50 Years Ago One of Mankind’s Greatest Achievements

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
We were on our way to another world for the first time. And on Christmas Eve they sent us a message as for the first time ever humanity saw the Earth as a tiny blue and white ball in the vastness of space.

William Anders:

"For all the people on Earth the crew of Apollo 8 has a message we would like to send you".

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

Jim Lovell:

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Frank Borman:

"And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."

Borman then added, "And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas, and God bless all of you - all of you on the good Earth."

Astronauts quoting the Bible today might be blasted out of existence.

Ah, but Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D) can freak out and attack the DHS secretary about Republicans wanting to build a wall to kill Baby Jesus. Funniest and saddest thing I've seen and heard all year.
Pelosi has also used Jesus several times to push political agendas.

Ah, but Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D) can freak out and attack the DHS secretary about Republicans wanting to build a wall to kill Baby Jesus. Funniest and saddest thing I've seen and heard all year.

She needs to explain to her Pope how come she supports killing a million American children each year on demand, for the sake of convenience.

More importantly, one of the days, probably soon given her age, she is going to have to explain that to St Peter and he will probably be pissed at her.

I remember seeing the earth from space for the first time

It was spectacular

Oh ... it's a thread about space ... I was going to ask you how you knew it was my birthday, but never mind.

Yep, we're slowly expanding out to the solar system. Hope we can maintain the infrastructure long enough to get some bennies out of it.

Jr. used Jesus and Bible verses to try to justify his war.

Republicans have been using Bible verses to try to justify their b.s. also. Remember just a little while ago when Sessions told us his "favorite" Bible verse in Romans 13 where it says to obey the government?

Personally? I think that Republicans try to use God as justification for their policies more than Dems do.

Had the RW faux conservative set of the 21st Century been around when the JFK made his speech on the moon, there would never be a moon landing by the United States.

Had the RW faux conservative set of the 21st Century been around when the JFK made his speech on the moon, there would never be a moon landing by the United States.
It is amazing we were able to fund a trip to the moon and the Vietnam War at the same time

Forum List

Back