40th anniversary of JFK assassination

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DKSuddeth, Nov 19, 2003.

1. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    what are everyones thoughts?

Do you believe oswald acted alone?

was there a conspiracy?

was there a coverup?

whos involved?

lets hear some of your thoughts on it.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I definitely believe there was a second gunman. I sort of think that the government was involved in some way. Oswald was probably a patsy, but it's hard to tell. He didn't seem to have any real reason to want to assassinate Kennedy, but then, do these people ever? Didn't he work for the Russian government? I remember seeing the movie "JFK" a long time ago and agreeing with most of what was presented, but I can't remember all the details.

3. SLClemens

SLClemens Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The mafia? Seems more plausible than the CIA or a lone nutcase.

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
  5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I've heard and read some doozy conspiracy theories in the 10 years that i've researched the JFK assassination but I remain convinced that there was, at the very least, a cover up of the events surrounding kennedy's murder. There remains quite a bit of relevant evidence to suggest that there was a conspiracy, even the findings of the select committee state as such. Its doubtful that we will ever find the truth on the matter though.

6. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Some secrets are probably better left buried.

7. LucaBrasi

LucaBrasi Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Emeril says it best "BAM!"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    this is an unfortunate outlook on what american society has devolved to....an apathetic involvement in a persons own country and government. Its a far cry from what was fought for over 200 years ago.

9. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tsk, tsk, tsk,... DK, there's more to making sausage than you probably want to be told about. The people who beleive it was just Oswald will allways beleive it was just Oswald, no matter what you show them as evidence. Its' built into their world view. Come one, a recent Congressional investigation turned over the Warren report like a pancake, how can anybody beleive it was a lone gunman after listening to that Dallas PD tape (but 1 in 4 still beleive).
    Do you doubt powerful forces inside the country can remove anybody they choose to? As for Kennedy, who? how? why? does it really matter? I think if the effort that was put into researching this were spent investigating and publicizing the same interests influencing our current government we all might benefit greatly. Who killed Kennedy is a side show compared to that. I think if you wait another 60 years, a little slip of paper in a CIA archive will fall under the "Freedom of Information" act and we'll get told.
    The "devolved" and "apathetic" cracks got a :) out of me. This kind of thing has gone on since the John Adams and the revolutionary bullyboys sparked the Boston massacre (ask the British, they'll tell you...damn terrorists hiding behind womens skirts!!!).
    Don't mistake enthusiasm for effectiveness. Or noise for impact.

10. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It hits me that things were to cut and dryed. almost like reading a book[script] we will most likely never know the true story but there are alot of interesting theories floating around. I dont believe Oswald was smart enough to do it all on his own. someone had to be a leader/handholder for him. maybe after Castro dies we will find something out.