A green Product that I like!! Go figure!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQe8LJSKH8I]YouTube - New Nissan Leaf EV 2010 - Interior and Technic[/ame]

Everyone who has seen my positions on here has seen that I am not fan of cap and trade and see it has an agenda driven bill supported by narrow minded environmentalists. That being said, my position has always been an all-in solution and one that would promote every technology that would end our slavery to OPEC. Now imagine if you will a world where nuclear, wind, solar,clean coal, natural gas,, all power our electricity grid with transportation products like these? How long do you think this nation would need OPEC in that kind of world. Products like this Nissan were developed without our Federal govt. mandating it and with a Govt. that actually promotes technology rather than smother it in favor of others then we would all be much better off.

YouTube - New Nissan Leaf EV 2010 - Interior and Technic

Everyone who has seen my positions on here has seen that I am not fan of cap and trade and see it has an agenda driven bill supported by narrow minded environmentalists. That being said, my position has always been an all-in solution and one that would promote every technology that would end our slavery to OPEC. Now imagine if you will a world where nuclear, wind, solar,clean coal, natural gas,, all power our electricity grid with transportation products like these? How long do you think this nation would need OPEC in that kind of world. Products like this Nissan were developed without our Federal govt. mandating it and with a Govt. that actually promotes technology rather than smother it in favor of others then we would all be much better off.

Neat car, but to have everything powered by alternative energy, the grid would first need to be upgraded to carry it all. Who should build those? As it is, power lines encroach on private property, and at least in my state, whenever the public utilities prove that more need to be built, there's all kinds of screeching NOT ON MY LAND!!

Yup. NIMBY is alive and well in every part of the land, and among all political types.

But, for those interested in an electric car, whether pure or plug in hybrid, here is some interesting news. Possible solar panels at 40% efficiency for maybe 0.25 cents manufacturing cost.

Beaverton firm will produce cheaper quantum dots - OregonLive.com

The high cost of quantum dots, $5,000 per gram at the low end, has been a barrier for two decades. Dots are conventionally made by a chemist one batch at a time.

Voxtel invented a continuous system that automatically pumps out dots in large quantities, and even works with materials more environmentally friendly than those before. Their target is around $10 per gram with the capacity to fabricate kilograms of dots per week from a single production line. It takes about a tenth of a gram to make a square foot solar panel.

*laughs* I have an open invitation for any company that is willing to lease any part of my property to drill, place lines, cell towers, whatever, So I say PIMBY. Just kidding but seriously I think your both right on the NIMBY issue a little when it comes to upgrades, but then again, perhaps it's all in the presentation.

Yup. NIMBY is alive and well in every part of the land, and among all political types.

But, for those interested in an electric car, whether pure or plug in hybrid, here is some interesting news. Possible solar panels at 40% efficiency for maybe 0.25 cents manufacturing cost.

The high cost of quantum dots, $5,000 per gram at the low end, has been a barrier for two decades. Dots are conventionally made by a chemist one batch at a time.

Voxtel invented a continuous system that automatically pumps out dots in large quantities, and even works with materials more environmentally friendly than those before. Their target is around $10 per gram with the capacity to fabricate kilograms of dots per week from a single production line. It takes about a tenth of a gram to make a square foot solar panel.

I can get Dots cheaper than that at the frickin movie theater and even that's pricey.

Neat car, but to have everything powered by alternative energy, the grid would first need to be upgraded to carry it all. Who should build those? As it is, power lines encroach on private property, and at least in my state, whenever the public utilities prove that more need to be built, there's all kinds of screeching NOT ON MY LAND!!

Hey I live a 5 mn drive from a nuclear power plant. Its not all that bad. There is a windmill 10 min in the other direction in onset that looks cool too.

We need more!!!!. Stupid people blocked the windfarm here last year, democrats of all people blocked it :(.

I'm glad someone else noticed that steering wheel I thought it was just me, not the fact it's on the other side of the car ( europe here we come). Is it just me or is that wheel a little off the insturment cluster? In fact that leads me to ask another question, who here has driven a Prius and finds that instrument cluster on those new cars like that , located in the center a pain in the back side?

I'm glad someone else noticed that steering wheel I thought it was just me, not the fact it's on the other side of the car ( Europe here we come). Is it just me or is that wheel a little off the instrument cluster? In fact that leads me to ask another question, who here has driven a Prius and finds that instrument cluster on those new cars like that , located in the center a pain in the back side?

:lol:

I've actually repaired an exhaust for the gas motor on one and you're right...it looks weird inside.

But man the gages measure all sorts of cool data about the battery and gas mileage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlyYWQ8_Mzc&feature=PlayList&p=763DFFFBEF53D4F5&index=29]YouTube - Honda FCX Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car[/ame]

Here you go the Honda FCX which is a hydrogen fuel cell car, only problem with this care is where to get the Hydrogen , I have not noticed the local QT pump. However, nice car IMO

It boggles the mind how many options might be available IF ONLY big investors will begin to put their money into these types of projects. I saw another "invention" in some magazine recently where window panels in high rises could be replaced with see-through solar panels eliminating the need for heat/air-conditioning except as backups and electricity used only for air circulation.

*laughs* I have an open invitation for any company that is willing to lease any part of my property to drill, place lines, cell towers, whatever, So I say PIMBY. Just kidding but seriously I think your both right on the NIMBY issue a little when it comes to upgrades, but then again, perhaps it's all in the presentation.

I do think that since the technology is available (although costlier) to bury electrical lines instead of stringing them along private property, that's probably the only way expanding the power grid will ever happen.

Hey I live a 5 mn drive from a nuclear power plant. Its not all that bad. There is a windmill 10 min in the other direction in onset that looks cool too.

We need more!!!!. Stupid people blocked the windfarm here last year, democrats of all people blocked it :(.

Yes, I can believe that. NIMBY. Well, I like the mills, I would like to see more nukes, generation 3, and a lot more and cheaper solar.

I'm glad someone else noticed that steering wheel I thought it was just me, not the fact it's on the other side of the car ( europe here we come). Is it just me or is that wheel a little off the insturment cluster? In fact that leads me to ask another question, who here has driven a Prius and finds that instrument cluster on those new cars like that , located in the center a pain in the back side?

My old Spitfire had the instrument cluster in the middle. So did a lot of other British Leyland stuff. It really didn't make much difference in a car that small and narrow really.

Forum List

Back