9/11 Tomorrow. Remember Who You Were Before That Day

While I think it is important to remember who we were before that day. I think it is equally important to remember who and what we were ON that day.

Working, and wondering why there was a long line of cars at the gas stations, and why the price almost double on the price of gas.

I was hoping for more of a response...maybe something like "We were ALL American's"

We all got hit in the heart.

While I think it is important to remember who we were before that day. I think it is equally important to remember who and what we were ON that day.

Working, and wondering why there was a long line of cars at the gas stations, and why the price almost double on the price of gas.

I was hoping for more of a response...maybe something like "We were ALL American's" We all got hit in the heart.

Most of us were. Some, unfortunately, will never see it or feel it.............

I don't believe that I have changed any. I would still go back on active duty if they would let me. I tried on 9-12-01.

But the world did change that day. Some of us received the wake up call and are taking security more seriously. Others bitch about the extra security and think it has infringed upon their rights.

Those who don't like it should be given the option of flying in a plane where none of the passengers or crew went through any security. Lots of luck with that........

Tomorrow Morning I will go around the village and lower all the American flags to half staff, at dusk tomorrow I will go raise them back to full.

God Bless America, and don't forget Patriot Day. Also remember a moment of silence at 0846. The time the first plane hit the first tower.

You think that people that don't want to give up their right and to be treated with dignity should have to fly on planes wih no security? I'll do that if you guys get anal probs,have to fly naked and are chained to your seat in every flight because after all it is for your security.

I don't believe that I have changed any. I would still go back on active duty if they would let me. I tried on 9-12-01.

But the world did change that day. Some of us received the wake up call and are taking security more seriously. Others bitch about the extra security and think it has infringed upon their rights.

Those who don't like it should be given the option of flying in a plane where none of the passengers or crew went through any security. Lots of luck with that........

Tomorrow Morning I will go around the village and lower all the American flags to half staff, at dusk tomorrow I will go raise them back to full.

God Bless America, and don't forget Patriot Day. Also remember a moment of silence at 0846. The time the first plane hit the first tower.

I don't agree that people who feel their rights have been infringed upon should be required to fly with no security. I just think that America's elderly and infants should not be treated as prime terror suspects while those who fit the profile bop right on in. Been there.

You think that people that don't want to give up their right and to be treated with dignity should have to fly on planes wih no security? I'll do that if you guys get anal probs,have to fly naked and are chained to your seat in every flight because after all it is for your security.

Nope you misconstrue what I said. I hate it when people do that. I said you should have the option of flying on a plane with others who don't want to go through security.

What right have you given up? You do not have the right to fly in a plane. You folks confuse things like rights and privileges. Fact is you seem to confuse a lot of things.

Accept that tomorrow is a national day of mourning and remembrance. And that yes the world did indeed change on 9-11-01.

I don't agree that people who feel their rights have been infringed upon should be required to fly with no security. I just think that America's elderly and infants should not be treated as prime terror suspects while those who fit the profile bop right on in. Been there.

No doubt security isn't perfect. But we aren't permitted to use things like profiling. And I never said required to go without any security, I said they should be given that option.

Me, if I should fly again, I'll be glad to go through security.

No doubt security isn't perfect. But we aren't permitted to use things like profiling. And I never said required to go without any security, I said they should be given that option.

Of course you will. You have no choice. It was difficult with 2 joint replacements. I am pretty sure they are familiar with insulin pumps, but my medicine is not insulin and the vials it comes in exceeds the allowable mls. It is just wrong to treat people who have this kind of think like a terrorist.

Of course you will. You have no choice. It was difficult with 2 joint replacements. I am pretty sure they are familiar with insulin pumps, but my medicine is not insulin and the vials it comes in exceeds the allowable mls. It is just wrong to treat people who have this kind of think like a terrorist.

You know, we really do feel for you, but what are we to do? If you were not treated with due respect then I would say there should be someone to complain to. However we cannot simply relax security because someone claims they have this or that condition. It must be verified. I'm sorry, but I support the security efforts and wished they would get even tougher. But that really isn't what this thread is about.

You know, we really do feel for you, but what are we to do? If you were not treated with due respect then I would say there should be someone to complain to. However we cannot simply relax security because someone claims they have this or that condition. It must be verified. I'm sorry, but I support the security efforts and wished they would get even tougher. But that really isn't what this thread is about.

Unless verified. Yeah right. You can have your condition engraved in gold from your doctor and you are still considered a prime terrorist suspect. Been there. Airport security, the biggest farce of the millennium is a BIG off shoot of 9-11. That more than most things changed who we are.

9/11 alone did not change me, but the subsequent decade has. I've become disillusioned with the government, disappointed in choices made that led us into two wars which turned into a nation-building quagmire, and concerned that the economic security this country enjoyed most of my life may not be there for my children, in large part because of those government choices.

But on 9/11, we wept as a nation, united as a people who grieved together... as one. I miss that national unity, and wish it didn't take tragedy to make us realize that we are all Americans, who love our country and bleed for its losses.

Last edited:
I was as well.

Immie

I was just as worried about our govt then as now.

Really? If you would have told me before 911 that airport security would be frisking the elderly and 6 year old girls and not leting baby formula on board,or that the goverment could spy on Americans with out reason or warrants, that we would be involved in 2 wars for almost 10 years and involved in other conflicts, I would have said you were crazy.

Do you not realize that USC is our resident crazy old man?

He's always got some crazy-ass response to just about anything. He's funny and doesn't really pull punches in reference to either side of the political spectrum.

Immie

Also, we didn't have "no security checks" before 9-11. As far as I can remember there have always been security checks and baggage checks. Why would anyone suggest we go to something we have never had before?

Immie

I was waiting for the call too Ollie - recall to Active Duty - but it never came.

God bless ya shipmate!

Thanks for your service guys!

:salute:

And for the record, since I have not actually been commenting to SFC's posts, but rather obviously commenting about them, I appreciate his point of view. I just think that when we caved in and let the government treat us all like terrorists, we let the terrorists win.

Immie

that's a really interesting thing to say. "remember who you were before that day".

i think that's really, really important. and i think it's something people need to explore.

true. i remember clearly. i think i changed some for the worse, some for the good since then. i feel balanced out now and have for some years.

I was as well.

Immie

Really? If you would have told me before 911 that airport security would be frisking the elderly and 6 year old girls and not leting baby formula on board,or that the goverment could spy on Americans with out reason or warrants, that we would be involved in 2 wars for almost 10 years and involved in other conflicts, I would have said you were crazy.

Huh?

My worries went deeper than that. And I have worried about our becoming a police state for a few decades.
Republicans were supposedly against that kind of stuff, but fully supported the partiot act and it was recently re-upped by at least 44 tea party members in congress.

My worries about our govt were aimed more at the root problems. From which these other issues arise.

Do you not realize that USC is our resident crazy old man?

He's always got some crazy-ass response to just about anything. He's funny and doesn't really pull punches in reference to either side of the political spectrum.

Immie

And don't you forget it either!

And those from other boards might recall that I said Iraq and Afganistan would be long quagmire types of wars.
And yes I was called crazy for it as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back