53% of Americans think they are top 1%

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
The truth about taxes (Ablogistan)

Although only 1% of Americans will see an actual tax increase under Obama's plan, 53% believe he will increase their taxes. I was a little curious why Republicans hammered Obama so hard on taxes during the convention when his policy actually benefits most Americans more than McCain's. I guess they just thought they wouldn't get called on it.

The truth about taxes (Ablogistan)

Although only 1% of Americans will see an actual tax increase under Obama's plan, 53% believe he will increase their taxes. I was a little curious why Republicans hammered Obama so hard on taxes during the convention when his policy actually benefits most Americans more than McCain's. I guess they just thought they wouldn't get called on it.

That's a pretty misleading thread title. That article doesn't say that 53% of the people think they are in the top 1%, it says 53% Obama will raise there taxes. Do you guys really have that big a problem with cause and effect?

LOL, after I read the title I thought, What! But it is amazing how republicans win on taxes, rather odd when Reagan had the largest peace time tax increase ever and still could not reduce the damage he did with his initial reductions.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.

That's a pretty misleading thread title. That article doesn't say that 53% of the people think they are in the top 1%, it says 53% Obama will raise there taxes. Do you guys really have that big a problem with cause and effect?

well when Obama's tax plan only raises taxes on the top 1% and when 53% of people STILL believe he will raise their taxes, that tells us that either those 53% of people are completely ignorant to the TRUTH or they consider themselves to be part of the top 1%....

the title made sense to me...

well when Obama's tax plan only raises taxes on the top 1% and when 53% of people STILL believe he will raise their taxes, that tells us that either those 53% of people are completely ignorant to the TRUTH or they consider themselves to be part of the top 1%....

Will you marry me? :clap2:

Perhaps you should employ a little intellectual honesty then. Given the current state of the economy is it all that realistic to think people really believe the later? If there were a picture of the defintion of rhetoric in the dictionary, this thread title is what you would see.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back