27,000 gun owners in once place...

Cool links Dave. Unfortunately none of them link to this thread, do they.

Yanno what, I posted that before I even scanned the links, knowing in advance they wouldn't. Now that I've scanned them, none of those links even link to this website.
Yet again, you attempt to move the goalposts. You do that. A LOT.

You said, and I quote:
Because your strawman shot hisself in da haid.

"Guns" are not the problem. Nobody said that.
You weren't speaking of this thread, nor was M14 in the post to which you were replying.

I proved you wrong.

And yet again, you will not take responsibility for your error. You do that. A LOT.

Oh by all means instruct me on what I was talking about. That's always a good plan. What could possibly go wrong.
You said:

I showed that people have, indeed, said that.

Thus endeth the lesson. Unfortunately, the student is a moron.

You must be new to "English". That explains a lot of your past posts.
Good luck with the ESL.
Chickenshit weasel.

I proved you wrong. Cry some more about it.

Oh and thanks for demonstrating my point yet again with the avatar. Good stuff.

... most of them armed...
... a good many of them armed with 'assault weapons'...
... and no one died.
In fact, no one was shot.
In FACT, no one was hurt - AND the demonstrators cleaned up after themselves.

If guns are the problem, why did yesterday's demonstration go off just like it would if no one had a gun?
I would erase this thread before the rest of the world sees and laugh at you.
In absence of a rational, reasoned response? I accept their concession.
Gun culture is a huge american problem...
If so, why was no one shot last Monday?

... and no one died.

If guns are the problem, why did yesterday's demonstration go off just like it would if no one had a gun?
Why do Americans get shot more than most other nations ?

... and no one died.

Dunno. Tell us.

... and no one died.

Dunno. Tell us.
Because the easy access to guns. Simple.

... and no one died.

Dunno. Tell us.
Because the easy access to guns.
Demonstrate this to be true.

... and no one died.

Gun Culture is. And that btw is not "Politics". It's social mores.

Speaking of which, hey, check your thread title. And please, don't get no jizz on the floor.

The people at the rally were certainly into the "gun culture", big time.

They are not the problem. The problem is the criminal culture. Most of the gun crimes committed in this country arte committed by inner city thugs, druggies, and gang bangers, mostly minorities. Assholes that don't give a shit about any gun law.

Without bothering to vet the term "most" and accepting it for the sake of argument, what do any and all of these elements, as well as, say, Mafioso, outer city thugs, larcenists, bank robbers, suicidists and of course mass shooters of innocents, all have in common?

Gun Culture. The perverse dogma that all the answers to controlling people, robbing people, getting revenge on people, and most prominently "defending oneself", lies in the worship of Almighty Gun. And that's what makes it cultural.

Which brings us back to the OP and his fawning masturbatory fantasy image of (see title above), treating worship of said Almighty Gun as if some kind of sacred pilgrimage to Mecca. Not to mention actually NAMING HIMSELF after his god. That speaks heavily of values, hence, culture.
…with the understanding that what constitutes gun culture is in no manner representative of gunowners in general; that those who practice gun culture make up but a tiny minority.

The vast majority of gunowners reject the demagoguery, sophistry, and lies the product of the gun culture, this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, gun cult would be a more accurate and appropriate description.

... and no one died.

Speaking of which, hey, check your thread title. And please, don't get no jizz on the floor.

They are not the problem. The problem is the criminal culture. Most of the gun crimes committed in this country arte committed by inner city thugs, druggies, and gang bangers, mostly minorities. Assholes that don't give a shit about any gun law.

Without bothering to vet the term "most" and accepting it for the sake of argument, what do any and all of these elements, as well as, say, Mafioso, outer city thugs, larcenists, bank robbers, suicidists and of course mass shooters of innocents, all have in common?

Gun Culture. The perverse dogma that all the answers to controlling people, robbing people, getting revenge on people, and most prominently "defending oneself", lies in the worship of Almighty Gun. And that's what makes it cultural.

Which brings us back to the OP and his fawning masturbatory fantasy image of (see title above), treating worship of said Almighty Gun as if some kind of sacred pilgrimage to Mecca. Not to mention actually NAMING HIMSELF after his god. That speaks heavily of values, hence, culture.
…with the understanding that what constitutes gun culture is in no manner representative of gunowners in general; that those who practice gun culture make up but a tiny minority.

The vast majority of gunowners reject the demagoguery, sophistry, and lies the product of the gun culture, this thread being one of many examples.

I respectfully define the gun culture a little differently than you perhaps do.

Firearms shooting and collecting is my main recreational hobby. I shoot every week. Many of my friends and associates also do the same. I am also a firearms instructor and range officer.

