500 scientists say there is no climate emergency

outback in Temecula, I lived 22 miles east in the foothills

Fallbrook, I know well from being stationed on camp pendelton
That country appears desert until you get into Fallbrook. Anyway, I have an idea of what the area is like. My youngest brother trained at Pendelton.

I truly am sorry you believe what the politicians tell you.
I did not say that. I accept that our duly elected representatives constitute a valid and lawful government and I agree to obey the laws they create. There are lots of politicians with whom I disagree and whom I do not always believe (Donald Trump, for starters).
Especially when hundreds of scientists tell you not to panic over warming.
I am not panicking and I am not advocating panic.
And let's keep this in mind. Humans have no system to manage climate.
What humans do have is a very thorough understanding of the climate problem we are facing and, in the broad strokes, what we need to do to deal with it.

That country appears desert until you get into Fallbrook. Anyway, I have an idea of what the area is like. My youngest brother trained at Pendelton.
Appears is true, with micro climates within, teaming with animals. And now sadly, pot farms guarded with pit bulls, assault rifles, and even Mexican gangs from Tiajuana

Appears is true, with micro climates within, teaming with animals. And now sadly, pot farms guarded with pit bulls, assault rifles, and even Mexican gangs from Tiajuana
Most Americans think America might have several climates. But the honest truth is it has hundreds of climates. And the loony Democrats think Man can be put in charge of climate to modify it. I recall groves of trees with Avocados on them in the Fallbrook area. Was very green in fact there. Holy cow, your report is very alarming.

I did not say that. I accept that our duly elected representatives constitute a valid and lawful government and I agree to obey the laws they create. There are lots of politicians with whom I disagree and whom I do not always believe (Donald Trump, for starters).

I am not panicking and I am not advocating panic.

What humans do have is a very thorough understanding of the climate problem we are facing and, in the broad strokes, what we need to do to deal with it.
Break America down into the myriad of Climates. Explain how man can control that many climates. Then you need to persuade the other hundreds of nations they must also comply with Democrats. Democrats are the only people arrogant enough to think they can manage Climate on a global scale.

Democrats have banged their heads against the wall over Climate now for over 25 years and not one lick of progress have they made. They are fooling with nature aand are amateurs.

The video above is from Friends of Science, a Canada-based “non-profit organization run by dedicated volunteers comprised mainly of active and retired earth and atmospheric scientists, engineers, and other professionals.” On the same day last week that Greta Thunberg made an impassioned speech to the United Nations about her fears of a climate emergency, a group of 500 prominent scientists and professionals, led by the CLINTEL co-founder Guus Berkhout, sent this registered letter to the United Nations Secretary-General stating that there is no climate emergency and climate policies should be designed to benefit the lives of people. Here’s the press release, here’ the list of 500 signees, and here’s the opening of the letter:

Here are the specific points about climate change highlighted in the letter:

MP: What about that “consensus” and “settled science” about climate change we always hear about? How can there be a consensus when there’s a global network of more than 500 knowledgeable and experienced scientists and professionals in climate and related fields who challenge the “settled science”?

Actually, challenging the consensus among the scientific community is nothing new, but those the voices of those challenging the consensus are always drowned out by the tsunami of climate hysteria from the climate alarmists. For example, in 2012 a group of more than 125 scientists sent an open letter to the United Nations warning that scientific evidence refuted UN Secretary-General’s Ban Ki-Moon repeated assertions on weather and climate. Those warnings of climate hysteria unsupported by the scientific evidence were ignored in 2012, just like the letter from the 500 prominent scientists and professionals will be ignored in 2019. In other words, it’s “deja vu all over again.”

The United Nations is a political organization ... not scientific ... note their IPCC report is devoid of any opposing views ... a cardinal sin in the scientific method ... and scientific media ...

Scientists who disagree with the IPCC are summarily dismissed ... i.e. Chris Landsea of the NHC, he dared to suggest "it's too early to tell" ... a massive political misstep ... no matter how scientifically sound the idea is ...

That's politics for ya ...

The United Nations is a political organization ... not scientific ... note their IPCC report is devoid of any opposing views ... a cardinal sin in the scientific method ... and scientific media ...

Scientists who disagree with the IPCC are summarily dismissed ... i.e. Chris Landsea of the NHC, he dared to suggest "it's too early to tell" ... a massive political misstep ... no matter how scientifically sound the idea is ...

Democrats never will bring this up, so I will help them.

They have been beating their heads over climate, against a stone wall for over 25 years now and have not made a quarter inch of progress. Nobody believes them.

Ask them what climate is that they want. They have no idea at all. Would they want Alaska to cool off? If so, why?

Are they nuts in Canada too?

Of course, if the OP actually cared what scientists say, he would just side with the overwhelming consensus.

Instead we get another example of right wing fraud on parade.

The United Nations is a political organization ... not scientific ...
The IPCC, however, is an organization with a purely scientific charter manned with top notch scientists from around the planet whose purpose is the assessment of climate science wrt manmade global warming.
note their IPCC report is devoid of any opposing views ...
Each report is an assessment of several years worth of published science that contains all manner of opposing views. The assessment is put together by hundreds of experts from around the world who certainly have differing views on many topics. The IPCC is famous for its "calibrated language" using consistent terminology throughout to assign probabilities of certitude to values provided.
a cardinal sin in the scientific method ... and scientific media ...
I'll tell you what's a cardinal sin in science: claiming facts for which you have no support.
Scientists who disagree with the IPCC are summarily dismissed ... i.e. Chris Landsea of the NHC, he dared to suggest "it's too early to tell"
That is another of your lies. Chris Landsea was NOT dismissed. He quit.
... a massive political misstep ... no matter how scientifically sound the idea is ...

God are you stupid.

The consensus is only the opinion of what a few people think other people think

The consensus is a proven hoax
A stupid and embarrassing lie..

These 500 scientists are welcome to put their money where their mouth is and publish science that contradicts the consensus.. Why don't they?

Now go on, make up Something paranoid and stupid, since you don't actually have any facts or arguments.

Of course, if the OP actually cared what scientists say, he would just side with the overwhelming consensus.

Instead we get another example of right wing fraud on parade.
Hell man. I have posted so many climate scientists rebuttal of your creeps, we have knocked you all out.

These 500 scientists are welcome to put their money where their mouth is and publish science that contradicts the consensus.. Why don't they?

Now go on, make up Something paranoid and stupid, since you don't actually have any facts or arguments.
They have. But you are blind to their science research. Pull your head out of the nether regions of the IPCC and you will learn a lot.

You guys have been wailing and gnashing your teeth now for over 25 years and so far have not proved an inch of facts.

Tell you several things now...
A. Where have you managed climate?
B. When was this?
C. Who did it?
D. What ideal temperature did you achieve or what climate have you changed?

If you think there is a consensus explain how we know. I won't even ask you for a link. Just explain how you know there is a consensus.

You could link if you want but I would advice against that.

Every time they did, it or they were censored. That's the way they roll in Marxism.
Unfortunately, following the science entails rigorous debate from both sides. Unfortunately, that isn't allowed.

The Climate-Change Censorship Campaign​

The left is demanding that social media shut down debate even on solutions.

Opinion | The Climate-Change Censorship Campaign

How the U.S. Government Is Aggressively Censoring Climate Science​

By keeping the public in the dark, federal agencies create an environment where inaction is justified.

How the U.S. Government Is Aggressively Censoring Climate Science

Forum List

Back