48 States and Two US Territories Join Massive Anti-Trust Lawsuit Against Google

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Bust them up into a billion trillion pieces.

Less than two months after the Justice Department initiated a wide-ranging antitrust review of big tech companies, 50 U.S. states and territories, led by Texas, Monday announced their own investigation into Google's "potential monopolistic behavior."

A key issue in the states' probe is whether Google abuses its market dominance in online search, advertising, and mobile operating systems to unfairly gain leverage in other markets, stifling innovation and harming consumers. Although anti-conservative bias among Google's leadership has been documented and frequently draws the ire of top Republicans, the antitrust probes do not expressly relate to those concerns.

Texas leads charge against Google in massive antitrust probe

Looks like Google may go the way of Ma Bell...........
I don't know enough about computers to know what Google did or did not do. :dunno:

But if they treated Republicans as mean as the leftist lockstep media does, I've heard about the media's dirty trick schemes like picking up on lies and publishing them as calumnies against people who did nothing wrong to them or anyone else.

I don't know enough about computers to know what Google did or did not do. :dunno:

But if they treated Republicans as mean as the leftist lockstep media does, I've heard about the media's dirty trick schemes like picking up on lies and publishing them as calumnies against people who did nothing wrong to them or anyone else.
Regardless, we have laws against monopolies, sometimes they're enforced other times their not.

Regardless, we have laws against monopolies, sometimes they're enforced other times their not.
Once upon a time a United States pharmaceutical corporation sold an over-the-counter remedy for obesity with candy-coated contents. The only trouble with the content is that it was living segments of tape worms. The people would initially lose weight, but then as the population of tapeworms increased in their gut, they became fatter than ever and very, very, very anemic.

There is a reason not always known to the general public for a period of time when government research finds a nidus of foul play in a corporation. Those reasons can be as profound as having one's innards destroyed by tape worms from a greedy get-rich-quick pharmaceutical corporation.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and I learned that in Consumer Health Class whose text book carried a far more detailed description of patient outcomes from that little twentieth century tapeworm fiasco of about a hundred more or less years ago.

And it is not known to me the depth and scope of what Google owner/employees did to part of the American population, but I have a feeling they may have some lawsuits in the future for violating consumer's privacy and exposing those particular consumers to the foul play of miscreants.

Once upon a time a United States pharmaceutical corporation sold an over-the-counter remedy for obesity with candy-coated contents. The only trouble with the content is that it was living segments of tape worms. The people would initially lose weight, but then as the population of tapeworms increased in their gut, they became fatter than ever and very, very, very anemic.

There is a reason not always known to the general public for a period of time when government research finds a nidus of foul play in a corporation. Those reasons can be as profound as having one's innards destroyed by tape worms from a greedy get-rich-quick pharmaceutical corporation.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and I learned that in Consumer Health Class whose text book carried a far more detailed description of patient outcomes from that little twentieth century tapeworm fiasco of about a hundred more or less years ago.
The pharmaceuticals are a massive conglomerate that has pretty much almost every politician in their pocket so they can get away with continuing to make "research" excuses to gouge the public.

Just sayin'.

The pharmaceuticals are a massive conglomerate that has pretty much almost every politician in their pocket so they can get away with continuing to make "research" excuses to gouge the public.
That stuff ends when the pharmaceutical industry's product(s) does(do) more damage to people than good, and discovery of covering their butts to prevent anyone from finding out how dangerous their concoction is borders on obstruction of justice, eventually.

Just sayin'.

That stuff ends when the pharmaceutical industry's product(s) does(do) more damage to people than good, and discovery of covering their butts to prevent anyone from finding out how dangerous their concoction is borders on obstruction of justice, eventually.
If we ever have a French style revolution the first ones to go under the guillotine should be the pharmaceutical big wigs then the politicians. After we're done with them then we can turn on each other...... :eusa_whistle:

Just sayin'.

If we ever have a French style revolution the first ones to go under the guillotine should be the pharmaceutical big wigs then the politicians. After we're done with them then we can turn on each other...... :eusa_whistle:
I think I will stick to my local pastime of providing a home for several pairs of endangered birds in my little quiet lake out back, Ringel. They are egrets that return each year to nest and raise 3 or 4 little chicks into beautiful, elegant birds. One year I observed the parents giving their 3 young adult egrets flying lessons for a couple of weeks before they disappeared to wherever they migrate to, probably somewhere in the Caribbean shores of Central and South America, although truly not sure of their mailing addresses. ;)
Watching out for them a few weeks per year means the world to me.

Forum List

Back