$6K Non-Refundable Deposit and a $90K Dealer Mark-up

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Can you believe that? I tell ya. Some people....

What we have here is a letter from Mac Haik Chevrolet in Houston, Texas. In this letter we can clearly see a couple of problems. Problem number one is that they are requiring a $6,000 non-refundable deposit to place the order. If for any reason the customer cancels, they are out $6K. OK, not the best policy but we will give them a pass. Problem number two is much worse. It states ''Upon delivery of the 2023 Corvette to the customer, the $6,000 deposit will be applied as a down payment. Vehicle will be sold for $90,000 Over MSRP.''

That ladies and gentlemen is how you end up spending nearly $300K on a new Corvette.

300734599_1448102215665240_4596711130139516236_n.jpg

After the letter made its rounds on social media, the dealeership responded....

300371830_1448602412281887_8690310238187239611_n.jpg

F That.....

eeeyep.

What's worse is that isnlt the only dealership doing that.

Oh, hey, btw, off-topic, but I finally did see Maverick in all of its glory. I agree with you that it was better than the original. Remember when I said aaaaw, you;re full of sht, there's no way it could be better.

Well, I guess I was wrong.

I still like the original soundtrack better, though. No way they were topping that.

300,000 will buy quite a few cars, many of which would be way better than a Corvette.

Me? If I had 300,000 to spend, I'd buy an RV with a toy hauler and put a Harley in it. You can get the RV for around 150,000 (and that would be a really nice one), with another 50,000 for the Harley (again, a really nice one), and have 100,000 left over to tool around the country for a year or two.

90 grand over good thing they went back on it ..like most Men I dont wanna pay msrp as it is

Women and fags wouldn't understand
:p

What that means is that the car is custom order from the dealer to the factor and they are paying $6,000 to make the car, so if you back out or default, the dealer isn't on the wing for the balance.

That just shows you what it REALLY costs to make a car, the rest is all mark up profits for the dealer and Chevy and the balance goes to paying the costs of tests, rules and regulations to satisfy the government and the customer is the SUCKA.

What that means is that the car is custom order from the dealer to the factor and they are paying $6,000 to make the car, so if you back out or default, the dealer isn't on the wing for the balance.

That just shows you what it REALLY costs to make a car, the rest is all mark up profits for the dealer and Chevy and the balance goes to paying the costs of tests, rules and regulations to satisfy the government and the customer is the SUCKA.

The dealer deleted all of it's social media accounts. lol.

What we have here is a letter from Mac Haik Chevrolet in Houston, Texas. In this letter we can clearly see a couple of problems. Problem number one is that they are requiring a $6,000 non-refundable deposit to place the order. If for any reason the customer cancels, they are out $6K. OK, not the best policy but we will give them a pass. Problem number two is much worse. It states ''Upon delivery of the 2023 Corvette to the customer, the $6,000 deposit will be applied as a down payment. Vehicle will be sold for $90,000 Over MSRP.''

That ladies and gentlemen is how you end up spending nearly $300K on a new Corvette.

300734599_1448102215665240_4596711130139516236_n.jpg

After the letter made its rounds on social media, the dealeership responded....

300371830_1448602412281887_8690310238187239611_n.jpg

That is one dealership that should go broke.

What a bunch of pricks.

I tried to buy a King Ranch F150 from Mac Haik years ago and they had it marked up 10K.
Went down the street and got one for MSRP.
They called me back the next day and said it was a mistake and they'd sell it to me for MSRP.
It felt so good to tell them to late already bought one from your competitor.

I know the feeling, as I've been able to do something along those lines myself. Spent time with a dealer who was obviously trying to soak me for as much money as he could for a used car. Went back after I'd found a much better car that had everything working and was just as good at gas mileage but with more room that was about half of what he was asking for. He asked where I got the car, as well as asked about the price. When I told him, his face fell and he knew that I knew he was trying to screw me. One of the more satisfying days of my life.

I know the feeling, as I've been able to do something along those lines myself. Spent time with a dealer who was obviously trying to soak me for as much money as he could for a used car. Went back after I'd found a much better car that had everything working and was just as good at gas mileage but with more room that was about half of what he was asking for. He asked where I got the car, as well as asked about the price. When I told him, his face fell and he knew that I knew he was trying to screw me. One of the more satisfying days of my life.

Another one of my best times at the stealership.
Had a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and it was only two years old and I wanted to trade it in on the new FJ.
The salesman told me I paid way to much for the truck.....you should have seen his face when I told him I'd bought it from them.
Of course he couldnt change the subject fast enough.

Another one of my best times at the stealership.
Had a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and it was only two years old and I wanted to trade it in on the new FJ.
The salesman told me I paid way to much for the truck.....you should have seen his face when I told him I'd bought it from them.
Of course he couldnt change the subject fast enough.

That is freakin' hilarious!

The Corvette MSRP is just north of $60K.

I don't see where this gets anywhere close to $300K...

Some years back I was looking to buy a nice, reliable used car as a daily driver. I had $15K cash, and wasn't going to spend a penny more.

I found a really nice Nissan Altima which, when all of the taxes and fees were added in, came to $16,266, which was above my budget. I told the sales guy that we'd have to keep looking. He looked surprised and then said "Let me go talk to my manager."

The guy comes back and says "Okay, we were able to get the price down. We were able to get the cost down to $15,484, total, off the lot."

"Wow!", I replied, that's certainly better, but I guess we're still looking!"

The sales guy looked stunned and said "Really? Wait, hold on. Let me talk to my manager again."

So the sales guy walks out and about three minutes later comes walking back into his office with his manager, who introduces himself to me. "So, Jim here says you're pretty firm on your $15,000 budget. I have to be honest, though, I can't believe you're going to walk this deal over $484."

I replied "I'm not walking this deal over $484. You are."

I drove the car off the lot for $14,988 and still had money for lunch...

Forum List

Back