A e-mail I just recieved from Ken Melhman

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
What would you all here have done? Just curious.. I'll tell you what I did later on. :D

Dear Stephanie,
Our immigration system is broken. And we need your help to fix it.

In his address to the nation last night, President Bush showed the way to getting real results on this difficult issue. We need your help today to stand up in support of the President's bold plan. Sign the petition and call your Senators and Representatives to demand immediate action on comprehensive immigration reform.

Our nation faces a long-term problem that requires a long-term solution. As the President outlined, America needs real reform that includes:

Dramatic increases in manpower and technology at the border

A system of controlled, temporary, and legal entry into the United States that meets our economic needs and relieves the pressure of illegal immigration at the border. No amnesty.

Holding employers who hire illegal immigrants accountable, with beefed-up ID requirements - no excuses.
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats have played partisan politics and resisted these basic reform principles and have attempted to block border security legislation at every turn. Every day of Reid's obstruction is one more day with a broken system that isn't working.

Sign our petition to demand solutions, not politics. And call your Senators and Representatives to tell them that you support the President's plan for real border security.

America is a nation of laws. We are also a welcoming nation, one that moves forward confidently in the tradition of Ronald Reagan, who called America a "shining city on the hill" with the doors "open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." There is no contradiction between these American values. Together, we will secure the border and welcome those who wish to come here legally and build a better life.

This is a decisive moment. The time for action on immigration reform is now.

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman
Chairman, Republican National Committee

Stephanie said:
What would you all here have done? Just curious.. I'll tell you what I did later on. :D

Dear Stephanie,
Our immigration system is broken. And we need your help to fix it.

In his address to the nation last night, President Bush showed the way to getting real results on this difficult issue. We need your help today to stand up in support of the President's bold plan. Sign the petition and call your Senators and Representatives to demand immediate action on comprehensive immigration reform.

Our nation faces a long-term problem that requires a long-term solution. As the President outlined, America needs real reform that includes:

Dramatic increases in manpower and technology at the border

A system of controlled, temporary, and legal entry into the United States that meets our economic needs and relieves the pressure of illegal immigration at the border. No amnesty.

Holding employers who hire illegal immigrants accountable, with beefed-up ID requirements - no excuses.
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats have played partisan politics and resisted these basic reform principles and have attempted to block border security legislation at every turn. Every day of Reid's obstruction is one more day with a broken system that isn't working.

Sign our petition to demand solutions, not politics. And call your Senators and Representatives to tell them that you support the President's plan for real border security.

America is a nation of laws. We are also a welcoming nation, one that moves forward confidently in the tradition of Ronald Reagan, who called America a "shining city on the hill" with the doors "open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." There is no contradiction between these American values. Together, we will secure the border and welcome those who wish to come here legally and build a better life.

This is a decisive moment. The time for action on immigration reform is now.

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman
Chairman, Republican National Committee

I got the same one. I deleted it. I do not find the 'approach to worker's program' acceptable. I'm unsure of the guard, but heard a General speak last night regarding that and felt somewhat reassured on that front, at least to their being spread too thin. Would I help in 'pushing it?' No.

Dear Ken:

You and your president don't give a damn about the illegals problem. You're hoping to appease the New York Times by granting them amnesty. Go screw yourselves.

Love,

Wm. Joyce

Well if there is one thing we can gather from this, it's that the government doesn't think much of the intelligence of the general population.

We finally have an issue in this country where the population does not agree with either party in majority ..........

because.................

neither one has an answer that is completely acceptavle. This should a total indicator of how screwed up our government is because the answer is already there......................

Say it with me everyone....................

ENFORCE THE DAMN LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne said:
I'm still waiting to find out what Stephanie did! :smoke:

I replied back and told him to go take a hike.
I said I will not sign any petition, donate any monies or respond to anything else by them until I see the border enforced.
I told him to get their heads out of their behinds and just enforce the laws we have now... And they should remember, they have elections coming up and there's a lot off pissed of republicans....:mad:

Stephanie said:
I replied back and told him to go take a hike.
I said I will not sign any petition, donate any monies or respond to anything else by them until I see the boarder enforced.
I told him to get their heads out of their behinds and just enforce the laws we have now... And they should remember, they have elections coming up and there's a lot of pissed of republicans....:mad:

You go Stephanie!

Forum List

Back