A conservative "education" verses a "liberal" education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Sep 14, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,044
    He is "over educated".

Seems those with degrees have no "common sense".

Science is a "faith".

Scientists are in it "for the money".

Most inventors never went to college.

Most millionaires never went to college.

Most business owners never went to college.

Believe it or not, it's "belief" that is the root cause of the right wing holding these positions.

Science is a "faith".
    Evolution is merely a "theory" (meaning a guess, a "belief")
    Climate change is a lie (a way for scientists to make money)

What's confusing about what the right wing expects for the future is how they expect to get there. Or even where "there" is.

When you talk about "competition" to a right winger, what do you think it means to them? If you don't need an education to compete, what is the competition? What are you competing for? How are you competing? How will you know if you are 'winning" and "what is winning"?

I know the right wing wants to make sure this jobs bill never happens because they say it won't create jobs. Which it won't, if it never happens.

The right says if we remove regulations from companies and end their taxes, they will make jobs. We are at the lowest tax rate in decades. If taxes for corporations go to zero and if taxes for the wealthy go to zero and they still don't make jobs, what's next? What's plan B?

2. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,667
    This never gets old...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,652
    slave labor

4. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I pay more in taxes now than I ever have.

5. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    don't you mean "versus"....?

maybe not....you were pretty one-sided....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    If you have a PhD in Medieval English Literature and are working at Mc Donalds it is pretty safe to say you are over educated, even if you are a woman.

If they had common sense they wouldn't get a degree in Midieval English Lit.

Aren't you the guy that posted a link to a "science blog" that talked about CO@ attracting asteroids? If that is not faith I have no idea what is.

Ever talk to a student guidance counselor? Don't they encourage people to get into science for the career opportunities? Doesn't that equate to going after the money?

May or may not be true. College does not teach you how to invent, but it might help with filling out the paperwork.

Wait a second here. Didn't you argue just a bit ago about scientists not being in it for the money? Why are we talking about people that are obviously in it for the money now?

Most business owners who went to college were in it for the money.

When you say that you are actually expressing a belief yourself.

Science is faith. Faith in the ability of man to understand the universe. Faith in the ability of people to explain that understanding to others, and to build upon it so that each new generation is more informed than the previous. Faith in the giants that went before who allow us to climb on their shoulders so we can see further than they ever imagined.

It being a theory does not mean it is not true, just that it is not proven. Why do you have trouble understanding that?

It is certainly a way for Al Gore to make money. My guess is that the scientists he helps fund see it somewhat the same way if they are honest. That does not make climate change false though, it just makes them human, and honest.

I have not seen anyone that is able to accurately describe where the future is. They cannot even explain where the past is, we really do not understand enough about space-time to explain either concept.

I love pointing out the obvious, the only people that think education is about competing are those that are in it for the money. The rest of us see education as a means to pass knowledge on to our children.

What about the left wing who does not think the jobs bill will actually create jobs? Are they right, wrong, or right wing?

If that ever happens we will have to admit you are right. If I were you I would get behind it just to rub our noses in the truth. Are you smart enough to do that, or will you simply continue to insist on fixing it by raising taxes and imposing more regulations?

7. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Liberal education = use of your butthole is moral compass

8. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,667
    As he touts his liberal education he confuses verses with versus.

Oh.... the irony.

They do it every time.

9. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

Are you ranting about QW again?

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,044
    I don't bother "studying" every single word. If it's good enough for spell check, it's good enough for me.

And "verses" is a word, perhaps not the right one, but a word none the less.

I notice there wasn't a lot you could disagree with. Hmmm.