21 Burned in Walk Over Hot Coals at Tony Robbins Event

bobcollum

Rookie
Sep 1, 2011
where I'm located
21 Burned in Walk Over Hot Coals at Robbins Event - ABC News

Fire officials said 21 people at an event hosted by motivational speaker Tony Robbins suffered burns while walking across hot coals, and three of the injured were treated at hospitals.

This typo in the article is probably closer to reality:

Walking across hot coals heated to between 1,200 to 2,000 degrees provides attendees an opportunity to "understand that there is absolutely nothing you can overcome," according to the motivational speaker's website.

Anyone paying someone for the privilege of walking over hot coals deserves to be burned.

From my understanding, walking over hot coals is done a certain way. First, you are supposed to use some sort of poress stone or rock like lava rocks. They are set on top of hot coals and after it sits for a while, then you walk over them.

While the rock or coals are still hot, the pores in the stone on top of the coals are much cooler making it easier to walk across. What it seems like these people did was walk over the hot coals without the lava rock on top. Plus, if you watch those who have done it many times, they don't walk but almost jog or run across.

I most likely wrong on this though and haven't looked it up.

I believe that if you're stupid and get hurt because of that stupidity, you deserve it.

Fire officials said 21 people at an event hosted by motivational speaker Tony Robbins suffered burns while walking across hot coals, and three of the injured were treated at hospitals.

Walking across hot coals heated to between 1,200 to 2,000 degrees provides attendees an opportunity to "understand that there is absolutely nothing you can overcome," according to the motivational speaker's website.

You must be a wingnut, walking over hot coals is physics.

You must be a wingnut, walking over hot coals is physics.

image.png

Forum List

Back