2015 Progressive Skate America

ThirdTerm

Severely Conservative
Feb 24, 2012
Trumplandia

I'm very excited about the start of the new figure skating season with Skate America over this weekend. Russia will be represented by Yulia Lipnitskaya and Gracie Gold is hoping to reclaim the title for America, after recovering from a leg injury. Lipnitskaya's short programme is especially designed for the US audience, featuring Elvis Presley's "Falling In Love With You".

It’s been three years since a U.S. woman won Skate America and six for the men, but Gracie Gold, Jason Brown and Max Aaron hope to end the drought for home skaters at the U.S.’ biggest annual international event this weekend.

Gold, Brown and Aaron, who all own U.S. titles, each seek their first Skate America crowns in Milwaukee. Short programs for all four disciplines are Friday. The long programs are all Saturday.

NBC and NBC Sports Live Extra will air coverage Saturday from 5-6 p.m. ET. NBCSN will air coverage Sunday from 10-11:30 p.m. ET.

U.S. champions hope to end Skate America droughts

Toe picks are evil. Thought I could use figure skates after years of hockey and broke my elbow after catching that dam pick on the ice. Figure skaters are braver in my opinion. No pads to soften the fall.

CSHXJEUVEAAX9aK.jpg

Gracie Gold showed a strong performance yesterday, scoring her personal best of 202.80. Gold spent the entire summer to practice without participating in ice shows as she usually does and she has improved technically, thus saving her reputation as a skater. But Julia Lipnitskaia fell short of my expectations and she missed a few jumps in her long programme.

CSHWIvbUEAAm_Uv.jpg

The final ladies results

Yevgenia Medvedeva won Skate America in her senior Grand Prix debut in Milwaukee on Saturday. Medvedeva, 15 and the World junior champion, held off American Gracie Gold by 3.21 points.

Yevgenia Medvedeva wins Skate America over Gracie Gold

Last edited:

Forum List

Back