A Green Beret get's it right about Kaepernick

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Nate Boyer ex Green Beret says about Kaepernick - he is an example of an open mind not a small closed mind.
"I'm not judging you for standing up for what you believe in," Boyer wrote. "It's your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I've never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you've gone through is as ignorant as someone who's never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it's like to go to war."
He closed by promising to keep listening, with an open mind, about the protests.

"I look forward to the day you're once again inspired to stand during our national anthem," he wrote. "I'll be standing right there next to you. Keep on trying ... De Oppresso Liber."

Nate Boyer ex Green Beret says about Kaepernick - he is an example of an open mind not a small closed mind.
"I'm not judging you for standing up for what you believe in," Boyer wrote. "It's your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I've never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you've gone through is as ignorant as someone who's never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it's like to go to war."
He closed by promising to keep listening, with an open mind, about the protests.

"I look forward to the day you're once again inspired to stand during our national anthem," he wrote. "I'll be standing right there next to you. Keep on trying ... De Oppresso Liber."
Pretty strange.
He only served 6 years. I spent almost that amount of time on a team alone. It took me 7 years just to qualify to be considered for selection. I guess he was one of those Green Beret babies that never had to go through earning SGT stripes before qualifying. I noticed one of his pictures that he was wearing a 1st Group Flash on his beret.
Course....most guys on the teams would probably pack his shit and dump it outside of the teamroom and change the locks, essentially kicking him off the team for siding with Kaepernick.

Last edited:

Pretty strange.
He only served 6 years. I spent almost that amount of time on a team alone. It took me 7 years just to qualify to be considered for selection. I guess he was one of those Green Beret babies that never had to go through earning SGT stripes before qualifying. I noticed one of his pictures that he was wearing a 3rd Group Flash on his beret.
Course....most guys on the teams would probably pack his shit and dump it outside of the teamroom and change the locks, essentially kicking him off the team for siding with Kaepernick.
Multiple deployments as a Green Beret. Google him

Pretty strange.
He only served 6 years. I spent almost that amount of time on a team alone. It took me 7 years just to qualify to be considered for selection. I guess he was one of those Green Beret babies that never had to go through earning SGT stripes before qualifying. I noticed one of his pictures that he was wearing a 3rd Group Flash on his beret.
He is one that will not trash you just because you both do not agree on an issue.
Thank you for your service.
But you reaction about another Green Beret says lot's about you.

Pretty strange.
I did. He's got a Bronze Star....and these days all you need to get one of those is be involved in a firefight.
Same goes with the CIB.

It doesn't take much for trumpanzees to denigrate our vets, does it?

The irony of these people saying that Kap is disrespecting Vets, then attack every vet that does not agree with them is sweet. Shame they are not smart enough to see it

Pretty strange.
He is one that will not trash you just because you both do not agree on an issue.
Thank you for your service.
But you reaction about another Green Beret says lot's about you.
I wonder why he only spent 6 years in the military. That's one enlistment. I did 5 in my first. I did 11 more after going to college.
I just wonder why he got out of the service if he was a Green Beret after only 6 years.
Strange

skin color has nothing to do with Kap's [ hahahahah ] courage
courage??!! hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah
racism and combat are not even close--idiotic analogy

Pretty strange.
I did. He's got a Bronze Star....and these days all you need to get one of those is be involved in a firefight.
Same goes with the CIB.
Why would you diminish the service of a fellow Green Beret. Did you receive a Bronze Star.

skin color has nothing to do with Kap's [ hahahahah ] courage
courage??!! hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah
racism and combat are not even close--idiotic analogy
Racism and combat are not similar for those of diminished mental capacity.
The very clear point is if you have not experienced combat and if you have not experienced racism you will never fully understand either. Only idiots think they understand when they have not experienced themselves.

The irony of these people saying that Kap is disrespecting Vets, then attack every vet that does not agree with them is sweet. Shame they are not smart enough to see it
Vets can be assholes too.
And any Vet that agrees with Kaepernick is highly suspect.
That's like a cop agreeing with him....it just doesn't make any sense.

I have never experienced combat, if you were making a statement about combat and I said you were wrong, I would be talking out my ass.
He is saying he never experienced racism so he will leave open any judgement that a person who experienced racism is making about racism.
If you knelt during the national anthem you would be disrespecting America.
Kaepernick says that is not his intention. He is making a statement on racism. Realize he is coming from a different place than you.

He did not agree with Kap, he just choose not to judge him. I am a 20 year Vet of the Marine Corps and I feel the same way, I do not agree with his actions but I do not feel disrespected nor will I judge him for using his freedom that you and I provided him.

Pretty strange.
Same goes with the CIB.
Why would you diminish the service of a fellow Green Beret. Did you receive a Bronze Star.
The problem we had with Bronze Stars while I was in 5th Group is they were a dime a dozen. Example: Everyone in my team should have gotten one during Desert Storm, because we were Scud hunting.....but because the personnel clerks were giving themselves Bronze Stars for crossing the berm, the Colonel cut them off and instead gave out ARCOMs. We were put in for Air Medals and they were disapproved because we had to be assigned to an airwing. Finally my team got Bronze Stars for being in a Firefight in Mogadishu. And it was BS. Nothing to brag about. We had one guy get a Silver Star for fighting and killing 5 al Qaeda fighters. A few Purple Hearts. But all you needed to do to get a Bronze Star was get shot at and return fire. When it came to awards, our Detachment Commander got all of the awards because he was an officer, while we did all of the work. So I don't put much stock in medals.

What’s really ironic is how wack-jobs always cry about folks painting with a broad brush yet when Kaepernick protests the flag and insults ALL good, proud, patriotic Americans over the actions of a few cops you Loons support it. Fucking weird

There it is, folks.

Pretty strange.
Same goes with the CIB.
The problem we had with Bronze Stars while I was in 5th Group is they were a dime a dozen. Example: Everyone in my team should have gotten one during Desert Storm, because we were Scud hunting.....but because the personnel clerks were giving themselves Bronze Stars for crossing the berm, the Colonel cut them off and instead gave out ARCOMs. We were put in for Air Medals and they were disapproved because we had to be assigned to an airwing. Finally my team got Bronze Stars for being in a Firefight in Mogadishu. And it was BS. Nothing to brag about. We had one guy get a Silver Star for fighting and killing 5 al Qaeda fighters. A few Purple Hearts. But all you needed to do to get a Bronze Star was get shot at and return fire. When it came to awards, our Detachment Commander got all of the awards because he was an officer, while we did all of the work. So I don't put much stock in medals.
Bronze stars are dime a dozen???? :71: Bronze Star Medal - Wikipedia

New Topics

Forum List

Back