37% and sinking

KarlMarx said:
The Libby indictment..... pffffffffffffffffffffffffft! Is that the best you can do? You mean you come around here to gloat about that?

I just read a good article in National Review about that. You know when Bill "I only lied about sex" Clinton was under investigation by Ken Starr, you heard nothing else but how Ken Starr was a stooge of the GOP, and how this person was trailer park trash and the invocation of executive privilege, attorney client privilege, mailman privilege and probably proctologist privilege. All because Clinton was stonewalling and obstructing an investigation into his affairs.

An investigation, by the way that resulted in Clinton's impeachment. Clinton was only the 2nd president in the history of our nation to get such an honor. And he came mighty close to being the first president to be convicted of a crime while in office, too.

Now, what have you heard coming out of the White House this time around? Nothing. This administration has cooperated with the investigation. And what did a two year investigation manage to come up with? That an aide to the vice president may have perjured himself about speaking to some reporters. That's it! And do you hear any of us on the right coming up with lines like "it was only about sex"? NO! If the guy lied under oath, he should go to jail.

Does that mean that Karl Rove is up to his eyebrows in this? No, Rove was not indicted (too bad, better luck next time!).

Now for the Iraq War, what is it with you people anyway? Are you going to start on "Bush Lied, People Died" BS? A bi-partisan investigation of pre-war intelligence showed beyond the shadow of any doubt that no intelligence was fudged. At this point the only people lying are the ones who say that Bush lied.

So on top of all of this, we should do... what? Elect a bunch of nitwits that have done absolutely nothing for the past several years but bitch, moan and hyperventilate about George W Bush. Bush stole the election, Bush didn't do enough to prevent 9/11, Bush lied about yellowcake, Bush lied about WMDs, Bush didn't work with the French, Bush had a tax cut for the rich, Bush is responsible for global warming, Bush is stupid, Bush can't pronounce "nuclear", Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush...... That's the party of the people for you, except they're not for the people, if any of those idiots on the Left came up with a constructive idea, it'd die of loneliness! The DNC has shown beyond the shadow of a doubt that it has no leadership in its midst.... period. They solve problems by spending more money, then when the consequences of their misguided policies come to fruition, they resort to what they do best (except for spending tax payer money) blame the Republicans.

P.S. By the way, you won't see any Republicans flocking into therapy over Bush's low approval ratings like your fellow milquetoasts did last year after Bush's election.

P.P.S. I daresay, that if Bush vetoed a few dozen spending bills (especially the ones with Senator Kennedy's name on them), held firm and made the tax cut bigger and permanent, firebombed a few cities in Iraq, and nominated a few justices like Robert Bork to the Supreme Court, Bush's approval rating would be over double what it is now.... and you can take that to the bank.

P.P.P.S and if the MSM tells you that the Earth is round, the sky is blue, and 1+1=2, then you'd better start believing in a flat earth, go out and look at the sky for yourself and start re-thinking the principles of arithmetic, 'cause if the MSM says it, it probably isn't true.

Excelent. Simply outstanding. Lock the thread. No more needs to be said.

insein said:
Hey you guys will finally get your wish next presidential election. George W. Bush will not be elected. It took 8 years of wishing and hoping but finally your dream of GWB being out of office will be fulfilled. Of course, JEB might be taking that spot. Itll be Bush all over again. lol

Such a truthful post, Insein. :) But Jeb Bush has just iterated again, absolutely, that he is not in the race for '08--but says he might make the run in '12. Too bad for America. Governors always make good presidents, and Jeb has been a great governor and is the best politician in the Bush family.

nakedemperor said:
I mean I had to come back and report on this, because what's more fun that darting behind enemy lines to start a thread about how poorly America thinks they're doing? :dev1:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html

So; sinking like a stone, or about to turn it all around?

Gee naked,
Your glee is so telling. . . enemy lines, how poorly America is supposedly doing? Are you rooting for Saddam to win his trial too?
I noticed that you neglected to show the rest of the article that shows that the rapist(clinton) was at 37 percent at the same time in his "Presidency".

