~25% of Americans do Not Believe in God

Jesus sent a message to me in the form of a potato chip in a Lay's bag that was in the image of the Virgin Mary! I tried to sell it on Ebay, but they won't list edible items like that. She was delicious!

The thing that mind numbed liberals can't seem to grasp is that the 1st Amendment's guaranteed freedom of religion extends to atheists and agnostics and even freaking prince of darkness worshipers. The first ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights was established to limit the power of the federal government.

The thing that mind numbed liberals can't seem to grasp is that the 1st Amendment's guaranteed freedom of religion extends to atheists and agnostics and even freaking prince of darkness worshipers. The first ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights was established to limit the power of the federal government.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here say anything which went against those principles.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here say anything which went against those principles.

Whitehall had me confused, too, Frigid. It looked to me like he was switching to our side!

This was bound to happen. As people become more educated, and things once considered magical continue to be explained, people have less need for magical beliefs to validate their existence.

Yea ...that's what happed , no this is what happened

8c4c0caf7f3c049e622e0dada4f7bac0.jpg

Whitehall had me confused, too, Frigid. It looked to me like he was switching to our side!

I don't really have a "side" though.

I don't really have a "side" though.

I mean, "our", in the sense of myself and my fellow secularists.

He is absent and has been for a long time. He no longer walks with people. We have to go with faith now, and some just refuse to embrace it (faith).

"Recent surveys have found that only about one in 10 Americans report that they do not believe in God, and only about 3 percent identify as atheist. But a new studysuggests that the true number of atheists could be much larger, perhaps even 10 times larger than previously estimated."

So you are guessing. You must have faith, similar to a theist, to believe that.

Matthew will say below the classic atheist mantra, "you can't prove it" to which the answer is "you can't disprove it."
It is hardly a black and white issue. Many are various shades of agnostic. I, myself, do not know if there be a deity, and, if there is, doubt that any religion has the nature of that deity correct.

He is absent and has been for a long time. He no longer walks with people. We have to go with faith now, and some just refuse to embrace it (faith).

But I DO walk with the people, and you just don't embrace ME!!!

People who don't believe in God are more likely to buy into bad ideas like Communism, Nazism, eugenics, abortion-on-demand, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, experimentation on humans, legalization of sex with children, etc. Nothing good will come of it if more people lose their faith in God.

People who don't believe in God are more likely to buy into bad ideas like Communism, Nazism, eugenics, abortion-on-demand, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, experimentation on humans, legalization of sex with children, etc. Nothing good will come of it if more people lose their faith in God.

Embryonic stem cell research? That seems a bit.....tame for your list. ;)

I find it weird how something that isn't supported by shit is believed in by 75% of this country.
There is plenty of evidence in support of a belief in God, Matthew.

Just how much have you read on the subject in order to make such a wild assertion?

Interestingly 48% of Americans believe in ghosts. 20% say they have seen a ghost. However 43% of bigfoots or big-feet, if you will, claim they don't believe in ghosts and 57% of the reptilians say the claims of the bigfeet are not accurate and that their feet are too big. Which in mixed company always makes for a HUGE argument between the large-pedals and scaly-skins. Only if there is a Headsman from Klolob is the dispute settled without violence. The talking snake generally stays out of the melee and hangs near the fruit bowl.

You are losing your mind.

The more secular churches get, the more congregation they lose. Then only churches growing at all are the evangelical ones. Rather than go to church and listen to a bunch of gay, multicultural, propaganda many people would rather not go at all.
The Pentecostal churches are also growing and Catholic churches/parishes where the priest actually believes in God and the churches teaching.

Funny how people just dont bother when their clergy are lukewarm duds.

Some people use this argument. The Universe is SOOOO complex that it MUST HAVE been created by a God. This line of reasoning is ridiculous, because then God must be so complex too that he MUST HAVE been created by some higher being, and that higher being too must be so complex that it must have been created and so on and on and on, until you have to ask, wait, it's can't be so.

You have demonstrated quite well with the above rant, that you do not have the slightest idea what the Argument from Design is or means.

'Design' does not equal 'complexity', dude.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back