8 Ways Conservatives Abuse History ... and the Truth

Damn.. I was all prepared to learn important abuses of history by those dastardly Republicans, but all I get is 8 freaking mistatements by Sean Hannity and Bachmann???

Reminds me why I cancelled my subscription to "The Nation".. I only went there to oggle vander Heuvel in the 1st place..

Look, another "I have conservatives" thread...

Let me guess how this will turn out. Maybe I should start a "I hate liberals" thread with a link and that will make me right.

Damn.. I was all prepared to learn important abuses of history by those dastardly Republicans, but all I get is 8 freaking mistatements by Sean Hannity and Bachmann???

Reminds me why I cancelled my subscription to "The Nation".. I only went there to oggle vander Heuvel in the 1st place..

I have heard Hannity BLAME Barney Franks and Criss Dodd for the mortgage crisis meltdown--but not Barack Obama for the same. He wasn't there when these two ignored all warnings of an imminent collapse.

SO THIS IS JUST ANOTHER THREAD--THAT SOME LIBERAL DUG UP FROM ANOTHER LEFT-WING NUT CASE

Not enough for anyone to waste their time on--that's for certain.

$Leave Barack alone.jpg

Yes I have to agree that when it comes to fidelity to history, the right is far more likely to spin history into a fantasy theory that supports their goofy notions.

A really BIG part of that problem is the GOP finds enormous support among those who also whitewash the history of the old south, slavery and the CSA.

I mean if one is willing to BS about that time in history -- a period that is so well documented -- then really one is pretty much indifferent to the concept that being honest about history really matters.

Mis-statements? Those were out and out lies.

And you missed the whole David Barton thing. That guy is a loon. I've seen him on Beck multiple times. He holds that each and every founding father were very pious and that the Constitution is based on the writings of the old testament. Nothing could be further from the truth. That along with Jim Crow being "not so bad". Jim Crow made South African apartheid seem like a cakewalk.

I have heard Hannity BLAME Barney Franks and Criss Dodd for the mortgage crisis meltdown--but not Barack Obama for the same. He wasn't there when these two ignored all warnings of an imminent collapse.

SO THIS IS JUST ANOTHER THREAD--THAT SOME LIBERAL DUG UP FROM ANOTHER LEFT-WING NUT CASE

View attachment 14896

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd had nothing to do with the derivative meltdown.

View attachment 14896

They have EVERYTHING to do with the lax regulations on the Housing Industry that lead to the melt down. 3 TIMES Bush or McCain tried to get legislation through to more closely monitor the Housing "bubble". ALL 3 times Dodd and Franks shut them down.

Frank went on National TV just a month or so before the collapse and argued that the Housing Market was fine, the only danger to it was more regulation.

View attachment 14896

They have EVERYTHING to do with the lax regulations on the Housing Industry that lead to the melt down. 3 TIMES Bush or McCain tried to get legislation through to more closely monitor the Housing "bubble". ALL 3 times Dodd and Franks shut them down.

Frank went on National TV just a month or so before the collapse and argued that the Housing Market was fine, the only danger to it was more regulation.

And with this..you demonstrate you have exactly zero idea of what happened.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Only in AMERICA hey Lakhota...dumb or is that bum ass conservatives,know not the minute nor the hour,they'd be dangerous if they had half a brain cell....just as well the haven't. I'm theliq and I kick ass because I can and I do.:clap2::clap2::clap2::cool:
The Nation / By Zachary Newkirk

The conservative movement is powered by selective memory and convenient historical revision.

The following article first appeared on the Web site of The Nation.

8 Ways Conservatives Abuse History ... and the Truth | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

Forum List

Back