6 Reasons Your Right-Wing Friend Isn’t Coming To Your Side On Gun Control

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
It all boils down to the typical progressive tactic of lying, stretching, demonizing, and considering the definition of "compromise" as "do what we want, and get nothing in return"

6 Reasons Your Right-Wing Friend Isn’t Budging On Gun Control

As an example, item 3:

3. The Loudest Voices Are Often the Most Ignorant
Whether it is an explosive news story or a late-night show host, journalists and celebrities are pretty ignorant about guns. I can see why the Left constantly feels right-wingers are deflecting the gun debate because we get pedantic at details, constantly correcting things like the inappropriate labeling of “assault rifles.” While this is an extremely emotional issue after a tragedy, it’s also a policy debate.

Good policies should be extraordinarily specific, explicit, and, you know, accurate in describing what it’s actually legislating. It’s hard for Second Amendment advocates to believe that the loudest voices are approaching this policy issue with seriousness when they constantly get even the most basic details wrong. I don’t want legislation that’s been emotionally manipulated into existence, I want legislation that is shown to actually do what it is intended to do.

It all boils down to the typical progressive tactic of lying, stretching, demonizing, and considering the definition of "compromise" as "do what we want, and get nothing in return"

As an example, item 3:

Whether it is an explosive news story or a late-night show host, journalists and celebrities are pretty ignorant about guns. I can see why the Left constantly feels right-wingers are deflecting the gun debate because we get pedantic at details, constantly correcting things like the inappropriate labeling of “assault rifles.” While this is an extremely emotional issue after a tragedy, it’s also a policy debate.

Good policies should be extraordinarily specific, explicit, and, you know, accurate in describing what it’s actually legislating. It’s hard for Second Amendment advocates to believe that the loudest voices are approaching this policy issue with seriousness when they constantly get even the most basic details wrong. I don’t want legislation that’s been emotionally manipulated into existence, I want legislation that is shown to actually do what it is intended to do.
Crap. A heaping pile of NRA pooped out crap.

The NRA is the loudest voice in Congress. The sound of all that money being poured into Republicans to make sure gun laws only change for the worse.

You fucking dickheads have blood on your hands. I hope it is offensive to you because it certainly is offensive to me that you assholes can't see the problem in handing these shooters such a lethal killing machine is part of the problem.

And you know wehy you ignore the other countries? Because they prove how sick & demented & horrible people you people really are.

"Oh its so much fun to shoot these" makes it OK that so many children are dead.

Maybe wed should forward that e-mail about how to grow your penis & maybe you gun toting morons won't need to feel the need to compensate anymore.

As an example, item 3:

Crap. A heaping pile of NRA pooped out crap.

The NRA is the loudest voice in Congress. The sound of all that money being poured into Republicans to make sure gun laws only change for the worse.

You fucking dickheads have blood on your hands. I hope it is offensive to you because it certainly is offensive to me that you assholes can't see the problem in handing these shooters such a lethal killing machine is part of the problem.

And you know wehy you ignore the other countries? Because they prove how sick & demented & horrible people you people really are.

"Oh its so much fun to shoot these" makes it OK that so many children are dead.

Maybe wed should forward that e-mail about how to grow your penis & maybe you gun toting morons won't need to feel the need to compensate anymore.

The article was actually in the Federalist.

And you just proved the point of the article.

You just included so many typical gun control freak cliches that you are now dumber than JoeBlow when it comes to this topic.

You are a whiny pathetic loser.

That parents are allowing their children to forgo education for the left's political gain should be child abuse. To deny your child a chance to prosper in life so educators can shove them in front of cameras and make demands concerning our national rights is sad to watch.
The children, the children mind you, have decided to boycott school until we are forced to give up our weapons. I watched one kid reading from a script his teachers gave him and were standing on both sides of him making sure he's doing it right.
The hell with science, math, advanced technology and things that the children in China are learning. Our kids get A's for poster making and gender identifying. Parents, this is going to come back and bite you in the ass. They consider you part of the problem now...

