A basic Iraq question

G

Gabriella84

In an attempt to understand the majority of this board better, I have spent time recently perusing quite a few conservative web sites and blogs. The vast majority express little respect or admiration for the Iraqi people. Basically, these people think most Iraqis are militant Muslim terrorist sympathizers and need to blown off the face of the earth.

So...my question is:
If we really despise the Iraqis so much, why are we expending so much money and lives to protect them against ... themselves?

If you have an opinion that does not involve the standard hackney "liberal bashing," feel free to express it.

Gabriella84 said:
If we really despise the Iraqis so much, why are we expending so much money and lives to protect them against ... themselves?

As one of the "we" why don't you tell us why we are expending so much money and lives ..............?

Gabriella84 said:
In an attempt to understand the majority of this board better, I have spent time recently perusing quite a few conservative web sites and blogs. The vast majority express little respect or admiration for the Iraqi people. Basically, these people think most Iraqis are militant Muslim terrorist sympathizers and need to blown off the face of the earth.

So...my question is:

If you have an opinion that does not involve the standard hackney "liberal bashing," feel free to express it.

You are either lying to us or to yourself. Which 'conservative web sites'? Perhaps suggestions from William Joyce? If you visited any of the major/widely read sites, again you are either lying or deluding yourself.

At those sites you would find not only overwhelming support for the Iraqi people, but also questions of whether the DOD is on the correct road in various ways. That little Gabby is called, nuance.

You would also find many links to organizations that support the Iraqi people-mostly begun and run by some of the very soldiers you consider 'killers.' They have seen the Iraqi people, the suffering, and instead of just talking, they have tried to do something-which is a lot more than your ilk.

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

a vast majority of the poster on this site think you are _____________.

i on the other hand think the iraqi peole or great...it the american liberal bullshitter that i have little respect or admiration for.

we are spending money and lives to protect them from those that wish saddam was still in power.

sorry couldn't resist the liberal bashing...it is like being gay....you know genetic...i mean no one would choose to be like this....you should be more tollerant... :smoke:

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

Oh goody...we have permission to express our opinions!

Here are some of my opinions...I think the halls of higher education (namely colleges and universities) are bad for the youth of America. In my opinion, the government spends way too much money on welfare programs. In my opnion, not enough people in this country take personal responsibility for their actions. In my opinion, California should be cut off at the fault line and allowed to drift out to sea along with all of its inhabitants. In my opinion, children should not speak until spoken to.... I have lots more, but not enough time to express them. I didn't even use the term liberal once...oh darn, does that mean I no longer have permission to express my opinion?

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

:link:

Everyone I know supports the Iraqi people. In fact, the liberation of Iraq brought a little something extra for me, as a good friend of mine, who is half-Iraqi, is now free to talk to her dad's family, or rather they're free to talk to her. My heart leapt with joy at seeing the droves of Iraqis going out to vote. You're apparently hitting the extremist sites.

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

Conservatives DO disagree amongst themselves as to who the real enemy is here ( ya gotta admit--it sorta blows the old "lockstep" theory ). Some say the enemy is the entire religion of Islam and others say it is only the radical interpretations by extremists that are dangerous.

Many are frustrated because they do not see the Iraqis fighting harder for their own freedom and think Americans are having to do too much. It's tough to risk showing a lot of respect for a people who are still in the process or developing a democracy after decades of living in a state of tyranny and fear yet these people DO exist and are taking great risks and losing their lives to try to create a new way of life.

I don't see a lot of hatred for the Iraqi people themselves. If anything there may be a sense of guilt after abandoning the Shi'ites to be slaughtered by the thousands after the end of the first war. There are many conservatives who simply hate Muslims----perhaps you are assuming that all conservatives are like that.

It looks like the "conservative" websites, for which you provide no links, are not indicative of the admiration and respect for the people of Iraq that is apparent in the answers to your original post.

I watch while scores of young Iraqi men stand in line to become cops knowing that they are in danger just being in that line of being attacked by extremists who want their freedoms cut off at the knees. More and more often it is Iraqi Guardsmen in danger protecting their own freedom rather than the US forces. As they begin to build a new kind of government in their area I expect there will be growing pains, however respect for the Iraqi people is not in short supply among conservatives.

It is the Liberal sites that consistently say they are not "ready" for Democracy and will be unable to govern themselves effectively, the lack of respect and understanding of the Iraqi people seems to run deep among those who think that they cannot understand Democracy rather than the other way around.

I would love to see some links to some sites that you have visited, you know the "conservative" sites. My guess is they are not even close to mainstream, if there are any at all.

In other words:

:link: :link: :link:

no1tovote4 said:
...It is the Liberal sites that consistently say they are not "ready" for Democracy and will be unable to govern themselves...

Not surprising, since Libs think even people in the U.S. are as helpless as children, and the gov't has to come in and do it all for them. Oh, except for actual children. They are apparently mature enough for sex by the time they reach middle school. Just toss 'em a condom; they can deal with the rest all by their 12 year old selves. And if things go worng, well then the Libs' prized "no parental consent" laws will make getting that abortion easy as pie.

It is wonderful to see how many people are unable to understand the concept of the original post.

Gabriella84 said:
It is wonderful to see how many people are unable to understand the concept of the original post.

It is clear that you deliberately ignore the fact that the original post has been answered. Once again I will ask for the "conservative" websites that you cite in your original post. If you are willing to press an attack you must back it up, you mention "websites" that have a completely opposing view to every conservative that has answered your post.....

We are waiting for a :link: :link: :link: to these imaginary websites...

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

First off, Im a conservative, and I know that the majority of the Iraq populace are not Muslim extremists. I respect the Iraqi people for living under the Saddam tyranny for the past decades, and respect them for going about their lives with the constant threat of terrorism and an occupying army at their doorstep.

I think you are mistaken, and please try to take this the right way. The Iraqi people are not terrorists. We sought to rid them of Hussein and succeeded, now we are protecting them from factions of foreign fighters and terrorist organizations. If my previous sentence rings true, then we are not "expending so much money and lives to pretect them from themselves".

Gabby, how do you feel about the Iraqi people? Dont give me a paragraph of you reasons against the War in Iraq, just tell me whether or not you admire or respect the Iraqis.

Gabriella84 said:
Sorry Gabby. This is the point at which you put up or shut up.

Which sites? We are not misunderstanding you, you made your point very clear.

Since you have been 'on board', I'll bet I've linked over 30 'conservative', in your eyes at least, sites. Which did you visit to become convinced they 'detest' the Iraqi people?

Kathianne said:

Since you have been 'on board', I'll bet I've linked over 30 'conservative', in your eyes at least, sites. Which did you visit to become convinced they 'detest' the Iraqi people?

I think she said "we" in her original post.

What a maroon. :laugh:

"Hi I'm Gabby, I invent fake "gotchas" when I have nothing intelligent to say."

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

You start off your thread with the standard, hackneyed "conservative bashing." Typical left-wingnutism to tell others they can't do what you yourself are doing.

Kathianne said:

Thank YOU!!!!! Well said

Gabriella84 said:

So...my question is:

SURVEYYYYY SAYS..............
bsmeter.gif

Gabby, you need to actually listen carefully to those of us older and far, far, wiser. First, never assert that you have been there and done that. Someone will call bullshit. Second, asking a question that assumes a negative is a waste of everyones time. Last, giving us permission to express our opinion is like telling a hooker it's OK to charge for sex.

Forum List

Back