80% of Americans against the Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Avatar4321, Feb 17, 2010.

  1. Avatar4321
    Offline

    Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2004
    Messages:
    70,576
    Thanks Received:
    8,171
    Trophy Points:
    2,070
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Darkwind
    Offline

    Darkwind Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Messages:
    14,160
    Thanks Received:
    2,594
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +4,269
  3. Charles Stucker
    Offline

    Charles Stucker Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2,071
    Thanks Received:
    225
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +225
    So now bribing politicians is an element of free speech?
    Who woulda thunk it.
     
  4. CrimsonWhite
    Offline

    CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2006
    Messages:
    7,978
    Thanks Received:
    1,755
    Trophy Points:
    123
    Location:
    Guntucky
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Money isn't speech. Simple as that.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Baruch Menachem
    Offline

    Baruch Menachem '

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2008
    Messages:
    14,204
    Thanks Received:
    3,235
    Trophy Points:
    185
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    In the economic relm it is. My checkbook is the way I express my opinion that peanut butter cups are superior to broccoli, and Snow leopard is better than Vista.
     
  6. jillian
    Offline

    jillian Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2006
    Messages:
    69,560
    Thanks Received:
    13,013
    Trophy Points:
    2,220
    Location:
    The Other Side of Paradise
    Ratings:
    +22,439
  7. CrimsonWhite
    Offline

    CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2006
    Messages:
    7,978
    Thanks Received:
    1,755
    Trophy Points:
    123
    Location:
    Guntucky
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    That is complete bullshit, but it sounds good.
     
  8. Modbert
    Offline

    Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Messages:
    33,178
    Thanks Received:
    2,957
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    You figure when 80% of people come out against it, the other 20% wouldn't have the balls to actually make such a ignorant statement like "80% of Americans against Freedom of Speech."

    But that's USMB and the internet for you.
     
  9. Vast LWC
    Offline

    Vast LWC <-Mohammed

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    10,390
    Thanks Received:
    871
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    New York
    Ratings:
    +871
    LOL.

    You got to love the numbers when they're broken down too:

    EVERYONE thinks this court decision is bullshit.

    The folks on the USMB are gonna be shocked at how far outside the mainstream they are on this issue.
     
  10. Avatar4321
    Offline

    Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2004
    Messages:
    70,576
    Thanks Received:
    8,171
    Trophy Points:
    2,070
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    You cant tell people or groups of people what they can or cannot say before an election. It's against the First amendment. It doesnt matter if 99.99% of people support it. It's still against Freedom of Speech.

    Again, people still havent read the decision.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

americans against freedom