3 in 5 voters: Boot every congressman

My original thesis:

Public assistance is not evil. Profiting from it is.

There is nothing wrong with assisting those less fortunate... even if the motivation is to keep from seeing beggars in the streets.

Well, that and the observation that Mexico is a less desirable place to live because they can't or won't assist their poor, if this is what you mean by 'comparison'...

-Joe
It doesn't surprise me that you are unwilling to be specific on your post 33, responding to mine on letting the States decide on whether they want their governments to provide social services.

It doesn't surprise me that you are unwilling to be specific on your post 33, responding to mine on letting the States decide on whether they want their governments to provide social services.

Glock,

I see the confusion... I wasn't arguing about whether or not to let the states decide what to spend on public assistance - I was arguing your original thesis, which is to spend nothing on public assistance.

-Joe

Glock,

I see the confusion... I wasn't arguing about whether or not to let the states decide what to spend on public assistance - I was arguing your original thesis, which is to spend nothing on public assistance.

-Joe

In the US, the poor are best served by private charities. If States don't think that these charities are doing enough, then their politicians can confiscate the money like the feds do now.

In the US, the poor are best served by private charities. If States don't think that these charities are doing enough, then their politicians can confiscate the money like the feds do now.

See, Glock? You're not as much of a hard-ass as I was led to believe! (Sorry if I just offended you :D )

-Joe

See, Glock? You're not as much of a hard-ass as I was led to believe! (Sorry if I just offended you :D )

-Joe

Liberals always demonize conservatives like you tried to. 'You want to put people in the streets.' Its all bullshit.

Conservatives want the feds to limit themselves by their Constitutional mandate.

Liberals always demonize conservatives like you tried to. 'You want to put people in the streets.' Its all bullshit.

Conservatives want the feds to limit themselves by their Constitutional mandate.

Well, now you're just being reasonable... Stop it! You're confusing me!

-Joe

New Topics

Forum List

Back