A good quote for the morons who believe people are "born gay"

KarlMarx said:
They were quoting Elton John, so how does that make them a bunch of loonies? Bully.... the CWA is no more nutty than say the NOW, ACLU, NARAL and other groups which you and your left wing buddies claim "defend our freedoms"

Isn't it counter-productive to quote loony groups on either side? If you're going to admit that they're the conservative form of NOW, ACLU, or NARAL, then why quote from them at all? Doesn't that make you look just like a liberal then?

The ClayTaurus said:
Isn't it counter-productive to quote loony groups on either side? If you're going to admit that they're the conservative form of NOW, ACLU, or NARAL, then why quote from them at all? Doesn't that make you look just like a liberal then?
Because I don't think that the CWA is a bunch of loonies..... but I do think that the NOW, ACLU and NARAL are. They are dangerous, and duplicitous. These organizations claim to protect Americans' freedoms but their actions show otherwise.

Sure, if you want to be an atheist, if you want to abort a baby, they're all for you. But, try to say a prayer at a graduation, try to protect the life of innocent babies and you are in their sights.

The MSM is quoting these organizations and their world view enough already.... they don't need equal time here on USMB, in my opinion

dmp said:
You are a child.
So I guess abstaining from making broad-sweeping generalizations about minority groups makes me childish while those who make presumptions about things they know nothing about are righteous? You crack me up dude.

Hagbard Celine said:
So I guess abstaining from making broad-sweeping generalizations about minority groups makes me childish while those who make presumptions about things they know nothing about are righteous? You crack me up dude.

I think, in this case, it was more your method than the message...

The ClayTaurus said:
I think, in this case, it was more your method than the message...
What method? I haven't called anyone a name on this post. I called somebody out for spouting-off a generalization about a group that I know they know nothing about. If I'm out of line, then fine. I give in. I concede that all people who have been molested turn gay or lesbian if they don't seek therapy. That doesn't sound stupid to you?:rolleyes:

"your method"--that's PC garbage.

Hagbard Celine said:
What method? I haven't called anyone a name on this post. I called somebody out for spouting-off a generalization about a group that I know they know nothing about. If I'm out of line, then fine. I give in. I concede that all people who have been molested turn gay or lesbian if they don't seek therapy. That doesn't sound stupid to you?:rolleyes:

"your method"--that's PC garbage.

You're completely bastardizing what I'm trying to say to you. The tone of your post was a bit...self-righteous? That might be the wrong word... There's calling someone on something with respect, and there's not. Your tone seemed to be lacking tact, IMO. If you want to post like that, that's fine, but people will respond in kind. All I was trying to show was that he called you a child most likely because of the manner of your post as opposed to your message, but if I'm wrong D, feel free to correct.

As for PC garbage, it's just manners. Some would say it's PC garbage, others would call it courtesy. :tng:

The ClayTaurus said:
You're completely bastardizing what I'm trying to say to you. The tone of your post was a bit...self-righteous? That might be the wrong word... There's calling someone on something with respect, and there's not. Your tone seemed to be lacking tact, IMO. If you want to post like that, that's fine, but people will respond in kind. All I was trying to show was that he called you a child most likely because of the manner of your post as opposed to your message, but if I'm wrong D, feel free to correct.

As for PC garbage, it's just manners. Some would say it's PC garbage, others would call it courtesy. :tng:
Look, with no offense meant to anybody but I think it's ignorant to make generalized assumptions about people who have been molested and people who are gay, especially when you take into account the infinite complexity of human sexuality and consciousness and the infinite amount of differences that exist between just two different people.

I'd bet that most gays and lesbos have never been molested and visa versa. I'm sure after this post someone will post statistical data from the 1950s or from Michelle Malkin's blog or some other biased source to support the opposite conclusion, but to take the small number of people who are both molested and gay and form a stereotype to apply to all gays and all molestees is short-sighted and ignorant IMO.

Was that non-threatening, non judgemental and PC enough for everybody?

Hagbard Celine said:
Look, with no offense meant to anybody but I think it's ignorant to make generalized assumptions about people who have been molested and people who are gay, especially when you take into account the infinite complexity of human sexuality and consciousness and the infinite amount of differences that exist between just two different people.

I'd bet that most gays and lesbos have never been molested and visa versa. I'm sure after this post someone will post statistical data from the 1950s or from Michelle Malkin's blog or some other biased source to support the opposite conclusion, but to take the small number of people who are both molested and gay and form a stereotype to apply to all gays and all molestees is short-sighted and ignorant IMO.

Was that non-threatening, non judgemental and PC enough for everybody?

You're going to hate me, but do you have any statistics that show most gays aren't molested, be them biased sources or otherwise?

I wasn't trying to get you to be PC, buddy. You seemed confused why you were called a child, that's why I responded. Don't take offense so easy...

http://www.slate.com/id/2064708/
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

Here's a couple of sources clay. The second one is by Dr. Gregory Herek. Dr. Herek is a professor at the University of California at Davis (UCD). Herek is openly gay but is "an internationally recognized authority on sexual prejudice (also called homophobia), hate crimes, and AIDS stigma. [The website] provides factual information to promote the use of scientific knowledge for education and enlightened public policy related to sexual orientation and HIV/AIDS."

-Cp said:
"Do I think I was born this way? No," Swoopes said. "And that's probably confusing to some, because I know a lot of people believe that you are."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173498,00.html

So because it applies to one person it applies to all? And why do you assume that she even understands whether she was born gay or not?

I believe that it's partially genetic but partially based on choice. I think it's about 90% genetic though.

Forum List

Back