50 Happiest Occupations In the World

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
If you start working a full-time job at the age of 21 and wrap up your career at 65, you’ll have spent an average of 91,520 hours on the job! That’s a lot of hours toiling away at any career, even if it’s the dream gig you imagined you’d have when you were a kid. Wide-eyed youngsters can have their eyes on serious cash when exploring the job market, but those who’ve been in the work force over a decade know that you need more than a big paycheck at the end of the day. Here’s a look at the happiest occupations in the world, most of which prove, you get what you give when it comes being satisfied with your job.

Read more at link

50 Happiest Occupations In the World [Ecumenical]

I like my current job.

And given that I must have done nearly thirty very different types of work to keep a roof over my head, and food on my table before I invented this vocation for myself, that's saying something.

1 dishwasher
2 stockboy - shoe salesman
3 house painter
4 gardener
5 Toll Taker (for Delaware River Joint toll Brige commision)
6 Shovel mechanic (for PENNDOT)
7 Machine engraver (that has to be the occupation I was most unsuited for I ever tried)
8 Short order cook
9 Waiter
10 basic Navy corpsman, (11 nueropsych tech,12 Ortho tech 13 Indpendent field medic)
14 Bartender
15 Terrier (the well driller, not the canine)
16 Personal Care attendent -> 17 HC coordinator for BCIL
18 Maintainance man
19 Real estate - manager -> 20 lic. agent -> 21 lic. appriaser
22 Steelejack's apprentice (Now there's a job I don't miss)
23 High school History and Literature teacher (the hardest job of all in my 45+ years of working for a living)
24 Carpet cleaner -> 25 owner of carpet clearning company
26 Manager of a woman's clothing store (has to be the best job for a satyr other than pimp)
27 Fine arts dealer
28 Educational Computer consultant
29 Publisher CEO ( NFP entrepreneur)

I probably forrgot a few different kinds of things I've done for pay, but ya'll get the picture, I think.

Last edited:
quite the resume Editec (btw, i'd vote tarbender a good one for you)

not to put the kebosh to an ubeat thread but, there's an awful lotta heartache in being and emt or FF

and construction these days is full of the more disingenous a-holes trying to gain a leg up on each other than i've seen in 25 years

Last edited:

not to put the kebosh to an ubeat thread but, there's an awful lotta heartache in being and emt or FF

and construction these days is full of the more disingenous a-holes trying to gain a leg up on each other than i've seen in 25 years

There are pros and cons to every career but some are sure better than others.

Why does everyone presume you need to stop working at age 65?

Everyone has a different occupation they love.

Lifeguard
Laboratory Assistant
Arcade "Engineer"
Schlotzkys Sandwich Baristo
Front Dest Clerk
Bell Hop
Army Officer
Physics/Math Teacher
Natural Gas Odorant Service Tech
Plastic Additive Sales Rep
Refinery Engineer (Amine Unit)
Market Manager USP Chemicals
Phenolic Chemical Marketer
Plastics Toll Manufacturing Manager
Assistant Principal
Refinery Engineer (Crude Unit)
Business Development Engineeer ("Green" chemistry in Oil/Gas Exploitation)

Stock boy - plumbing company
table clearer, dishwasher restaurant
Fry Cook
Dinner Cook
Stage Crafts - college student work program
Dancer - Oregon Shakespearian Festival
Stock-boy - drug store
US Military - Basic Training
US Military - forward observer 82C
US Military - Intelligence S2
College Student
Assembly - Equipment
Manufacturing engineer
Cad Manager
Fire Science Engineer
Senior Design Engineer

And they were all good. Some were great. S2 and the last one are the most satisfying. S2 because I was doing something important for the country. The last one because it fills peoples paychecks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that 'lawyer' is on that list causes me to doubt it. Lawyers are the most miserable profession on Earth. 98 percent of lawyers hate their jobs.

There are pros and cons to every career but some are sure better than others.

True, i'd wager even John Holmes didn't give a f*ck after a hard week........

The fact that 'lawyer' is on that list causes me to doubt it. Lawyers are the most miserable profession on Earth. 98 percent of lawyers hate their jobs.

i wouldn't say lawyers *hate* their jobs. i've never hated my job. but traditionally lawyers have a much lower job satisfacation rate than other jobs. that seems to be because there is a huge disparity between the study of law and the practice of law.

i hate to say this, i thought the article was questionable for the same reason.

Last edited:
You was a pecker checker?

For about four months I was POIC of a Battalion Aid station at CamPen.

And yes, during those days we'd have to check the peckers of a lot of rather dumb leatherheads who were too stupid to wear rubbers when they were boffing Tiajuana whores.

Veneral warts were rather common in those days.

I'd say we'd diagnose V-warts on some fool about once a week.

FWIW, running the BAS was a very interesting job since the vast majority of the task was making a medical diagnosis rather than giving medical treatment.

Last edited:
I do not agree that people will work at 65 years . In my view they can work for 75 to 80 years . Secondly, I do not think that the 50 occupation are considered the happiest . In which context you say that these are happiest . Different people have different perception . They feel happy in the work that they like to do .

Forum List

Back