37 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Pit Bulls

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The Obama administration just came out against specific breed legislation, which is a triumph to many dogs and their loving owners See pix @ 37 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Pit Bulls

This is what our four month old Canelo looks like-
enhanced-buzz-27595-1377112495-5.jpg

I love pitbulls, they are gorgeous animals. The majority of them won't hurt a fly, yet all we focus on is the ones which attack.

Loads of good pits out there that are owned by caring and responsible owners.

To bad there are all kinds of idiots who own them as well.

The Obama administration just came out against specific breed legislation, which is a triumph to many dogs and their loving owners See pix @ 37 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Pit Bulls

This is what our four month old Canelo looks like-
enhanced-buzz-27595-1377112495-5.jpg

Those of us who have the pleasure of owning a pit bull have never lost faith.

In many respects they’re the ideal dog: neither too large nor too small, they’re intelligent, loyal, and gentle. Their short hair and robust constitution make for easy care.

Just make sure you’ve got a thick rope to play tug with and they’re good to go.

The dog we rescued was a white GS, pit-mix. She's the one who had the panic attack as we were driving her to her new home, and took my forearm in her mouth. Didn't do anything with it. Didn't clamp down. Just sat there. I think she was trying to say "Benadryl, if you wouldn't mind."

I've been walking my dogs around my neighborhood for at least nine years now. I currently have five dogs. Occasionally we encounter loose dogs and some have approached us. But the only dog who ever ran up and bit one of my dogs was a pitbull. Picked my little dog up and shook her. $350 vet bill to sew her up.

That said, I blame the owner, not the dog. I'm not a fan of pitbulls but I'm not in favor of banning them, either.

Attachments

• $DSCN0230.jpg
    $DSCN0230.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 88
  • $DSCN0234.jpg
    $DSCN0234.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 78
But, like I said, I'm not in favor of banning dogs. Because which breed would be singled out next? Dobermans? You'd take my babies away from me over my dead body! Oh, and Greta may look tough, but she's never bitten one of the little dogs! :(

Attachments

• $DSCN0151.jpg
    $DSCN0151.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I love pitbulls, they are gorgeous animals. The majority of them won't hurt a fly, yet all we focus on is the ones which attack.

It's amazing how people are more outraged over pit-bulls than guns. Crazy world we live in.

The implication being that I'm supposed to be outraged about guns in the first place? They can't be uninvented and I'm not for only the tyrants and criminal possessing them. I'm only outraged by people like yourself who would seek to infringe upon my rights to protect myself.

Here's the thing about those videos of innocent pitbulls, or whatever, playing with kittens. Just because a dog understands that a kitten is part of the family and not to be harmed doesn't mean that same dog won't attack and disembowel a strange cat it may encounter outdoors.

And I think we all know that. There is nothing at all remarkable about a dog, any dog, being friendly with a cat within its own family.

And that proves nothing about the temperament of pitbulls. I showed the pictures of what one did to my little dog. An unprovoked attack. A bunch of bullshit, really. Next time I won't bother trying to get to my small pepper spray, which I carry in my fanny pack. It'll be easier to just draw out the bear spray which is in a holster and very easy to pull out and spray. Overkill for a dog, really, but I let my little dog down and I won't do it again. From now on, any dog that comes towards us will be getting a face full of bear spray. Especially pitbulls. And most pitbull owners I've encountered being the way they are, I'll probably have to give the owner a facefull of bear spray also because they'll be so irate that I dared spray their dog that they'll approach me in a threatening way.

That said, I don't think pitbulls should be banned. I just reserve the right to protect myself and my dogs from them.

One of my neighbors shot a pitbull that came onto his property and picked a fight with his dog. Question that comes to my mind is, what's with these pitbull owners letting their dogs run loose?

Last edited:
Loads of good pits out there that are owned by caring and responsible owners.

To bad there are all kinds of idiots who own them as well.

Yeah, I think that's the main problem, Claudette. The idiots who own them. And it seems like pitbulls often attract the wrong kind of owners.

Oh, and you know what the owner of the pitbull said to me after his dog bit up my little dog? He said, "Why do you have to walk so many dogs at once? Can't you just walk one or two?"

As if it was therefore my fault that his dog bit my small dog. Because I walk all five of my dogs at once, on leash, totally under my control. Until some jackass allows his vicious dog to run loose. I'm just lucky my Dobermans didn't decide to go after the pitbull. Then we would have had a bloody mess on our hands. But they're good dogs...they don't have an instinct to grab other dogs by the neck and shake them.

Last edited:
But, like I said, I'm not in favor of banning dogs. Because which breed would be singled out next? Dobermans? You'd take my babies away from me over my dead body! Oh, and Greta may look tough, but she's never bitten one of the little dogs! :(

what she said.....

thor's worst offense so far....making the kids run home crying from the bus stop....seems small groups of kids upsets him...he is now on lock down when the bus runs

It's amazing how people are more outraged over pit-bulls than guns. Crazy world we live in.

