280 Moscow Tanks Destroyed by Ukraine Using US Javelin Missile

Show me when a dictator stops after his first victory.
I think we're talking past one another. Initially, I didn't think Putin would actually invade as it would be disastrous for Russia and for him. After years of shrewd geopolitical maneuvering, Putin has proven himself to be a megalomaniac after all. Russia's military prowess has always been plagued by over-centralization of tactical authority and an egregious lack of crosstraining. This undermines initiative and versatility from the top on down.

This invasion is a clusterfuck. Russia will not win this conflict, and this may well be the end of Putin. The invasion is a huge domestic and geopolitical miscalculation!

At one time tanks were the biggest and baddest thing on the battlefield.

With more and more nations having shoulder launched weapons, they have become awkward targets.

Sadly they can't save their cities from Russian artillery.

They can be very effective, indeed, by when properly employed tactically, a modern tank is better with close to twice the range. Of course sitting still or moving slowly down the center of a heavy duty hardstand highway in a non tactical fashion are sitting ducks. Certainly not best to use to take a large city.

My first MOS in the army was 27E which is the repair of TOW and Dragon anti-tank missile systems.. They were killer, never got to shoot one but watched them in action.

Because Putin's illegal invasion is an assault on the liberal world order that has been in place since WWII, and has created unprecedented global wealth and freedom.

kadyrovtsy are light armed and dying the flies, “Elite” Chechen “fighters” Part 8 : Putin brought those soldiers from over 1700km away to they death in Ukraine! Graphic Video shows Aftermath of Russian Backed Kadyrovtsy chechen Forces convoy being destroyed by Ukranian Armed Forces in an ambush.

USA Today came out with a "fact-check" article, debunking the videos coming in from Ukraine, claiming that some are part of training scenarios, while others are from past conflict and yet others can't be substantiated.
I guess that if one were to listen to USA Today, nothing's really going on over there. They need to take those to reporters and drop them off in Ukraine to make sure they get their stories accurately, rather than be arm-chair reporters. I think that Sky News (Australia) has a more accurate assessment of what's going on there.

Forum List

Back