A good way to solve the budget crisis......

Corporations.....do business entities have the right to free speech or just humans?

If a corporation has the right to free speech shouldnt the whole thing have the right to be put in jail?

You want a good way to stop the budget crisis?

STOP THE DAMN SPENDING!!!!!!

Why is this concept so darn difficult for people?

Your idea is absurd and unconstitutional. You cannot tax campaign contributions. They are an expression of free speech.

And what the heck do you mean "Slow down" Corporation? You want less jobs in America???

They'll only warm up to the idea when NO ONE will lend us the time of DAY.

No they won't. They will just start printing more.

Oh wait, they already started!

You want a good way to stop the budget crisis?

STOP THE DAMN SPENDING!!!!!!

Why is this concept so darn difficult for people?

Your idea is absurd and unconstitutional. You cannot tax campaign contributions. They are an expression of free speech.

And what the heck do you mean "Slow down" Corporation? You want less jobs in America???

They'll only warm up to the idea when NO ONE will lend us the time of DAY.

No they won't. They will just start printing more.

Oh wait, they already started!

They did indeed.

I wanna see a FULL accounting of the FED...and hopefully it will lead to their abolishment.

Yanno.......it would help to track contributions.

Besides, it's a tax on corproations......if you wanna say, you gotta pay.

[I'll say again:

Campaign donations are part of free speech.
And you'll be wrong again.

Free speech is nothing more or less than the ability to speak one's mind without interference or suppression. That's it. It has absolutely nothing to do with money.

The notion that giving money to politicians equates to free speech is nothing but contrived horseshit tossed out by some blustering Republican corporatist and picked up by partisan chauvinists who haven't the reasoning capacity to figure out that it makes absolutely no sense.

Money is property -- not speech.

Why don't we take the keys from Air Force One, Hide the poster of The Basketball brackets, hide the golf clubs and remove all the tv's in the White House.

No watching basketball games until the 2011 budget is done and he has to sit in a room with the young Republicans to get it done. No vetoes. Crunch time.

During this time, he can get reports on Japan and Lybia and focus on them as well. No bullying issues or women's history....or radios or betting.

The first candidate who steals Carville's old line for Billy Clinton, and changes it up a little, is going to get traction:

"It's the spending, stupid!"

Will resonate.

I was sitting around talking with my room mate yesterday and she came up with some really good ideas about politics, taxes and our budget crisis.

Wanna now how to solve it and slow down corporations?

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax. If it is contributed to a federal political figure (i.e. senator or representative), or the immediate family of those people, whoever is making the donation must pay a 10 percent tax to make those political contributions.

Oh yeah.......if the spouse of the political figure is involved in lobbyist activities, then contributions given to them must also have 10 percent in tax paid.

If the money is contributed towards the politicians at a state level, then the taxes on the contributions would be sent directly to the state.

Oh yeah.......because it's an IRS function, if there are questions about any shady business, the tax records can be supoenad.

And, so the common person is left alone, any contributions UNDER 5,000 would be exempt.

What do you guys think?

How original. Next.

So..........you guys think that corporations should be allowed to buy our government and not pay taxes on the money spent?

I was sitting around talking with my room mate yesterday and she came up with some really good ideas about politics, taxes and our budget crisis.
Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax.
Campaign donations are part of free speech.
....Unless, of course, it's Unions shellin'-out the cash, right??

You "conservatives" are tooooooooooooooooooooo obvious.​

Tell lobbyists that if they want to contribute money to political people, then they must pay an additional 10 percent tax. If it is contributed to a federal political figure (i.e. senator or representative), or the immediate family of those people, whoever is making the donation must pay a 10 percent tax to make those political contributions.

Oh yeah.......if the spouse of the political figure is involved in lobbyist activities, then contributions given to them must also have 10 percent in tax paid.

If the money is contributed towards the politicians at a state level, then the taxes on the contributions would be sent directly to the state.

Oh yeah.......because it's an IRS function, if there are questions about any shady business, the tax records can be supoenad.

And, so the common person is left alone, any contributions UNDER 5,000 would be exempt.

What do you guys think?

What you propose is unconstitutional. End of story.

Forum List

Back