A House Perfectly Divided

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I have been reading all the "I hate Obama" posts; and "Obama is losing support" threads that the extremist right wingers love so much. To read them, you'd think that everyone on the planet hates Obama.

Yet, reality, is that on October 15, 2008, 87% of the country thought we were going in the wrong direcction. Only a miniscule 8.9% thought we were headed in the right direction.

However, as of June 10, 2009, the people who think that the country is going in the right directin EXACTLY equals the percentage who think we're going in the wrong direction at 45.8% each.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

So where do you whiners get that government ISN'T listening... apparently it is... because halving the number of folk who think we're wrongminded -- in only five short months -- says that Obama is doing pretty much what he was elected to do.

I have been reading all the "I hate Obama" posts; and "Obama is losing support" threads that the extremist right wingers love so much. To read them, you'd think that everyone on the planet hates Obama.

Yet, reality, is that on October 15, 2008, 87% of the country thought we were going in the wrong direcction. Only a miniscule 8.9% thought we were headed in the right direction.

However, as of June 10, 2009, the people who think that the country is going in the right directin EXACTLY equals the percentage who think we're going in the wrong direction at 45.8% each.

So where do you whiners get that government ISN'T listening... apparently it is... because halving the number of folk who think we're wrongminded -- in only five short months -- says that Obama is doing pretty much what he was elected to do.

That's some lame shit, Jillian but I understand. The guy's is nearly impossible for even liberals to back on issues or policies. You may wanna bring up Palin shooting a reindeer again or something.

Actually, the glass can just as easily be viewed as half-empty. You'll notice that he doesn't have a perfect conversion of 87% supporting him and 8.9% opposed, which indicates that though reform was a legitimately desired prospect, his particular brand of governance ain't it for many people.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

There are other variables that go into that. I agree, though, his approval rating is now 59 percent, down from 62 a few months ago, which, when you take into account margin of error, means it has stayed the same.

I give you an A+ for effort and F for achievement. Obama had the country with him, in beyond majority status. He blew it, moreso than Bush after 9/11/01, in case anyone on the left forgot the date. Obama may well go down as an epic failure, while possessing all good will from both sides of the aisle, because of true good wishes or ethnic/racial reasons, he had all.

Doing the math:

87% back then minus (roughtly)46% today = 41%

Of that remaining 41%, it's pretty safe to say that 2/3 of those (about 27% of the total) would support Barry the Manchild if he were caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, let alone a "perfect" division.

Last edited:
A House Divided..

what does a party expect when they wage a war on class, ideology, sex, race and economics.. you get what you pay for.

Doing the math:

87% back then minus (roughtly)46% today = 41%

Of that remaining 41%, it's pretty safe to say that 2/3 of those (about 27% of the total) would support Barry the Manchild if he were caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, let alone a "perfect" division.

Amen brother... Don't forget 30% of the country is going to vote/support a Democrat no matter what... Just look at some of the people on this board hwo support all of Obama's tax cheat appointees... 30% of the country won't care a Democrat does... Nothing but the truth...

More facts... Just look at some of the interviews with Obma supporters brought off the street to vote... :cuckoo:

lmao....most of the positive things happening to the economy are because of bush, not obama....but the sheeple out there will of course give credit to obama becuase the media tells them to. further, i fail to see a direct correlation to how well the "country" is doing or heading to how well people view obama's job performance.

if an american invented a way to harness cold fusion as limitless, safe energy, jillian would praise obama despite the fact that said research was started under a different administration....

After 3 months in office, W had an approval rating of 80. O has just now got started, and I foresee his approval rating dropping rapidly after folks start getting their tax statements at the end of the year. He hasn't fulfilled a lot of his prelim promises such as bringing the troops home. In fact he has drastically increased the troops in Afghan. He wants government healthcare, and the American people do not. He has tried to bail out companies, and has failed miserably at that. Bottom line is that he is deep in your pocket and you who support him obviously don't even know it. He is heading this country down a road of financial destruction, and you who support him can't see passed tomorrow obviously.

Last edited:
lmao....most of the positive things happening to the economy are because of bush, not obama....
Wouldn't go that far.

Things have sort of calmed down and are beginning to turn around -albeit slowly- because of the very nature of economic conditions in general.

Tide comes in...Tide goes out.

you're right, i meant the claim of the spendulus stuff working...not the other myriad of factors that have nothing to do with who is president.