I look at the people that share this passion to be the real gun culture of America. Law abiding citizens that simply enjoy firearms. I suspect that most of the people that marched in Virginia on Monday were in this culture and it is a good thing.

Using firearms for illegal purposes is the criminal culture.

I think the two are different.

... and no one died.

Point well taken. I lean to culture because it's so widespread and pervasive, as opposed to cult which generally indicates a fringe element far out of the mainstream. While rational beings assess that hyperventilating over instruments of violence should be out of the mainstream values, and is the case in most of the corners of the earth, the numbers would indicate the disease is considerably more widespread in specifically this country and culture. This (national) culture is one that bizarrely fantasizes and emulates violence and death and the firearm is still its instrument of choice. Hence, Culture of Death, Culture of Violence, Culture of Guns, all apply synonymously.

... and no one died.

I respectfully define the gun culture a little differently than you perhaps do.

Firearms shooting and collecting is my main recreational hobby. I shoot every week. Many of my friends and associates also do the same. I am also a firearms instructor and range officer.

I look at the people that share this passion to be the real gun culture of America. Law abiding citizens that simply enjoy firearms. I suspect that most of the people that marched in Virginia on Monday were in this culture and it is a good thing.

Using firearms for illegal purposes is the criminal culture.

I think the two are different.

They are indeed different. Criminality is a specific application where firearms are used, and as you deftly point out, hardly the only one. "Criminal culture", if there be such a thing, would encompass any activity that violates laws and the methods to do it, with or without firearms, with or without violence. "Gun culture" describes a set of social values as applied to the values of respect for Life -- again whether one directs those values to criminal activity or not. It describes the value of "might makes right" if you will, the philosophy that in any relationship one party should prevail purely on superior brute force --- again, whether that brute force is ever exercised or not.

... and no one died.

Point well taken. I lean to culture because it's so widespread and pervasive, as opposed to cult which generally indicates a fringe element far out of the mainstream. While rational beings assess that hyperventilating over instruments of violence should be out of the mainstream values, and is the case in most of the corners of the earth, the numbers would indicate the disease is considerably more widespread in specifically this country and culture. This (national) culture is one that bizarrely fantasizes and emulates violence and death and the firearm is still its instrument of choice. Hence, Culture of Death, Culture of Violence, Culture of Guns, all apply synonymously.
sounds like Chicago ....:yapyapyapf:

Yet again, you attempt to move the goalposts. You do that. A LOT.

You said, and I quote:

You weren't speaking of this thread, nor was M14 in the post to which you were replying.

I proved you wrong.

And yet again, you will not take responsibility for your error. You do that. A LOT.

Oh by all means instruct me on what I was talking about. That's always a good plan. What could possibly go wrong.
You said:

I showed that people have, indeed, said that.

Thus endeth the lesson. Unfortunately, the student is a moron.

You must be new to "English". That explains a lot of your past posts.
Good luck with the ESL.
Chickenshit weasel.

I proved you wrong. Cry some more about it.

Oh and thanks for demonstrating my point yet again with the avatar. Good stuff.
Stop pathetically trying to deflect. I proved you wrong.

... and no one died.

"...hyperventilating over instruments of violence..."

Oh, you mean like you do, in fear over the painting of a fictional character holding firearms in my avatar?

PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN rings hollow when it comes from abortion supporters. Run along now, boy.

Why do lefties want the government to take their guns when they claim the President is a dictator?

fatherboogLOL_jpg-1244769_JPG-1247688.JPG

Oh, you mean like you do, in fear over the painting of a fictional character holding firearms in my avatar?

PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN rings hollow when it comes from abortion supporters. Run along now, boy.

Nope, actually I mean in the real world. Fictional characters and graphic representations can't mete out physical harm.

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If you think your projection is stoking "fear" you're sadly mistaken.

We use such imagery to present ourselves to the world as we'd like our values to be perceived. That's why I have the avatar I have and you have the one you have. Feel free to analyze this

Nope, actually I mean in the real world. Fictional characters and graphic representations can't mete out physical harm.

The reference to your avatar is that it's yet another manifestation of the same cultural value. There's nothing about "fear" in that. It's psychoanalysis of what you project. If you think your projection is stoking "fear" you're sadly mistaken.

We use such imagery to present ourselves to the world as we'd like our values to be perceived. That's why I have the avatar I have and you have the one you have. Feel free to analyze this
None of that self-important bloviating changes the fact that I proved you wrong. Remember that?

Hey, take a guess -- how many guns do I own?

You grossly misunderstand his avatar.

Do you even know who that is?

You grossly misunderstand his avatar.

Do you even know who that is?
I've explained it to him before. He still doesn't know. He sees guns, he gets scared.

Forum List

Back