A coalition of Democrat Mayors wants to take Reparations nationwide

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
As San Francisco's current reparations push has garnered the spotlight, a nationwide coalition of Democratic mayors has been working on pushing reparations for its Black residents as a template for the federal government.

Launched in 2021, Mayors Organized for Reparations and Equity (MORE) formed with eleven mayors and has since maneuvered in hopes of showing how the federal government could implement a national program.

"Our coalition stands on the belief that cities can — and should — act as laboratories for bold ideas that can be transformative for racial and economic justice on a larger scale, and demonstrate for the country how to pursue and improve initiatives that take a reparatory approach to confronting and dismantling structural and institutional racism."

"The city's African American Reparations Advisory Committee to make amends for slavery, including paying qualifying Black residents a one-time lump sum of $5 million, the elimination of personal debt and tax burdens, and guaranteeing annual incomes of at least $97,000 for 250 years. "

Comment:
Do you think that this will happen and if it does what do you think that the effects will be on our country?
I think that this is a great campaign issue for the GOP.
Every candidate running for office should be asked if they support Reparations.
Have the idiot Democrats done the math?
5 million x 42 million African Americans would be 210 trillion dollars.
97,000 annually x 42 million African Americans for 250 years would be one quadrillion eighteen trillion five hundred billion dollars.

If you think that inflation is bad now, wait until the idiot Democrats print 210 trillion dollars

These people are so stupid & anyone that takes them serious needs a check up from the neck up.

Seriously though, I'm leaning towards identifying as a black descendent of slaves in San Fran but I'm open to offers & will keep the bidding going.
Right now, the high bid for my services is the $5 million payment, free house, $97K/yr & debt payoffs.

Highest & best offers only please & I will require an Earnest Money deposit of good faith.

As San Francisco's current reparations push has garnered the spotlight, a nationwide coalition of Democratic mayors has been working on pushing reparations for its Black residents as a template for the federal government.

Launched in 2021, Mayors Organized for Reparations and Equity (MORE) formed with eleven mayors and has since maneuvered in hopes of showing how the federal government could implement a national program.

"Our coalition stands on the belief that cities can — and should — act as laboratories for bold ideas that can be transformative for racial and economic justice on a larger scale, and demonstrate for the country how to pursue and improve initiatives that take a reparatory approach to confronting and dismantling structural and institutional racism."

"The city's African American Reparations Advisory Committee to make amends for slavery, including paying qualifying Black residents a one-time lump sum of $5 million, the elimination of personal debt and tax burdens, and guaranteeing annual incomes of at least $97,000 for 250 years. "

Comment:
Do you think that this will happen and if it does what do you think that the effects will be on our country?
I think that this is a great campaign issue for the GOP.
Every candidate running for office should be asked if they support Reparations.
Have the idiot Democrats done the math?
5 million x 42 million African Americans would be 210 trillion dollars.
97,000 annually x 42 million African Americans for 250 years would be one quadrillion eighteen trillion five hundred billion dollars.

Well Glory Be!

All the mayors of the population centers of my state are good Republicans.

I pay no Federal taxes and I love paying taxes in my state and my county. None of my money will ever end up being "reparations". I pity you folks stuck in the blue gulags.

Using who's money? I'm guessing they won't personally be paying for the reparations.
I think that they are asking for more than they really want in hopes that they will a percentage for what they are asking.
This a dumb issue.
I hope that a lot of the greedy corrupt racist asshole Democrat politicians get voted out on this.

Forum List

Back