a great source of information on What happened to our economy

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Truthmatters, May 19, 2011.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    https://www.aba.com/ABASA/ABASA_GLB.htm

This lists the progress in the implemetation of the Gramm Leach Biliey act.

There were purposeful holdups of the safety regulations which helped the banks game our finfiacial sytem.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Yeah information is a scary thing huh?

Its all in here folks and who caused it and why.

A little bit of thinking and alot of reading and you see how the Bush admin and the industry gamed us and postponed safe gaurd put into GLB so the banks could fuck us.

3. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    a little more relevant history>

Glass

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I found these books fairly informative:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=krugman+unravling&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Akrugman+unravling&ajr=0"]Amazon.com: krugman unravling[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Freefall-America-Markets-Sinking-Economy/dp/0393075966/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305892653&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy (9780393075960): Joseph E. Stiglitz: Books[/ame]

While we're about eh business of recommending readings

Can anyone suggest a introductary book on Von Mises?

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  5. expat_panama

expat_panama Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    Perfect for those that need to be shown what happened and need to be told what to think and who to hate. Not so good for people doing their own search for hard numbers on what happened and deciding for themselves what to do now.

6. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I am done, your link in the op, is just a hodge podge that explains nothing, the links,lead to the kind of mind numbing legalese/verbiage that makes one eyes glassy, an educational post would have contained what the bill did did not do etc. in some simpler language, BUT that wasn't your point, was it?

here ya go, nov. 4 1999-

[​IMG]

and who signed it ?

I made a promise to myself recently, like 2 days ago, I would stop wasting time reading and responding to folks here who have a history of inanity and dishonesty, so, I am going to euthanize you the only way I know how, welcome to ignore .....when you put a person with a trace of sentience behind the KB instead of a dumb mutt, send me a PM.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,101
    BUuUSH!!

8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Its the real trail folks, the broker exceptions were held up by the Cox SEC and that allowed the banks to call anyone they wanted a "broker".

These people were picked and trained by the banks themselves to sell shit sandwhiches a caviar.

Its all there.

The numberous times the SEC under the Bush admin repetedly held up the laws in GLBA which protected the buyer of securities.

Year after year they would hold some bullshit review to say that they rules had to be yet again held up so the banks could have time to comply with the new regulations.

How many years did they need?

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Ex-SEC Official Blames Agency for Blow-Up of Broker-Dealers - September 18, 2008 - The New York Sun

The SEC allowed five firms — the three that have collapsed plus Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley — to more than double the leverage they were allowed to keep on their balance sheets and remove discounts that had been applied to the assets they had been required to keep to protect them from defaults.

Making matters worse, according to Mr. Pickard, who helped write the original rule in 1975 as director of the SEC's trading and markets division, is a move by the SEC this month to further erode the restraints on surviving broker-dealers by withdrawing requirements that they maintain a certain level of rating from the ratings agencies.

You people love to ignore REAL information.

Its because you know the real information will force you to look into your souls and reguire you abandon your historically failed ideas.

This mess was orchstrated by the leadership of the republican party.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,884
    "These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," -- Representative Barney Frank

Fannie and Freddie were the epicenter of the disaster. Neither firm should exist past 2013