5 Star Review: Hacksaw

If you have not seen Hacksaw Ridge you can rent it at Redbox and view it at home. Best war movie I've ever seen. No cussing (to best of my recollection) , not once did they take the Lord's name in vain. Hallelujah!

Based on a true story and this time it really is BASED ON A TRUE STORY. Outstanding acting by Andrew Garfield and Vince Vaughn, everyone. Great acting, great story, great movie!

I love a great hero story!

Here is a trailer for Hacksaw Ridge:

By FAR the most violent and gory film I have EVER seen. Stomach turning at many points. While I liked the story, it really was over the top.

War is over the top. It's not the same as being there but it gives you the general idea. Another battle movie that was well done was 300. More about the mindset of a warrior. Not bowing down to the enemy was the theme - breaking his own rules is what did him in - I cannot think of the guys name - he was the leader of the Spartans. Anyway, they fought in perfect unison which is where their strength was. I think 300 might have been a little more intense than Hacksaw Ridge in some respects. Maybe they were about the same. It's been so long since I've seen 300 I forget now.

Forum List

Back