That's some lame shit, Jillian but I understand. The guy's is nearly impossible for even liberals to back on issues or policies. You may wanna bring up Palin shooting a reindeer again or something.

now THAT is trash. I have no problem with talking ISSUES... Sawah Bawwacuda feeling upset... or Rushbot saying that a white wing white supremacist is a "leftie"... or some wackos making up garbage about birth certificates ISN'T about Issues.... now argue with the numbers.

And STOP WHINING.

:cuckoo:

lmao....most of the positive things happening to the economy are because of bush, not obama....but the sheeple out there will of course give credit to obama becuase the media tells them to. further, i fail to see a direct correlation to how well the "country" is doing or heading to how well people view obama's job performance.

if an american invented a way to harness cold fusion as limitless, safe energy, jillian would praise obama despite the fact that said research was started under a different administration....

did you not understand what you read either?

THIS IS ABOUT PUBLIC PERCEPTION.

and I hear that there are meds for the type of self-delusion that would cause you to think Bush did anything good for the economy.

Bush was only good for the already rich... which is why such a huge percentage of our national wealth moved into fewer and fewer hands during his time in office and the middle class shrunk and millions fewer people had health coverage.

and near as I can tell ... you weren't rich then and aren't rich now and are just making up things that have no basis in reality.

And you wonder why I don't "debate" you?

RAFLMAO!

After 3 months in office, W had an approval rating of 80. O has just now got started, and I foresee his approval rating dropping rapidly after folks start getting their tax statements at the end of the year. He hasn't fulfilled a lot of his prelim promises such as bringing the troops home. In fact he has drastically increased the troops in Afghan. He wants government healthcare, and the American people do not. He has tried to bail out companies, and has failed miserably at that. Bottom line is that he is deep in your pocket and you who support him obviously don't even know it. He is heading this country down a road of financial destruction, and you who support him can't see passed tomorrow obviously.

more lies... Daddy Bush's approval ratings were probably in the 60's during his first few months. Baby Bush's approval ratings were in the low 50's before 9/11... then after that, he made a good speech at the cathedral and it went up to 90% .... that had nothing to do with him... or his policies... but with the country banding together. And it proves that you all lie when you say the "left" wouldn't give him a chance... unlike you wankers, that happened not to be true now, was it?

http://people-press.org/report/478/bush-legacy-public-opinion

financial destruction is what BUSH did to the country.

now get out of the way... you lost the election. that means you don't get to run us into the ditch anymore.

seriously.

and you were wrong for eight years... why do you think anyone cares what you foresee?

Mostly though, I find it really interesting that not one of you understand the poll and what it means. It's kind of funny really, and explains why the looniest of the loons think the repubs should be more insular and less inclusive and more radically rightwing.

Amen brother... Don't forget 30% of the country is going to vote/support a Democrat no matter what... Just look at some of the people on this board hwo support all of Obama's tax cheat appointees... 30% of the country won't care a Democrat does... Nothing but the truth...

More facts... Just look at some of the interviews with Obma supporters brought off the street to vote... :cuckoo:

that's funny coming from the troll... how much do you get paid to spam the board?

and where does your 30% number come from... besides your fevered and ignorant imagination?

did you not understand what you read either?

THIS IS ABOUT PUBLIC PERCEPTION.

and I hear that there are meds for the type of self-delusion that would cause you to think Bush did anything good for the economy.

Bush was only good for the already rich... which is why such a huge percentage of our national wealth moved into fewer and fewer hands during his time in office and the middle class shrunk and millions fewer people had health coverage.

and near as I can tell ... you weren't rich then and aren't rich now and are just making up things that have no basis in reality.

And you wonder why I don't "debate" you?

RAFLMAO!

if that is your idea of a debate, then no, i do not wonder why you don't debate with me. that was absolute crap. not a single fact, not a single rebuttal coupled with your usual ad homs. all you want to do is insult and claim victory, you don't want to debate....

seriously, why do you even post on this board and continue as a moderator if all you are going to do is 1. not debate politics, 2. instead of debate simply continue to insult and claim victory by stating over and over, after a weak attempt to back up your claim, that "i don't debate with you and can't you see why...."

wtf jillian...i'm serious. i don't recall you debating like this before. you don't even debate anymore, its basically an ad hom and then a self congratulatory dance at the end....

personally, i do have respect for you, but everytime you post and especially with regards to me, you lose that more and more each post....

Forum List

Back