A Child Called It

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
Very, very, very, VERY, V-E-R-Y disturbing.

Non-fiction book written by Dave Pelzer. This documents his story of extreme physical abuse inflicted by his mother. This is, to date, the worst case of documented child abuse in the state of California.

Its a very short book, and I'm halfway through, but if you like this type of book (non-fiction/true crime), I'd recommend this.

I don't know that I'd like that. Child abuse just disgusts and disturbs me, big-time.

I don't know that I'd like that. Child abuse just disgusts and disturbs me, big-time

I have to definitely agree. I used to work in an office that provided therapy to abused children, I've seen way too much of it. I think what drew me to this book in the first place was the author himself. After seeing what abuse does to kids, I'm astonished as to how this guy could have even survived, let alone completely turn his life around and use the experience/ grow from it.

I didnt choose the book on the subject matter, I'm completely disgusted by abusers (any form... mental, physical or sexual), I look at it more on the positive side, i.e., the cycle gets broken. Horray for him!!

You know, even though child abuse disturbs me (or maybe because it does), I've always wanted to write something about it. I always figured I probably shouldn't since I've never been abused, I'd look like a poser trying to write about it. I have seen it firsthand, though, and it really sickened me.

Forum List

Back