58 IMMIGRATION courts, total 350 JUDGES in the US/no show court dates are 25% not 97%

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
Did I hear today the Trump say, "they want to hire thousands and thousands"? So "THEY"--whoever they are-- have a grand plan to go from 350 judges to thousands? Does that sound logical?

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF IMMIGRATION JUDGE
The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge (OCIJ) is led by the chief immigration judge, who establishes operating policies and oversees policy implementation for the immigration courts. OCIJ provides overall program direction and establishes priorities for approximately 350 immigration judges located in approximately 60 immigration courts throughout the Nation.

Office of the Chief Immigration Judge | EOIR | Department of Justice

Did I hear today Trump say that less than 3% of people show up who are given their court date to come to an immigration judge? I've seen and read 2 numbers 27% AND 25% DON'T show. That would mean 73 - 75% COMPLY. The numbers CNN cited and the most recent was 2016.

This link below details stats explains why 'most' don't show. Money. (They can't afford a lawyer. Or they can't find a lawyer). I'll surmise that there aren't immigration lawyers on every street or town corner in the southern tier of the country where many "illegals" land. (It is a pdf and I can't c&p excerpts from it).

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/sites/default/files/Immigration_Court_Appearances_Feb_2018.pdf

Save your keystrokes, I'm quite sure some percentage have committed a crime and have no intention of seeing a judge.

Lie with the fucking facts, PLEASE!

Last edited:
Did I hear today the Trump say, "they want to hire thousands and thousands"? So "THEY"--whoever they are-- have a grand plan to go from 350 judges to thousands? Does that sound logical?

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF IMMIGRATION JUDGE
The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge (OCIJ) is led by the chief immigration judge, who establishes operating policies and oversees policy implementation for the immigration courts. OCIJ provides overall program direction and establishes priorities for approximately 350 immigration judges located in approximately 60 immigration courts throughout the Nation.

Office of the Chief Immigration Judge | EOIR | Department of Justice

Did I hear today Trump say that less than 3% of people show up who are given their court date to come to an immigration judge? I've seen and read 2 numbers 27% AND 25% DON'T show. That would mean 73 - 75% COMPLY. The numbers CNN cited and the most recent was 2016.

This link below details stats explains why 'most' don't show. Money. (They can't afford a lawyer. Or they can't find a lawyer). I'll surmise that there aren't immigration lawyers on every street or town corner in the southern tier of the country where many "illegals" land. (It is a pdf and I can't c&p excerpts from it).

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/sites/default/files/Immigration_Court_Appearances_Feb_2018.pdf

Save your keystrokes, I'm quite sure some percentage have committed a crime and have no intention of seeing a judge.

Lie with the fucking facts, PLEASE!
Why do the Democrats want to import millions of uneducated poor people?

Poor memories.

th

Forum List

Back