24 hours in Afghanistan: 8 U.S. troops killed

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — Eight American troops were killed in a series of attacks in southern Afghanistan, officials said Wednesday as Taliban militants pushed back against an effort to secure the volatile region.

*left out stuff*

So far in July, 45 international troops have died in Afghanistan, 33 of them Americans. June saw more than 100 troops killed — the bloodiest month of the nine-year-old war.

24 hours in Afghanistan: 8 U.S. troops killed - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

the deadlist month in 9 years.....

The liberal outrage is just not there anymore.

We can only assume they don't like it when GOP Presidents preside over a war... but have no problem with their guy is Pres.

Hypocrites.

The Taliban have really stepped up in resistance since '09. Although to be fair, the graph in the link shows a slow, but steady increase in causalities, but in '09 it jumped straight up. I wonder why they've been doing so for only two years.

I like the graphic at the very end, that compares causalities to all the other wars America has been in since WWI. War is tragic, but the causalities could be so much more worse.

The Taliban have really stepped up in resistance since '09. Although to be fair, the graph in the link shows a slow, but steady increase in causalities, but in '09 it jumped straight up. I wonder why they've been doing so for only two years.

I like the graphic at the very end, that compares causalities to all the other wars America has been in since WWI. War is tragic, but the causalities could be so much more worse.

Some of these deaths are from Afghan soldiers turning on us and then defecting.
We know we will never "win" this war. At some point we will negotiate a settlement with the Taliban. I believe that is going on now. That has been US military policy, and a smart one, from the start.
You do not "win" land wars in that terrain. We have tactical bombers and can not hit anything anywhere efficiently with that.
We are hitting the bastards hard behind the scenes with spec and psy/ops. You will not hear about that and I agree with that but believe me. We are hitting the turd heads very hard in that area. Wiped out entire Taliban leadership areas recently.

The liberal outrage is just not there anymore.

We can only assume they don't like it when GOP Presidents preside over a war... but have no problem with their guy is Pres.

Hypocrites.

Shut the fuck up you partisan hack. You have no idea whan anyone thinks.

The worst part is that none of this is really necessary. You obviously cannot force nation building on feuding tribes. Even the U.S. puppet leader is a useless, corrupt, degenerate dope addict. I predict he'll be having an accidental death soon, LOL.

The worst part is that none of this is really necessary. You obviously cannot force nation building on feuding tribes. Even the U.S. puppet leader is a useless, corrupt, degenerate dope addict. I predict he'll be having an accidental death soon, LOL.

I'll be sure to let him know you said that.

Forum List

Back