2nd hand smoke...lets be clear you indocterated stupid fucks

What are you arguing about? Are you going to try and tell us that second hand smoke is NOT harmful and that we should all just "forget about it" so that you can sit on your arse and smoke inside? It's disgusting and it's rude and it's selfish.

I'm saying its not the instant death sentence that anti-smoking zealots are making it out to be.

and i notice you can't answer my question.

What question? The fact that you want to minimize the harmful effects on a person's health from second hand smoke? Doesn't matter if it only does a "little" damage or a "lot" of damage. I don't want to be exposed to that if I choose to go have a few drinks at my local bar.

So basically it's "me me me", and the government gets to enforce it for you.

wonderful.

Good. If it protects my body from your filth, I'm good with that. I take care of my body. I don't want you to pollute it.

Then stay home, cowering in your house, and let the rest of us live our lives.

or you can keep your smoke to yourself.

Good. If it protects my body from your filth, I'm good with that. I take care of my body. I don't want you to pollute it.

No. Go smoke outside where you belong.

Again, I DON"T FUCKING SMOKE.

2-4 cigars a year does not a smoker make.

My issue is with government deciding a place where once legal vice is perfectly OK cannot also allow another legal vice even if everyone who usually patronizes and works at the place wants to.
Majority rules on forcing others to breathe your filth?

No, bars are freaking bars, especially ones that don't serve food. Just let us drink in peace, and let me have one of my 2-4 stogies a year while sitting at the bar and drinking my scotchy scotch.

I have a better idea. have smoking bars and non-smoking bars and keep your smoke to yourself.

I'm saying its not the instant death sentence that anti-smoking zealots are making it out to be.

and i notice you can't answer my question.

What question? The fact that you want to minimize the harmful effects on a person's health from second hand smoke? Doesn't matter if it only does a "little" damage or a "lot" of damage. I don't want to be exposed to that if I choose to go have a few drinks at my local bar.

wonderful.

Just like you can keep the hot air coming out of your mouth to yourself?

My issue is with government deciding a place where once legal vice is perfectly OK cannot also allow another legal vice even if everyone who usually patronizes and works at the place wants to.

No, bars are freaking bars, especially ones that don't serve food. Just let us drink in peace, and let me have one of my 2-4 stogies a year while sitting at the bar and drinking my scotchy scotch.

I have a better idea. have smoking bars and non-smoking bars and keep your smoke to yourself.

THANK YOU.

In NYC you can't have that unless the smoke shop was grandfathered in, or you go through a long ridiculous process. A bar just can't say it's a smoking bar in NYC.

wonderful.

poor whining marty. like I said... get a grip.

wonderful.

Oh come on, you set yourself up for that one. Any sense of humor at all... No?

And people wonder why progressives come off as humorless gasbags.

THANK YOU.

In NYC you can't have that unless the smoke shop was grandfathered in, or you go through a long ridiculous process. A bar just can't say it's a smoking bar in NYC.

you didn't ask. I do think businesses should be able to decide whether they want to accommodate smokers or non-smokers.

as long as you keep your smoke to yourself I don't care.

now stop stamping your feet.

I'm not a progressive. but whatever makes you feel better about being a rightwingnut loon.

and it's not liberals who are humnorless....it's rightwingnut bigoted pondscum.

we'll let you know if you ever say anything funny.

now stop throwing tantrums. you're embarrassing yourself yet again.

THANK YOU.

you didn't ask. I do think businesses should be able to decide whether they want to accommodate smokers or non-smokers.

as long as you keep your smoke to yourself I don't care.

now stop stamping your feet.

Well at least we agree on something.

I'm not a progressive. but whatever makes you feel better about being a rightwingnut loon.

and it's not liberals who are humnorless....it's rightwingnut bigoted pondscum.

we'll let you know if you ever say anything funny.

now stop throwing tantrums. you're embarrassing yourself yet again.

It's nice to have a thread stalker, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

and no, you have no sense of humor I can detect.

and yes, you are a progressive loon, own up to it, embrace it.

THANK YOU.

Okay, so go to a state that does allow it and open your smoking bar.

THANK YOU.

Why should I have to leave my home state to do it?

THANK YOU.

Why should nonsmokers have to avoid going to their neighborhood bars?

THANK YOU.

Why would there be no non-smoking neighborhood bars?

THANK YOU.

Maybe some only have one bar?

THANK YOU.

Maybe some only have one bar?

In New York City?

LOL, the things tend to run in clusters, I live in a mostly residential part and I have 5-6 of them within a mile walking distance, increase that to 1.5 miles and the number doubles.

The NYC law doesn't give any discretion to the bar, and severely curtails the opening of smoke places, pretty much only places grandfathered in are around.

If so many people prefer smoke free environments, and bars can always ban smoking on their own if they so choose, why does the government have to impose a blanket ban?

Yea I know the worse smoking Nazis are the ex ones
Can you please justify exposing others to second hand smoke?

Isn't smoking the most intrusive habit? When someone is smoking near another who does not smoke, why should the smoker not be asked to extinguish their cigarette out of common courtesy?

Deodorants, perfumes, etc., are toxic as well. Do you ask the same question of the people that use these items?

Mark
I usually don't walk away from an encounter with someone with poor hygiene smelling of a trailer park ashtray.

Deflection. Either you are worried about exposure to these chemicals or not.

Mark
I expose myself to personal hygiene products. I do not appreciate having someone else impose second hand smoke on me.

Wrong. When others wear these chemicals, they "leech off" into the air and affect you just as SHS does.

Fragrance Is The New Secondhand Smoke

From the link:

Secondhand Fragrance

When people go to a public place, they are sharing what is now being called “secondhand fragrance”. This is the combination of harmful chemicals being released into the public air space from air fresheners, cleaning products, and scented candles, plus all the products people are wearing (from hair spray, shampoo, clothes, to perfume, etc). Everyone is involuntarily breathing contaminated air even if they choose to not wear fragranced products. It’s time to clear the air and prioritize human health, not economic interest. Already, cities like Detroit have created Fragrance Free Zones, where perfume and aftershave are discouraged. There is a growing tension between two fiercely opposing camps: the National Perfumers Guild and Fragrance Houses versus the “Anti-Fragrance Activists.”3

What could be wrong with a beautiful fragrance? Nothing, if it is a genuine and authentic plant derived, unadulterated essential oil or an organic, wildcrafted scent oil. These oils have been effectively used for fragrance throughout history. However, since World War II, inexpensive, synthetic chemicals can produce fragrances that are abundantly available and can be terribly toxic.

Mark

There is no evidence and never will be one that 2nd hand smoke will kill you before you stuff your face with pizza to death..dumb fucks.

That is all...oh wait and this

Study Finds No Link Between Secondhand Smoke And Cancer

A large-scale study found no clear link between secondhand smoke and lung cancer, undercutting the premise of years of litigation including a Florida case that yielded a $350 million settlement.

The article in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute details a study of 76,000 women over more than a decade, which found the usual link between smoking and cancer. Lung cancer was 13 times more common in current smokers, and four times more common in former smokers, than in non-smokers.
Now that's a really well out thoughtful post. Want a big slice of second hand deep dish Chicago style pizza ?

Forum List

Back