A good way to solve the budget crisis......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I was sitting around talking with my room mate yesterday and she came up with some really good ideas about politics, taxes and our budget crisis.

Wanna now how to solve it and slow down corporations?

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax. If it is contributed to a federal political figure (i.e. senator or representative), or the immediate family of those people, whoever is making the donation must pay a 10 percent tax to make those political contributions.

Oh yeah.......if the spouse of the political figure is involved in lobbyist activities, then contributions given to them must also have 10 percent in tax paid.

If the money is contributed towards the politicians at a state level, then the taxes on the contributions would be sent directly to the state.

Oh yeah.......because it's an IRS function, if there are questions about any shady business, the tax records can be supoenad.

And, so the common person is left alone, any contributions UNDER 5,000 would be exempt.

What do you guys think?

I was sitting around talking with my room mate yesterday and she came up with some really good ideas about politics, taxes and our budget crisis.

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax. If it is contributed to a federal political figure (i.e. senator or representative), or the immediate family of those people, whoever is making the donation must pay a 10 percent tax to make those political contributions.

Oh yeah.......if the spouse of the political figure is involved in lobbyist activities, then contributions given to them must also have 10 percent in tax paid.

If the money is contributed towards the politicians at a state level, then the taxes on the contributions would be sent directly to the state.

Oh yeah.......because it's an IRS function, if there are questions about any shady business, the tax records can be supoenad.

And, so the common person is left alone, any contributions UNDER 5,000 would be exempt.

What do you guys think?

Your asking political figures and their spouses to fork over money, I don't think that will go over well, I agree with you though.:cool:

Well......think about it......it's not really a new tax, nor is it a luxury tax.

It's something that will help the economy a LOT, as well as WON'T be put on the backs of the working class.

Oh yeah.........I also think the politicians should pay 5 percent on the money they receive in donations.

Call it the cost of doing business.

I can live with that! I think the 5k limit is a good idea. Even as low as 1k. Hell, all corporate and pac donationations can be taxed. If ppl want free speech via free donations they can make the donation in their own name.

Well......think about it......it's not really a new tax, nor is it a luxury tax.

It's something that will help the economy a LOT, as well as WON'T be put on the backs of the working class.

Oh yeah.........I also think the politicians should pay 5 percent on the money they receive in donations.

Call it the cost of doing business.

I totally agree with what your saying its just hard to get those guys to part with their luxuries.

Wanna now how to solve it and slow down corporations?......

I have a feeling a bong and a lot of weed was involved......:cuckoo:

You'd be better served outlawing lobbyist.

They commit bribary every time they pony up the dough to a pol. They don't "give" as much as they do cuz they like the pol votes, they do it so he votes a certain way.

Zander,

Ima so sorry. I repped you already today. However I will be looking for this thread to rep you again later.

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax.
Campaign donations are part of free speech.
The government cannot require someone to pay a tax in order to exercise their rights.

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax.
The government cannot require someone to pay a tax in order to exercise their rights.

They can talk all they want, nobody's stopping them.

But when it comes to handing over huge sums of money to gain political influence, that's another story all together.

Wanna now how to solve it and slow down corporations?......

I have a feeling a bong and a lot of weed was involved......:cuckoo:
So you've no intelligent response to his actual proposal?

we need to pull out of obama's war in libya. it's costly and there are no wmd's, and it's killing our babies and it hasn't even started yet.

that could save some money....

Last edited:
They can talk all they want, nobody's stopping them.

But when it comes to handing over huge sums of money to gain political influence, that's another story all together.
I'll say again:

So, no, its NOT another story all together.

Find.... More..... Things.... To..... Tax...... As...... Punishment.
While...Increasing.... Size.... And... Scope... Of... Government...

Really original.:cuckoo:

And every time it's tried, the rosy predictions of enhanced revenue fall way short, but the money based on those projections is already spent the year before, giving you BIGGER deficits!

DAMN!

IT'S CUT SPENDING and TRIM GOVERNMENT, JERKOFF!

What do you guys think?

If you have a female room mate and you are talking about taxes at night.....

Well I guess you have your reasons....I would be talking about other things.:eusa_shhh:

You want a good way to stop the budget crisis?

STOP THE DAMN SPENDING!!!!!!

Why is this concept so darn difficult for people?

Your idea is absurd and unconstitutional. You cannot tax campaign contributions. They are an expression of free speech.

And what the heck do you mean "Slow down" Corporation? You want less jobs in America???

Last edited:

Your idea is absurd and unconstitutional. You cannot tax campaign contributions. They are an expression of free speech.

And what the heck do you mean "Slow down" Corporation? You want less jobs in America???
Liberals either fail to realize that it is not possible to raise taxes enough to meaningfully cut the deficit, or they know it, but refuse to admit it.

Cutting spending means fewer people voting for Democrats.

I like the idea. Currently political contributions are tax deductible. Just getting rid of that deduction would help a ton. If you tax the contributions though the SCOTUS will say you are taxing free speech.

They'll only warm up to the idea when NO ONE will lend us the time of DAY.

I like the idea. Currently political contributions are tax deductible. Just getting rid of that deduction would help a ton. If you tax the contributions though the SCOTUS will say you are taxing free speech.
Your statement is only slightly true.

Donations are deductible if the organization you give to is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. This means that the organization has tax-exempt status, which is a special designation obtained from the IRS. Some organizations, mostly churches and religious organizations, are not required to apply for tax-exempt status but others like political campaigns and offices are.

Many political organizations are automatically disqualified from this status. Any donation to a political party, campaign, or action committee is non-deductible. Other non-deductible contributions are those to individual people, labor unions, business associations, for-profit schools, for-profit hospitals, foreign governments, and fees paid to associations or state or municipal governments.

Your statement is only slightly true.

Donations are deductible if the organization you give to is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. This means that the organization has tax-exempt status, which is a special designation obtained from the IRS. Some organizations, mostly churches and religious organizations, are not required to apply for tax-exempt status but others like political campaigns and offices are.

Many political organizations are automatically disqualified from this status. Any donation to a political party, campaign, or action committee is non-deductible. Other non-deductible contributions are those to individual people, labor unions, business associations, for-profit schools, for-profit hospitals, foreign governments, and fees paid to associations or state or municipal governments.

However their status still has to be proven...

Forum List

Back