Yeah, I mean look at all the anti-pit bull threads on this forum, compared to anti-gun threads.

People sure love to spin the BS.

Are Pit Bulls Really Dangerous?

pit-bulls.jpg

Police in Nassau County, N.Y., are searching door-to-door for two pit bulls that went on a bloody rampage, attacking a teenage boy and three women during a 30-minute period Wednesday (Feb. 13).

"One literally went for my leg and [the] other was trying to jump on top of me, but I was hitting them, and I was punching them," Janelle Manning, 24, told CBS New York. "They both weren't letting go, once they got a hold of my leg."

Because of her leg injuries, Manning now struggles to walk up and down stairs, CBS reports. "These dogs were, like, trained to kill; trained to hurt and viciously attack people," she said.

But do pit bulls deserve their reputation as vicious "attack" dogs? An overwhelming amount of evidence suggests they do.

A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds.

In other words, a whopping two-thirds of the hospital's dog-attack injuries involved just two breeds, pit bulls and Rottweilers.

Other studies confirm these statistics: A 15-year study published in 2009 in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology revealed that pit bulls, Rottweilers and German shepherds were responsible for the majority of fatal dog attacks in the state of Kentucky. [See What Your Dog's Breed Says About You]

And a 2011 study from the Annals of Surgery revealed that "attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs."

The authors of that 2011 study go on to say, "Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduce the U.S. mortality rates related to dog bites."

Paying the price for pit bulls

As a result of the overwhelming evidence against pit bulls, home owners and landlords often must pay significantly higher insurance premiums if they have a pit bull or other recognized "bad dog" breed on their property. [Infographic: Dog Bite Incidents]

Fans of pit bulls are quick to assert that a dog's propensity for attack depends in large part on its owner and how it is raised, and there's considerable evidence that owners of pit bulls and other high-risk dogs are themselves high-risk people.

A 2006 study from the Journal of Interpersonal Violence revealed that owners of vicious dogs were significantly more likely to have criminal convictions for aggressive crimes, drugs, alcohol, domestic violence, crimes involving children and firearms.

These findings were confirmed in a 2009 report published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences. The authors of that report wrote, "Vicious dog owners reported significantly more criminal behaviors than other dog owners," and they were ranked "higher in sensation seeking and primary psychopathy."

And a 2011 study, also in the Journal of Forensic Sciences, found that "vicious dog owners reported significantly higher criminal thinking, entitlement, sentimentality and super-optimism tendencies. Vicious dog owners were arrested, engaged in physical fights, and used marijuana significantly more than other dog owners."

Are Pit Bulls Dangerous | Dog Bite Statistics | LiveScience

stats.gif

Pit Bull Dog Attacks

Brief Facts about these Dangerous and Widely Banned Animals

In one study sponsored by the US Governement Centers For Disease Control it was reported that 32% of all dog related killings of human beings in the United States are caused by Pit Bulls attacks, yet Pit Bulls constitute only 2% of all dogs. 70% of those mauling deaths were of children.

According this large federal government study conducted over a 20 year period the Centers for Disease Control concluded that Attacks by pit bulls accounted for one third of the fatal dog attacks in the United States. This study also cited the disproportionate threat these dogs pose to children. Children, according to the study, are the most vulnerable victims in dog attacks, with those under the age of 14 accounting for 42 percent of all dog bite injuries. Most of the mauled victims are between the ages of five and nine.

The ownership of pit bulls should be opposed. This breed of dog is dangerous to children, adults, police and erodes community safety and order. These dogs should be banned and the public educated about the dangers these dogs pose. We can work to end the pit bull threat only by speaking out against them and their fanatical owners. Become active in your community and work on laws to ban pit bulls to protect our children and to promote a safe community for all.

Pit Bull Attacks: Dog Bite Law Center

FFyw0p6.jpg

Loved ones mourn toddler who died in Walworth Co. pit bull attack

WALWORTH - A community is taking Thursday to mourn the loss of a a little boy in Walworth County who was mauled and killed by two pit bulls.

Family friends said a woman was babysitting Dax when her dogs lost control. They say he was a beautiful little boy with loving parents who deserved better.

Dax, 14 months old, was at his babysitter's apartment in Walworth County when something went wrong. Susan Iwicki's two pit bulls attacked.

Susan, 30, dialed 911, but in the end, there was nothing they could do. Dax died less than three hours later. It's hard for Nicole Jennison to accept...she also used to babysit the child.

Loved ones mourn toddler who died in Walworth Co. pit bull attack - TODAY'S TMJ4

I have met wonderful Pits and yes, of course, I liked these dogs I met.

However I would never ever own one.

The Breed has far too many tragic deaths to its credit ignore the odds.

Forum List

Back