Gun control my ass. There are so many rules on the books right now pertaining to buying a gun its plain ridiculous.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. The gun is the tool, the person using it is the weapon.

The only way to stop killing like the school killing is to shoot anyone using a gun outside the law in the head. Kill em all and then you MIGHT have an answer.

The article was actually in the Federalist.

And you just proved the point of the article.

You just included so many typical gun control freak cliches that you are now dumber than JoeBlow when it comes to this topic.

You are a whiny pathetic loser.

Wow, I'm glad to see I occupy space in your head.

Here's the thing. We aren't going to win over the gun nuts, and we shouldn't even try.

That 3% of the population that compensates for tiny penises by owning 50% of the guns in the country, we aren't going to win them over.

We work on the 79% who don't own guns, and the 18% who own a gun or two, but don't want their kid going to school with an Emo loser with a machine gun.

Gun control my ass. There are so many rules on the books right now pertaining to buying a gun its plain ridiculous.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. The gun is the tool, the person using it is the weapon.

The only way to stop killing like the school killing is to shoot anyone using a gun outside the law in the head. Kill em all and then you MIGHT have an answer.

33,000 gun deaths a year.
70,000 gun injuries.

If shooting people were the answer, we'd be there by now.

the-onion-no-way-to-prevent-this.jpg

`
The problem here is that (thankfully) not all "right wingers" are republican/evangelical lemmings who mindlessly follow others. To that extent, my right wing friends agree with me in that some pragmatic, common sense laws as far as gun purchasing and ownership, is prudent.
`

`
The problem here is that (thankfully) not all "right wingers" are republican/evangelical lemmings who mindlessly follow others. To that extent, my right wing friends agree with me in that some pragmatic, common sense laws as far as gun purchasing and ownership, is prudent.
`
we have 20,000 gun laws.

how is more going to help?
how will we punish everyone that forgets one?

we have 20,000 gun laws.

How about effective ones?

Here's a pretty simple law.

If you sell a gun to a crazy person, you are liable criminally and civilly when he shoots up a school or a theater or a nightclub.

Doesn't matter if he came back on the half-ass background check you did. If you sold him a gun, and he commit havok with it, you're on the hook.

Betcha the gun industry will be a lot more careful about who they sell guns to then.

`
`
The 2nd amendment overrides any so-called "common sense" laws.

we have 20,000 gun laws.

How about effective ones?

Here's a pretty simple law.

If you sell a gun to a crazy person, you are liable criminally and civilly when he shoots up a school or a theater or a nightclub.

Doesn't matter if he came back on the half-ass background check you did. If you sold him a gun, and he commit havok with it, you're on the hook.

Betcha the gun industry will be a lot more careful about who they sell guns to then.
we have laws, in place, to prevent such a sale happening.

how are you, honestly, going to fuck over people for the governments fuck up?

we have laws, in place, to prevent such a sale happening.

how are you, honestly, going to fuck over people for the governments fuck up?

Sure am.

You see, if you call the IRS, and they give you advice, and your tax form is still wrong, you are still on the hook to get it right. Not their fault, it's yours.

Same thing here. The gun sellers know who their customers are. They know that when some guy comes into his store with orange hair doing a bad Heath Ledger as the Joker imitation and wants an AR-15, he's probably up to no good with it.

The thing is, the gun lobby WANTS the bad guys to get guns. They want the bad guys to get guns so people like you get scared, and want them, too. They want the bad guys to get guns so that government agencies will buy more guns (40% of gun sales are to government agencies.)

Now, you hit them with a couple of eight-figure settlements with families of people who say, sensibly,

"How could you sell THIS guy a gun?"

And I promise you, they will make sure they aren't selling a gun to THAT guy.

The rules are unenforceable the way the gun/criminal/terrorist lobby designed them to be. Lunatic Rep. Scalise was shot and he was cool with it. Once he`s bought he stays bought so he does have integrity.

Forum List

Back