3 in 5 voters: Boot every congressman

Indicted Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.), who was videotaped by the FBI receiving $100,000 in $100 bills, much of which was later recovered from his home's freezer in an FBI raid, was the top vote-getter Saturday in a field of seven candidates in Louisiana's Democratic primary.

We went to breakfast yesterday and there was a man standing on the corner with a sign that said "VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY/GIRL" and the response was amazing. If people want a real change, then thats the best way to do it. Get rid of all of them on one big lump, when you see the word incumbant you should pull the lever for the other person.

But that includes Obama and McCain. Oh, noes! Can't have that!

z60647123.jpg

Indicted Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.), who was videotaped by the FBI receiving $100,000 in $100 bills, much of which was later recovered from his home's freezer in an FBI raid, was the top vote-getter Saturday in a field of seven candidates in Louisiana's Democratic primary.

Why then does it surprise anyone in his district when the services that they think are owed to them by the Fed. never seem to come out to their satisfaction? You vote for a crook , thats exactly what you get to represent you.

I love this idea. 74 out of 100 Senators gone. And the 228+ House of Representatives. They can join Bush in the unemployment line.

You'd end up with a de-facto budget that way. I'd rather see spending decreased over time by elimination of all social programs.

:disagree:

Public assistance is not inherently evil - ask any victim of Katrina.

Profiting from it is evil.

Also bad, but not necessarily evil, is those benefitting from public assistance not understanding that it is assistance, not an entitlement, which needs to be appreciated and paid back if possible.

-Joe

Two things to clean up 95% of bullshit in Congress:
1. Term limits.
2. Fair or Flat Tax with no meddling allowed.

We don't need Term Limits or Campaign Finance reform. All we need is a return to electing our reps on the basis of population rather than some set number.

If you elected reps 1 for every 250,000, or less, you would reduce the need for money, because the districts would be smaller. You would reduce the need and influence of staffs because members could do the work themselves. You could reduce the number of committee assignments because there would be enough members to go around.

It has the added benefit of being the system we started out with. Change it BACK!!!

We went to breakfast yesterday and there was a man standing on the corner with a sign that said "VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY/GIRL" and the response was amazing. If people want a real change, then thats the best way to do it. Get rid of all of them on one big lump, when you see the word incumbant you should pull the lever for the other person.

That is exactly what i plan on doing this election. I'll probably vote for Barr for pres. but I will definitely be voting against every other incumbent.

59 percent say they'd kick out all members of House, Senate

3 in 5 voters: Boot<BR>every congressman

The question is not, "Would you vote out all of the Reps?" The question is, "Will you vote YOUR rep out?"

People like to think their guy/gal is ok. They aren't they all suck. Vote them out before it's too late! (OK, it's already too late but vote them out before they strike again!)

Disclaimer: My Rep and Senator are retiring, so everyone in Virginia 11 gets a pass. Remember Leslie Byrne was already there, she's already been voted out. Vote for the other guy.

I will be voting against my incumbent REP congressman.. as I have before... but he will win again.... he is a long time incumbent

As for the rest... I think everyone knows McCain was not my top choice... and that McCain has no chance in MD.... but I will do my part in voting for him as a vote against Obama

Last edited:
:disagree:

Public assistance is not inherently evil - ask any victim of Katrina.

Profiting from it is evil.

Also bad, but not necessarily evil, is those benefitting from public assistance not understanding that it is assistance, not an entitlement, which needs to be appreciated and paid back if possible.

-Joe

If the Feds didn't create the bloated Army Corps of Engineers and National Flood Insurance programs New Orleans would never have been built 9' below sea level. Assistance to the small group of people effected by a natural disaster would then be handled at the State level and assisted by private charities like the Red Cross.

We don't need Term Limits or Campaign Finance reform. All we need is a return to electing our reps on the basis of population rather than some set number.

If you elected reps 1 for every 250,000, or less, you would reduce the need for money, because the districts would be smaller. You would reduce the need and influence of staffs because members could do the work themselves. You could reduce the number of committee assignments because there would be enough members to go around.

It has the added benefit of being the system we started out with. Change it BACK!!!
That would make 1200 Congressman- a ridiculously large number. It would also do nothing to restrict the power of incumbency.

I don't support anything remotely like Campaign Finance Reform. If a Flat or Fair Tax were implemented it would greatly the incentives for lobbyists to bother with Congress, thereby reducing corporate involvement in election financing.

Forum List

Back