-Eisenhower: 49% mid-July, 1960

-Kennedy: 56% mid-September, 1963

-Johnson: 35% early August, 1968

-Nixon: 24% mid-July, 1974, and early August, 1974

-Ford: 37% early January, 1975, and late March, 1975

-Carter: 28% late June, 1979

-Reagan: 35% late January, 1983

-George H.W. Bush: 29% late July, 1992

-Clinton: 37% early June, 1993

-George W. Bush: 37%* mid-November, 2005

* to date

Source: Gallup polls, 1952-1991; CNN/USA Today/Gallup polls, 1992-present.

Typical of your narrow view of life. If he wanted easy poll numbers he would have appealed to the single issue voters and pushed for gay marriage, easy to gather simpleton votes.

sitarro said:
Gee naked,
Your glee is so telling. . . enemy lines, how poorly America is supposedly doing? Are you rooting for Saddam to win his trial too?
I noticed that you neglected to show the rest of the article that shows that the rapist(clinton) was at 37 percent at the same time in his "Presidency".

-Eisenhower: 49% mid-July, 1960

-Kennedy: 56% mid-September, 1963

-Johnson: 35% early August, 1968

-Nixon: 24% mid-July, 1974, and early August, 1974

-Ford: 37% early January, 1975, and late March, 1975

-Carter: 28% late June, 1979

-Reagan: 35% late January, 1983

-George H.W. Bush: 29% late July, 1992

-Clinton: 37% early June, 1993

-George W. Bush: 37%* mid-November, 2005

* to date

Source: Gallup polls, 1952-1991; CNN/USA Today/Gallup polls, 1992-present.

Typical of your narrow view of life. If he wanted easy poll numbers he would have appealed to the single issue voters and pushed for gay marriage, easy to gather simpleton votes.

On the whole, I'd say poll numbers mean little.

However, I'm not sure you can compare Clinton to Bush here because, while they are at the same time of the term, they are different terms. I do think Bush will pull it back up to somewhere around 45-50... but doubt it'll ever peak much over 50% unless there is a major national event.

The ClayTaurus said:
On the whole, I'd say poll numbers mean little.

However, I'm not sure you can compare Clinton to Bush here because, while they are at the same time of the term, they are different terms. I do think Bush will pull it back up to somewhere around 45-50... but doubt it'll ever peak much over 50% unless there is a major national event.

Honestly, i have expect the nation to errupt in civil war before President Bush finishes his term. Course with some of the liberal books on how to assasinate a President, I hope he makes it.

nakedemperor said:
I mean I had to come back and report on this, because what's more fun that darting behind enemy lines to start a thread about how poorly America thinks they're doing? :dev1:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html

So; sinking like a stone, or about to turn it all around?

I share your joy. Bush was so desperate that he had to use a nonpartisan day like veterans day to make a partisan speech. Talk about pathetic. He was so defensive about how we came to invade Iraq which indicates a guilty mind.

It is interesting to see you all saying that Bush's popularity will be back in no time. Time will tell, but this president claimed that he would restore integrity and honesty to the White House, and yet the majority of americans question his integrity.

Cabernet said:
I share your joy. Bush was so desperate that he had to use a nonpartisan day like veterans day to make a partisan speech. Talk about pathetic. He was so defensive about how we came to invade Iraq which indicates a guilty mind.

It is interesting to see you all saying that Bush's popularity will be back in no time. Time will tell, but this president claimed that he would restore integrity and honesty to the White House, and yet the majority of americans question his integrity.

:thewave: We have our own DNC spinmeister!

Stephanie said:
Pffffeeeeessh.....Yea he had to restore integrity to the White house after clinton left it. The real poll's have already been proven... President Bush was re-elected.

Clinton was re-elected as well. What is your point? Sure people believed in him one year ago, but look at him now.

And I sure didn't see any of the democrats keep their mouth shut on Veterans day. They we right there with their bs one hour after his speech... :tng:

I did not see the democrats attacking Bush that same day. If that is true, then they are just as bad. Veterans Day is about honoring those who served our country.

Cabernet said:
Clinton was re-elected as well. What is your point? Sure people believed in him one year ago, but look at him now.

I did not see the democrats attacking Bush that same day. If that is true, then they are just as bad. Veterans Day is about honoring those who served our country.

I was going to rewrite my post so I deleted my first one, but you answered it before I could.. I don't pay too much attention to polls.

Forum List

Back