to pay into the fund.
14. Parental abuse, peer pressure, feelings of inadequacy, "Voices", breathing polluted air, defective DNA, socio-economic disadvantage, sexual harrassment, sexual deprivation, depression, listening to punk rock, heavy metal music or rap, and being black will no longer be accepted as legitimate arguments in defense of a client in a criminal trial.
15. All jurors in the OJ trial will be hunted down and have "MORON" branded on their foreheads.
16. Hollywood will be packed up and moved to Beijing.
17. Discrimination complaints will be considered only when the plaintiff was more qualified for a job than the person who got it.
18. Al Sharpton will be shot on sight.
19. Jessee Jackson will be forced to get a real job.
20. ACLU shysters will be required to wear clown suits when presenting their cases in court.
21. Abortions will be legal only if the mother can prove that Snoop Doggie Dog is the father.

Oh - and the biggie -

22. Martha Stewart will receive a full pardon if she kicks Hillary Clinton's ass. Contest to be televised on pay-per-view with proceeds going to offset the national debt.

Originally posted
For those that have in-depth knowledge of GOP policy and plan, post what the next 5 years are going to look like under a GOP run government.

I wasn't aware the GOP had either a policy or a plan, other than to compete with Democrats in the race to ensure the genocide of white Americans. Given that Bush has involved us in an unwinnable war that's killed hundreds of Americans (mostly white) and has opened the borders to non-white immigration, I'd say the GOP is right on track.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
I could say things like:

1. Lower tax rates than 4 years under lib Democrats.
2. Greater economic developement.
3. Less government growth than 4 years under lib Democrats.
4. Better internal security than 4 years under the waffle king.

But, I'll tell you the truth. I called GW and asked him your question. He wanted me to keep this under my hat, but I think I can trust you. The REAL conservative agenda is as follows:

1. Everyone must become a Southern Baptist.
2. Prayer will be mandatory at least once a day.
3. Women will be chained to the kitchen sink.
4. Homosexuals will be shot on sight.
5. The war on terror will be taken away from the military and turned over to Southern good-ole boys. They will be given 4WD Dodge Ram trucks, high powered rifles, 24 cases of Budweiser, 36 bags of pork rinds, and dropped off at selected places around the world. They will be told that they are to hunt muslim terrorists, that there is no bag limit, and that they taste like chicken.
6. We will all work for Haliburton.
7. The phrase "under God" will not be removed from the pledge of allegiance. Instead, it will be repeated three times.
8. Immigration policy will change. To get into the country, you will have to buy a ticket, just like at Disney World. If you want to stay more than a week, you will have to buy the "E" ticket. Those remaining in the country after their tickets expire will be shot on sight.
9. The torch will be removed from the Statue of Liberty. It will be replaced by her hand in a fist with middle finger extended. The book in her left hand will be removed and replaced with a huge M-16 rifle with sniper scope.
10. The UN building will be the next ground zero. UN diplomats found outside the compound will be shot on sight.

There. Now you have it. Don't spread it around. It's a secret.:funnyface

:rotflmao:

22. Martha Stewart will receive a full pardon if she kicks Hillary Clinton's ass. Contest to be televised on pay-per-view with proceeds going to offset the national debt.

My personal favorite. Mainly because I believe it would work. I'd pay at least a thousand bucks to watch that. I think we could cut the national debt in half in about 5 rounds.

I am not a member of the GOP but I have become familiar with what they actual do while in power...

Government spending will continue to increase at record rates.

The War on Terror, Drugs, and Poverty will continue to bring us more terror, drugs and poverty.

Republicans will continue to blame the increase in spending, terror, drugs and poverty on the Democrats despite having the power themselves to stop it.

Travis

Forum List

Back