911 Call Revealed Amber Guyger Worried More About Her Job Than Wounded Botham Jean

Does hearing this tape influence your thoughts on Guyger's culpability in this case

• Yes - she obviously was remorseful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - she admitted she screwed up

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No - I'm even more convinced of her guilt now

• No - hearing the tape doesn't matter

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Is it standard procedure for the dispatcher in a call of this nature to not inquire at all about the condition of the person who was shot? The dispatcher didn't ask anything about whether he was still alive or deceased just as an example

Is it standard procedure for the dispatcher in a call of this nature to not inquire at all about the condition of the person who was shot? The dispatcher didn't ask anything about whether he was still alive or deceased just as an example

Very unusual for the dispatcher not inquiring about the victim.

She was more worried about her job because of the wrong apartment...so that tells me, if that guy did die...she's not only screwed...her career was over.
She did kill him and Dallas PD did indeed fire her but we probably won't discover exactly why they fired her until her trial which I read is scheduled for some time in September.

I couldn't help but wonder if the dispatcher was deliberately as silent as possible to avoid inadvertently prompting the officer to say something that might be incriminating or work against her since the call was being recorded. In other words, if they're trained to do that?

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting which occured around 10:00 p.m. if I recall correctly, the Dallas Police Chief when giving a statement the next morning indicated that they originally thought this was an officer involved shooting but that it soon became very apparent that they were dealing with "something else".

She did kill him and Dallas PD did indeed fire her but we probably won't discover exactly why they fired her until her trial which I read is scheduled for some time in September.

I am sure the Internal Affairs of the Dallas Police Department didn't want any more "blood on their hands" (puns intended). So, they probably fired her.

Forum List

Back